The night before night before Christmas fun

Old December 24th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default The night before night before Christmas fun

Last night DH casually mentioned that he wanted a mini remote control
helicopter for Christmas. I calmly explained that he had not told
Santa he wanted a remote control helicopter for Christmas and
therefore he should not expect to find one in his stocking in a few
days as Santa has done all the shopping she intends to do. So today we
got up early and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and arrived at
the mall at about the same time it opened. DH went to Brookstone and
found the helicopter he wanted. He took it home and read the
instructions. This things is just a little smaller than a chickadee.
DH learned how to make it turn while it was sitting on a table and the
cats showed some interest. When it took flight you'd have thought we
released a live bird in the house. All four cats formed a semi-circle
around DH and watched. When the helicopter crashed the ran over to
check it out. DH picked it up and made a couple of adjustments and
sent it flying again. Over and Over and Over for at least an hour.
The cats never lost interest. Lacey got a little scared when it
accidentally dive bombed her. DH couldn't get it to change course and
it flew right by her face. This is the best $30 we've spent in quite
awhile. Entertaining for everyone.

Julie
Old December 24th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

LOL! Sounds like a great present for the cats.

--
Marina
Old December 24th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

That would make a great video. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 24th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-12-23 23:43:47 -0600, GaDragonfly said:

[...]

Oh why oh why do you not have videos!!!!!

Old December 24th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kimberlysmith

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

That's excellent news, Julie. Since DH-to-be did ask Santa for such a
toy and Santa has complied with a pair of them. Sounds like the Chigger
Ranch Crew and their slaves will be having some fun tomorrow!!
Old December 24th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kimberlysmith wrote:

GaDragonfly wrote:

Last night DH casually mentioned that he wanted a mini remote control
helicopter for Christmas.

That's excellent news, Julie. Since DH-to-be did ask Santa for such a
toy and Santa has complied with a pair of them.

I'm getting a kick out of the fact that adult guys want these toys.
I've seen the commercial for that helicopter - it shows a *kid* playing
with it! I guess it's for kids of all ages. Oh, and kitties, too.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old December 24th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
Last night DH casually mentioned that he wanted a mini remote control
helicopter for Christmas. I calmly explained that he had not told
Santa he wanted a remote control helicopter for Christmas and
therefore he should not expect to find one in his stocking in a few
days as Santa has done all the shopping she intends to do.

Thank you!

Charlie is going through his "I really need to get a few more things for
everybody, you tell me what" attack. I do not intend to leave this house
again for anything short of natural disasters until sometime late Wednesday.

So I've sent him off to look for miniature helicopters. It will get him out
of my hair for the day. I really don't need him around dreaming up things I
could be doing.

His new antidepressants are starting to kick in, for which I really am
thankful and grateful. I, however am not on nice new antidepressants and
don't have any more energy than I did last week.

Jake is taking a nap. There is a homemade apple pie in the oven. I think I
deserve a nap too.

Jo

Old December 25th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

[...]

My husband has a couple of those helicopters. They are fun, but it is hard
to fly them.... DH keeps crashing into things and cats - and ceiling fans.
They are way too light to be flown outside - the slightest breeze and it's
gone (or crashed).

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old January 8th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Last night DH casually mentioned that he wanted a mini remote control
helicopter for Christmas. [...] This things is just a little smaller
than a chickadee.
DH learned how to make it turn while it was sitting on a table and the
cats showed some interest. When it took flight you'd have thought we
released a live bird in the house. All four cats formed a semi-circle
around DH and watched. When the helicopter crashed the ran over to
check it out. DH picked it up and made a couple of adjustments and
sent it flying again. Over and Over and Over for at least an hour.
The cats never lost interest. Lacey got a little scared when it
accidentally dive bombed her. DH couldn't get it to change course and
it flew right by her face. This is the best $30 we've spent in quite
awhile. Entertaining for everyone.

Marion's younger son brought us back a remote-controlled "Mushiking
Hercules Beetle" from Hong Kong. You can direct it to crawl round
the floor and open and close its mandibles. Our lot seem to think
they ought to do something about it but can't quite figure out what.
Ollie acts like it's too yucky to touch and Splodge let it grab his
tail and hang on without making any attempt to shake it off. (Then
again, Splodge is the only cat I've heard of who'll let slugs climb
aboard him for a ride).

[OT] Last Night Yowie Cat anecdotes 12 April 27th 07 02:18 PM
Little Boy was out all night Will in New Haven Cat anecdotes 0 August 31st 06 06:58 PM
The Night Before Christmas in the Mills of Missouri [OT] Pat Cat anecdotes 4 December 22nd 05 04:39 AM
Sunday night was biff night Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 8 July 8th 05 04:37 AM
Twas the night before Christmas mlbriggs Cat anecdotes 0 December 25th 04 06:50 AM