catsitting for Biscuit

Old April 24th 04, 11:17 AM

Default catsitting for Biscuit

A friend of mine is out of town for a week, and I signed up for cat-
sitting duties two nights out of the 7. Last night was my first
sleepover with Biscuit, her very sweet, chubby, blue-eyed tortie.

I got myself all comfy on the couch and watched a movie while she
curled up next to me, facing me, and purring her head off. Every once
in a while, she'd lean forward and start licking my mouth. She was
very specific about wanting to lick my *mouth*. I do enjoy being
licked by cats, but I wasn't sure about this french-kissing thing -
all I could think was, what if she'd just licked her butt? Then
she'd bite my nose, kind of hard actually, making me wince. And then
she'd get all offended that I winced, and start to get up to leave.
I would coo at her and pet her soothingly, trying to convince her
to stay, so she would. What a strange little cat.

She slept with me (and often, *on* me, all 15 lbs of her!) throughout
the night. A really cute, sweet kitty.

Joyce
Old April 24th 04, 04:07 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 10:17:53 GMT, yodeled:

A friend of mine is out of town for a week, and I signed up for cat-
sitting duties two nights out of the 7. Last night was my first
sleepover with Biscuit, her very sweet, chubby, blue-eyed tortie.

I got myself all comfy on the couch and watched a movie while she
curled up next to me, facing me, and purring her head off. Every once
in a while, she'd lean forward and start licking my mouth. She was
very specific about wanting to lick my *mouth*.

Had you eaten something nice-smelling? Stinky used to try to climb
into my mouth after I'd done my teeth. He loved the smell of
toothpaste and mouthwash.

I do enjoy being
licked by cats, but I wasn't sure about this french-kissing thing -
all I could think was, what if she'd just licked her butt? Then
she'd bite my nose, kind of hard actually, making me wince. And then
she'd get all offended that I winced, and start to get up to leave.
I would coo at her and pet her soothingly, trying to convince her
to stay, so she would. What a strange little cat.

She slept with me (and often, *on* me, all 15 lbs of her!) throughout
the night. A really cute, sweet kitty.

Joyce

Wow. Reminds me a bit of my little tabby friend Annabel, who would
remove my earrings with her teeth, and my enormous friend Puss (about
20 pounds) who jumps in your lap, wraps his paws around your neck, and
chews on your ears. Some cats are extra-vigorous in their affection.

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old April 25th 04, 12:23 AM

Kreisleriana wrote:

Every once
in a while, she'd lean forward and start licking my mouth. She was
very specific about wanting to lick my *mouth*.

Had you eaten something nice-smelling?

Oh, no - she does this all the time, says my friend. It's one of her
fetishes, apparently.

Reminds me a bit of my little tabby friend Annabel, who would
remove my earrings with her teeth

She sounds like a cockatiel-wannabe.

and my enormous friend Puss (about
20 pounds) who jumps in your lap, wraps his paws around your neck, and
chews on your ears. Some cats are extra-vigorous in their affection.

Aww... I love it when a cat wraps its arms around your neck. OK, the
ear-chewing thing might be a bit much, but I'd be tempted to put up
with it if he didn't chew too hard. 20 lbs of cat *jumping* onto you
might be kind of painful, though!

Joyce

Old April 25th 04, 01:49 AM
Hopitus2

BTW...have you seen that Microsoft ad with the "butterfly" dude sitting
gingerly on a sofa while "Mr. Shnookums", a huge Persian, sharpens his claws
on butterfly's vest, and his old lady slave sits by watching?

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
: On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:23:01 GMT, yodeled:
:
: Kreisleriana wrote:
:
: Every once
: in a while, she'd lean forward and start licking my mouth. She was
: very specific about wanting to lick my *mouth*.
:
: Had you eaten something nice-smelling?
:
: Oh, no - she does this all the time, says my friend. It's one of her
: fetishes, apparently.
:
: Reminds me a bit of my little tabby friend Annabel, who would
: remove my earrings with her teeth
:
: She sounds like a cockatiel-wannabe.
:
: Yes, she does, doesn't she. I have no idea why she did it. She did
: it very neatly, too.
:
: and my enormous friend Puss (about
: 20 pounds) who jumps in your lap, wraps his paws around your neck, and
: chews on your ears. Some cats are extra-vigorous in their affection.
:
: Aww... I love it when a cat wraps its arms around your neck. OK, the
: ear-chewing thing might be a bit much, but I'd be tempted to put up
: with it if he didn't chew too hard. 20 lbs of cat *jumping* onto you
: might be kind of painful, though!
:
: Joyce
:
: The first time was terrifying.
:

Old April 25th 04, 02:01 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:49:41 GMT, "Hopitus2"
yodeled:

BTW...have you seen that Microsoft ad with the "butterfly" dude sitting
gingerly on a sofa while "Mr. Shnookums", a huge Persian, sharpens his claws
on butterfly's vest, and his old lady slave sits by watching?

Get him, Shnookums.

Theresa