Tiger was "declawed"

Old June 23rd 04, 05:13 PM
---MIKE---

Default Tiger was "declawed"

Well not actually declawed but while at the vet yesterday, they trimmed
his claws very close. He is having trouble grabbing onto window sills
etc. How long will it take them to grow back? I never trim his claws
so he is not used to the dull tips.

---MIKE---

Old June 23rd 04, 05:47 PM
Karen

Not very long. My vet trims claws close when the cats go in, but I bet three
days later they have grabbing ability back. Especially if they have sisal
scratch posts, they sharpen up quick. It's kind of sad to watch them falling
off sills and cat trees while they grow back though. Still, I think it's
healthy. My cats have a terrible time with loosened claw sheaths bugging
them and I think a good trimming helps.

Karen

Old June 24th 04, 12:38 AM
---MIKE---

Actually, he is doing better today. He used the big scratching post a
few times and was able to get up on some of the window sills where I
have nailed down pieces of carpet.

---MIKE---

Old June 24th 04, 12:38 AM
---MIKE---

Actually, he is doing better today. He used the big scratching post a
few times and was able to get up on some of the window sills where I
have nailed down pieces of carpet.

---MIKE---

Bayou Bengal? Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 10 September 2nd 04 04:39 AM
RB Tiger Karen Cat anecdotes 46 May 8th 04 05:54 AM
Party time! Tabitha \Fluffybutt\ Kitten Cat community 186 January 4th 04 12:48 PM