A common interest

Old May 26th 05, 04:59 PM
Marina

Default A common interest

Frank and Mere haven't been getting along very well, but today they
discovered a common interest: they both love tinned maize.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53762289aZSZRS

Apparently hostilities can be postponed when there is something yummy to
eat. You can even share the same plate.

--
Marina, Frank and Mere. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old May 26th 05, 05:00 PM
Irulan

aw, how sweet. Franki will be a papa to Mere too, just wait and see.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 26th 05, 05:00 PM
Karen

You have the KEY!!!!!! Man, if they will eat that close together at any
point, they are doing pretty good. I bet if you gave them a little of that
everyday it would go a long ways. Mere is SO tiny!

Old May 26th 05, 05:40 PM
Marina

Karen wrote:

You have the KEY!!!!!! Man, if they will eat that close together at any
point, they are doing pretty good. I bet if you gave them a little of that
everyday it would go a long ways. Mere is SO tiny!

I think I'll try that. Usually, Frank just goes away when Mere tries to
approach him, but now he was so interested in the maize, he even shoved
her out of the way to get at them.

I called the cats-only vet the other day and asked them at what age they
spay cats, and they said they'd do it when she was six months or 2.5
kilograms, whichever comes first. All the other vets I've asked won't do
it until the cat is eight months old, but I'd like to have it done
before we go out to the island. I don't think I have anything to worry
about, since Kira didn't go into heat until she was eleven months old,
but just to be on the safe side.

So now I feel I have to fatten Mere up for the operation. Maize should
be quite a good filler. There was an article on the webpage of this
cats-only vet saying carbohydrates fatten cats up, and maize contains
some carbs (not lots, though).

--
Marina, Frank and Mere. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old May 26th 05, 05:45 PM
Karen

"Marina" wrote in message
Karen wrote:

[...]

I think it also has some decent protiens in it. There are worse things to
have since she is such a picky eater.

Old May 26th 05, 06:06 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:59:23 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Frank and Mere haven't been getting along very well, but today they
discovered a common interest: they both love tinned maize.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53762289aZSZRS

Apparently hostilities can be postponed when there is something yummy to
eat. You can even share the same plate.

That is so sweet. Make sure those fuzzballs take good care of you.

Theresa
Old May 26th 05, 06:06 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 26 May 2005 11:00:35 -0500, "Karen"
yodeled:

You have the KEY!!!!!! Man, if they will eat that close together at any
point, they are doing pretty good. I bet if you gave them a little of that
everyday it would go a long ways. Mere is SO tiny!

But what a loooooooong neck she has!

Theresa
Old May 27th 05, 02:05 AM
Yowie

"Marina" wrote in message
Frank and Mere haven't been getting along very well, but today they
discovered a common interest: they both love tinned maize.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...53762289aZSZRS

Apparently hostilities can be postponed when there is something yummy to
eat. You can even share the same plate.

Now thats just *weird*. Not one but *two* cats eating corn!.

Still, its a good sign that they may become friends at some point. I don't
hold any hope for IBKFergus and Shmogg, they ignore each other except for he
odd bap durignthe day, but when we go to bed, we have to shut the bedroom
door now, so the caterwailing, growling and the crashing of things htey've
smashed whilst fighting aren't quite so loud. Its always just after we've
gone to bed, and lasts for about an hour. After that, perhaps they call a
truce for the rest of the night, and htey are always working in cahoots to
wake me up for breakfast so they can't hate each other *that* much, but it
happens *every* night.

Yowie

Old May 27th 05, 05:37 AM
Mischief

The recommended age to spay cats is 4-6 months of age, before their
first heat.

Personally I think 8 months is too long to wait, because then they
definitely will have had their first estrus and already have had the
hormones flowing.

Weight shouldn't matter too much if the doctor knows what they are
doing in terms of anesthesia. The animal just needs to be up to date
on vaccines and be healthy enough to withstand an anesthetic procedure.
When they are that small, it just means you have to monitor the
anesthesia more carefully.

But whatever you decide, the bottom line is that she gets spayed

And good to hear that she and Frank are getting along a little better.

Does she try to chase/wrestle with Frank?

Kristi

Old May 27th 05, 04:01 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
In the US, yes, but here in Finland, vets tend to recommend it later. As
I said, Mere's mother didn't go into heat until she was eleven months

I've heard that some purebreds mature sexually later than moggies. That
might be the case.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he