Cat Using toilet and toilet paper

Old September 13th 09, 09:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Human Litterboxes (was Cat Using toilet and toilet paper)

Joy wrote:

I like the toilets in Australia. They use high pressure to flush, so not so
much water is needed. Also, most of them have two buttons - a half flush,
which is sufficient most of the time, and a full flush, for heavy duty
cases.

I have that system in my present flat and in my previous one.
Unfortunately, Caliban tends to step on the full-flush button, so he
wastes a lot of water. :P

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 13th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Joy wrote:

We're better about that than we used to be. Women used to say they had to
powder their nose when they needed to pee. My mother seemed to think the
word "toilet" was a naughty word. I don't see any need to say one has to
poop. That seems like TMI. Sure, we have to do it, and there's no reason
to hide the fact. OTOH, there's no reason to advertise it either.

Ideas about what is TMI shift and change over time and across cultures.
I tend more to the reserved end, myself, and just say 'go to the
bathroom' for all purposes, if I need to say anything at all. My father
used to say 'spend a penny', and when I was a child, I didn't understand
at all what he meant! I figure that mostly no one else really wants to
know about the details of my digestive processes, any more than they
want to to hear about the progress of all my little aches and pains when
they ask 'How are you?', so I tend to say the minimum when I need to
excuse myself from a group of people to use the bathroom.

And that's an odd phrase when you think of it, although it's by far the
most common one here. If I ask 'Excuse me, where's your bathroom?' I
don't expect to strip down and bathe when I locate the room! I don't
think 'toilet' is considered to be a naughty word, but it does tend to
be used only when referring directly to the piece of equipment - "We had
our toilet replaced last week with a water-saving model." "Our toilet
backed up when the cats knocked a roll of toilet paper into it and flushed."

--
Cheryl
Old September 13th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 13, 12:53*am, "Joy" wrote:
*Also, most of them have two buttons - a half flush,
which is sufficient most of the time, and a full flush, for heavy duty
cases.

They're now becoming standard in the UK- we have one

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 13th 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
MatSav wrote:

The USofA seem to use bowls with a higher water level in the pan
than those in the UK.

We have newer, "low-flow" toilets with much lower water levels.
They're
a lot more efficient in terms of conserving water. I used to have
one in
my apartment, but unfortunately, the plumbing is so bad here that
the
low-flow toilet just doesn't provide enough force to get
everything down.
So the landlord had to replace it with a water-wasting one.

In much of Europe, there's a 'shelf' on the
front inside edge of the bowl where business is deposited (for
inspection?) before flushing

Seriously, what is the purpose of that? I have never seen a shelf
in
a toilet, and I'm not sure I'd want to.

For people (or an entire country) where people are careful/obsessive
about keeping track of their health.

Gotta check it out before you flush it.

Jo

Old September 13th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
MatSav wrote:

Much of the [human] world sees defaecation as a normal bodily
function that is a great indicator of health (or otherwise), and
in less developed countries, defaecation in public is seen as
nothing unusual (particularly with children). In my opinion, we
have a somewhat strange and prudish attitude in the UK. Our
'bathrooms' are often placed at almost inaccessible parts of
public buildings, and eliminating is seen as something to be
hidden. It's something we all have to do, so why hide it?

I don't think it's so bad to hide it - I prefer my privacy,
myself -
but I don't understand why, among many people, it's almost
forbidden
to *talk* about it. Everyone I know is pretty vocal about
urination -
"Can we stop - I have to pee really bad!" etc. But everyone's so
discreet
about pooping. They'll say they need to "use the bathroom". I have
one
friend who always says "I have to sit in the bathroom". Oh,
really?
Are you meditating? Getting ideas for redecorating? What? What is
that
about?

Joyce

I don't know. We had friends that taught their children to say "I
need to defecate" and while it was accurate, it was kind of
disturbing. Kind of TMI.

Jo

Old September 13th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:

wrote in message
MatSav wrote:

[...]

Ever hear these?:
I have to see a man about a horse?
A friend is calling.
Nature is telling me something.
Where is the rest room?

IMHO all of these sound better than pee or poop.
MLB
Old September 13th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 12:40:04 -0600, MLB wrote:

Jofirey wrote:

wrote in message
MatSav wrote:

[...]

At church this morning, I stopped in to use the men's room. A crowd of
little boys had entered just ahead of me, and one three-year-old, who was
having to wait in line, kept saying loudly, "I want to tinkle!".

--
John F. Eldredge --
Old September 13th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:
wrote in message
MatSav wrote:

[...]

I have a story about when my son was three going on four:
My "maiden Aunt" who was very beautiful and aspired to elegant manners
was Visiting at our house. My young son came running through the back
door saying "I hasta pee -- I hasta pee". Auntie stopped him by putting
her hand on his shoulder and said to him "Do not say pee, say urinate --
say urinate"

". My son looked her in the eyes with indignation and replied "I AM NOT
AN APE!" MLB
Old September 13th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message

MatSav wrote:

[...]

For a while when we were desperately trying to get Cary out of nappies
(diapers), we had to rush into the toilet, inspect his efforts and praise
him profusely for it. I mean, what do you say about the stuff? We had to go
into some detail about the particular individual nature of each session, and
thus made a straw for our own backs. After finally getting him to poop
confidently in the toilet, we then had to train Cary *not* to give us a
running commentary about his bowel activities even though we'd made a big
fuss just months earlier

We're still arguing over who has to do the wiping.

Kinda reminds me of the time when some girlfriends of mine got togetherover
lunch. All bar one of us have kids, and they're all roughly of the same age
too. We're in the middle of eating and chatting about our lives, and the
topic, as it usually does, turns to our precious children, and one of my
friends was complaining about her own son just not 'getting' toilet
training. The rest of us chip in, and we all find ourselves having a lively
discussion about poo as we're happily chowing down. Except of course the one
who hasn't had kids yet (nor a litterbox), and she was looking rather.....
green. For the rest of us, dealing with other people's poo is such a normal
every day affair it had simply become a fact of life, and we had forgotten
that other people have certain sensitivities to the subject, *especially*
whilst eating.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old September 14th 09, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
wrote in message

MatSav wrote:

[...]

That was one of the first shared Mom things for my younger daughter
and I after her daughter was born. I watch Emily one day a week,
and a normal part of the discussion when I take over and then when
Tara gets back home is a run down of Emily's recent bowel behavior.
I mean you need to know what to expect and what to feed her or not
feed her. It won't be that much longer until she will be horrified
if we were to mention such a thing.

But women pretend to be the weaker sex.

Jo

Poll OT Toilet paper tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 30 November 9th 08 10:53 AM
Toilet Paper Eater Jan Harris Cats - misc 4 April 9th 05 06:06 PM
a strip of toilet paper and yepp Cat anecdotes 13 March 17th 05 04:25 PM
Toilet Paper John Biltz Cat anecdotes 11 August 17th 03 08:41 PM
toilet paper 2 Byron & Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 5 August 17th 03 04:09 AM