OT Save PBS and NPR

Old June 16th 05, 06:24 PM
Melissa Houle

Default OT Save PBS and NPR

North American cat lovers, if you watch PBS and/or listen to NPR and love
and appreciate the programming they provide, now is the time to act on their
behalf. PBS and NPR are in danger of severe funding cuts this year and of
having their federal funding eliminated altogether in two years by
Congressional Republicans because the GOP percieves a liberal bias in PBS
and NPR programming. (Apparently they're okay with Pro-Conservative bias,
though.) Please click on the link below and sign the petition. The bigger
the response and the more signatures on the petition, the better. And
please, pass it on to your PBS and NPR appreciating friends and relatives,
or Big Bird has had it. More importantly, avenues to real news programs
such as The News Hour with Jim Lehrer and All Things Considered could be cut
off. We need news programming around here that tells us the TRUTH about
what this administration does!

http://www.moveon.org/publicbroadcasting/

Thanks!
Melissa

Old September 12th 05, 11:41 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Caroline S. wrote:
Thanks for the link, Melissa.

Yes, thanks indeed! Thing I can't understand is why I
hadn't already received this from Move On, since I am a
member, and supposedly on their list to receive such things!

-Caroline S.

Old September 13th 05, 04:53 AM
Gandalf

Melissa Houle wrote:

[...]

My response:

The United States of America now has the most corrupt government in the
industrialized world, under the near mentally dysfunctional puppet
President, George W. Bush, and his handlers: Haliburton Oil, other Big
Business which put him in office, and are now getting their payback, and
ultra right wing so-called 'religious' groups.

Now the Bush administration and their Big Business co- conspirators want
to silence the voice of Truth about all of the illegal, under the table
dealing of the Bush administration, by attempting to silence National
Public Radio and the Public Broadcasting System.

Myself, my friends, and the remaining honest people of America, who DID
NOT VOTE BUSH INTO OFFICE IN 1996, will not stand for this attempt to
silence the truth about all of the illegal operations going on in the
Bush Administration.

Can you say Tom Delay?

Can you say a former horse trainer as head of FEMA?

John Bolton representing the United States of America In the United
Nations? He belongs on a leash, IMHO.

I'M NOT GOING TO STAND FOR YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF CORRUPTION FROM THE
REPUBLICAN ADMINISTRATION!!!!
Old September 13th 05, 02:18 PM
Cwazee Catt

Gandalf bent over and whined:

The United States of America now has the most corrupt government in the
industrialized world, under the near mentally dysfunctional puppet
President, George W. Bush

Move to Iraq fatboi. Nobody's keepin you here.
Old September 14th 05, 02:25 AM

I give $10.00 a month to NPR, Worker's Comp doesn't pay much

also joined the UCLA...is that right?
and Planned Parenthood

lynn

Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for
the people.
Oscar Wilde