what is your cats favorite toy ?

Old July 28th 11, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default what is your cats favorite toy ?

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Michael Lane" wrote in message
Blackie, one of ours, toy is a roll of paper towels. He will tear it to
pieces, all the time looking over his back to see what I am doing,
sorta
like , How am I doing Dad ? Makes heck of mess , but just vacuum it up
till next rol . lol

Both my cats, Kitty Farmcat (RB) and Boyfriend have never understood the
idea of toys.
Whether it is because they could/can go outside, I don't know.
They have both been bought cat toys and Boyfie got a couple from Germany
in
my last Christmas parcel. He looked at them, is all I can say. "WTF
are
these things?" he said. I did try to interest him by rolling them
around
the floor to tell my kind friend he appreciated them. He just put one
claw
out to snag one and then walked out of the room and has shown no
interest
since.
I was able to tell her he did put a claw out for one of his gifts at
least.
I've put the toys away in a cupboard now. I left them out for months
and
got fed up with wondering if Boyfie would show an interest. He doesn't.
He is a very serious and dignified cat. I would love it if he would
play
with a toy. The best he does about not being dignified is that he gets
the
zoomies once a week or so.
Toys R not Us he says.
(does Toy R Us, big toy store exist in Usa?) If not my joke will fall
flat.

Oh, yes. I thought it originated here, but I actually have no idea.

Boyfie has no need to play at predation when he has the real thing. Once
Smudge became an indoor/outdoor cat, she also lost interest in toys.

I also got them some cardboard boxes as I heard on here they loved them to
jump in and out of. They went down like a lead balloon.
They claimed that they were annoying to have to move around.

Old July 28th 11, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

The one thing you can depend on cats to do is not to behave the way you
expect them to.

All of my cats before the ones I have now were indoor/outdoor, and most of
them liked to play. Lindy, and later Nanki-Poo, were great hunters, but
they'd still run up and down the hallway chasing the laser pointer dot, and
go wild over the feathers on a string, as well as batting little mousies
around. If I ever replace my couch or refrigerator, I'm sure there will be
a lot of mousies found.

Joy

Old July 29th 11, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

They apparently didn't see the Maru Youtubes.

Joyce

--
I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.