IKE - RB August 1999

Old August 27th 05, 08:36 PM
---MIKE---

Default IKE - RB August 1999

It's now been six years since Ike walked out the door and never
returned.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...&p=3D71780259=
&Sequence=3D1&res=3Dhigh

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 27th 05, 10:51 PM
Candace

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...0&p=3D7178025=

9&Sequence=3D1&res=3Dhigh

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I remember when it happened. How sad. We never forget our special
kitties.

Candace

Old August 27th 05, 10:51 PM
mlbriggs

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=1&re s=high

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Let us pray that he found another home. My Siamese (RB 16) came to me
as a stray about two to four years old, and stayed with me for 14 years.
I tried for months to find her owners and watched the "lost and found"
daily for a year but no one came forward. I was the lucky one.

My present cat was found lost and starving as a kitten. She is now eight
years old.
Old August 27th 05, 11:27 PM
---MIKE---

It's unlikely that Ike found another home (except in the belly of a
predator). I live in a very remote area and know most of my neighbors.
I walk a lot and would have seen him. He was 14 when he left and
suffered from asthma. When his coughing spells got bad the vet would
give him a prednisone shot - which is not good for the heart. My two
cats (Amber and Tiger) are strictly inside cats.

Old August 28th 05, 09:32 AM
Phil P.

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
It's now been six years since Ike walked out the door and never
returned.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=1&re s=high

I remember the day when you posted he was missing- seems like it was only a
few weeks ago. Its hard to believe its been 6 years.

Since you don't know, with certainty, what happened to him there's still a
possibility that someone took him in. Someone passing through the area and
thought he was a stray could have picked him up and gave him a home.

I've heard stories about cats traveling 1000 miles and showing up at their
former homes years later. So,
never underestimate a cat.

Keep the faith, Mike.

Phil

Old August 28th 05, 10:15 AM
-L.

Phil P. wrote:

I've heard stories about cats traveling 1000 miles and showing up at their
former homes years later. So,
never underestimate a cat.

Keep the faith, Mike.

Phil

I had a cat disappear when I was about 12 or 13, and discovered him -
alive - when I was in my eartly 20's. A neighbor had kidnapped him and
taken him to college with her. She then roomed with someone I knew
from highschool who subsequently ended up with him. I went over to her
house one day and saw *my* cat - 10 years later. He recognized me. I
had a picture of him as a kitten, so we compared it - and it *was* him
(I knew it was already). Just too weird.

-L.

Old August 28th 05, 01:11 PM
---MIKE---

Thanks Phil. Ike would be 20 now and he was not a healthy cat so I
assume he would not be alive now even if he had not disappeared. Tiger
and Amber stay in!

Old August 28th 05, 05:37 PM
Phil P.

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Thanks Phil. Ike would be 20 now and he was not a healthy cat so I

assume he would not be alive now even if he had not disappeared. Tiger
and Amber stay in!

You're keeping his spirit alive by keeping your love for him alive.

Phil

Old August 28th 05, 05:41 PM
Phil P.

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Phil P. wrote:

I've heard stories about cats traveling 1000 miles and showing up at

their
former homes years later. So,
never underestimate a cat.

Keep the faith, Mike.

Phil

I had a cat disappear when I was about 12 or 13, and discovered him -
alive - when I was in my eartly 20's. A neighbor had kidnapped him and
taken him to college with her. She then roomed with someone I knew
from highschool who subsequently ended up with him. I went over to her
house one day and saw *my* cat - 10 years later. He recognized me. I
had a picture of him as a kitten, so we compared it - and it *was* him
(I knew it was already). Just too weird.

-L.

Theft of a companion animal in my state is a third degree felony and carries
3-5 years or a $15,000 fine or both. If someone kidnapped my cat I think
they would hope for a long prison term because it would take much longer
than 3-5 years before that person was able to eat solid food and walk again
if I ever go my hands on them.

What did you do to the person who kidnapped him?

Old October 29th 05, 06:50 AM
John Doe

A troll acting out his tough guy wanna-be fantasies on the Internet.

From: "Phil P." phil maxshouse.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: IKE - RB August 1999
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:41:02 -0400

"-L." gentleboa peacemail.com wrote in message
news:1125220549.687951.62870 o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...