My goofy boycat, Robin

Old March 31st 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Default My goofy boycat, Robin

"Adrian" wrote in message
Have you ever tried Boyfie with a laser pointer, I've yet to meet a cat
that doesn't react.

No, I haven't. Where do you get them?
Although whether he wants or needs one is debatable.
I think I get influenced by those on here whose cats are not able to go
out - and then I think he needs all those toys and things too and I am a bad
meowmie if I if I don't get him those.
I've come to the conclusion that as he thinks they seem WTF is this? I will
leave them out. He seems happy without using the toys I've provided and
surprised if I try to get him to play with them. He doesn't understand what
I am trying to get him to do - and he doesn't like it because he doesn't
understand playing inside the home, what it is, or why I seem to want him to
do it.
Tweed

Old March 31st 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
Have you ever tried Boyfie with a laser pointer, I've yet to meet a cat
that doesn't react.

No, I haven't. Where do you get them?
Although whether he wants or needs one is debatable.
I think I get influenced by those on here whose cats are not able to go
out - and then I think he needs all those toys and things too and I am a bad
meowmie if I if I don't get him those.
I've come to the conclusion that as he thinks they seem WTF is this? I will
leave them out. He seems happy without using the toys I've provided and
surprised if I try to get him to play with them. He doesn't understand what
I am trying to get him to do - and he doesn't like it because he doesn't
understand playing inside the home, what it is, or why I seem to want him to
do it.
Tweed

Recently I've seen them in pet shops, I got the on I have from a
stationary supplier.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old March 31st 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I think I get influenced by those on here whose cats are not able to go
out - and then I think he needs all those toys and things too and I am a bad
meowmie if I if I don't get him those.
I've come to the conclusion that as he thinks they seem WTF is this? I will
leave them out. He seems happy without using the toys I've provided and
surprised if I try to get him to play with them. He doesn't understand what
I am trying to get him to do - and he doesn't like it because he doesn't
understand playing inside the home, what it is, or why I seem to want him to
do it.

One game I have yet to see any cat resist is the "poke a stick in and
out from under a rug" game. You slide a slim rod (one that doesn't have
a lot of friction, so a branch wouldn't work so well - I use the rods
from defunct window blinds) underneath a throw rug, or maybe a folded-up
blanket, or even a slim cushion, and let the tip of it poke out an inch
or two from under the opposite edge. Then pull it back toward you *slowly*,
so that the tip disappears under the edge. I've played this while
catsitting for cats I've never met before, and it draws them right in.

One maneuver that really gets Roxy and Licky's attention is to poke the
rod out about 4 inches, then pull it back under slowly. But before the
tip of the rod completely disappears, *stop* moving it, so that maybe an
inch or less is still showing. I don't know why that STOP gets the cats so
excited, but that's often when they pounce. Maybe they see the rod as a
rat's tail, and since the rat has stopped moving, this is their big chance?

Joyce

--
The Internet is on computers now! -- Homer Simpson

Goofy Cat jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 September 17th 09 08:11 PM
Goofy Shamrock Cheryl Cat anecdotes 15 August 16th 09 06:10 PM
Vid: Caliban being goofy Marina Cat anecdotes 2 January 7th 09 04:44 AM
another goofy video Outsider Cat anecdotes 12 November 27th 07 04:07 AM
goofy critters David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 36 April 9th 04 07:06 PM