moving cross country with 4 cats

Old July 27th 05, 08:45 PM
Ditty

Default moving cross country with 4 cats

....and the move will have to be by air travel. Does anyone have
experience with Delta airlines Pet Air Cargo or private pet moving
services? We have to move the 3rd week of August. Blech.

Old July 28th 05, 01:45 AM
Hopitus

I'm not going to post the whole business again. Look up about 37 topics to
where it says, "travel pet cages/airline travel w/pets". I am Hopitus the
one who flew all 3 cats Delta a year ago, moving cross-country. Read how it
went.

Old July 28th 05, 02:05 PM
Ditty

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:45:02 -0600, "Hopitus"
wrote:

I'm not going to post the whole business again. Look up about 37 topics to
where it says, "travel pet cages/airline travel w/pets". I am Hopitus the
one who flew all 3 cats Delta a year ago, moving cross-country. Read how it
went.

Thank you so much. I located the thread and am starting to feel a
little better about flying my kitties. I'll be using Delta, so I
really appreciate your response. I'll be sure to do some serious
tipping.

--
Ditty
"Thousands of years ago, cats were

http://www.dearauntnettie.com
http://www.dearauntnettie.com/museum
http://www.dearauntnettie.com/gallery

Old July 30th 05, 03:50 PM
Ditty

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 01:18:36 GMT, "Brandy**Alexandre"
wrote:

Ditty wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Thank you so much. I located the thread and am starting to feel a
little better about flying my kitties. I'll be using Delta, so I
really appreciate your response. I'll be sure to do some serious
tipping.

ESPECIALLY with this being the hottest time of the year. Be nice, be
vigigilant, be prepared, and have plenty of 5s and 10s.

I was thinking twenties.... ;-)

Old July 30th 05, 04:33 PM
Hopitus

ROFL - In large urban East Coast area like s. FL, (big tourist towns) the
magic #
is 20, I think. If you have 4 cats, ditto 20.
Otherwise (less urban area, fewer cats) you might squeak by w/less, LOL. One
of my 2 cargo girls was total blind and very frightened. When I left,
personnel were soothing her w/comforting voices/head pats through bars (I
had reassured that neither of the girls bite: I brought the "biter", Rowdy,
w/me in coach a week later.)

news

Old July 30th 05, 04:53 PM
Ditty

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:33:57 -0600, "Hopitus"
wrote:

ROFL - In large urban East Coast area like s. FL, (big tourist towns) the
magic #
is 20, I think. If you have 4 cats, ditto 20.
Otherwise (less urban area, fewer cats) you might squeak by w/less, LOL. One
of my 2 cargo girls was total blind and very frightened. When I left,
personnel were soothing her w/comforting voices/head pats through bars (I
had reassured that neither of the girls bite: I brought the "biter", Rowdy,
w/me in coach a week later.)

Thanks. I have to admit, my cats can look pretty pitiful in their
carriers...