Let Mutts and Moms know what you think about taking the Ellen Degeneres dog....

Old October 17th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gypsy Jo

Default Let Mutts and Moms know what you think about taking the Ellen Degeneres dog....

Whether you are yay or nay on the subject, let them know:

Mutts and Moms Paw Boutique 523 S Raymond Avenue Pasadena, CA 91105
626.394.0946 Email: www.muttsandmoms.org

Old October 17th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Gypsy Jo wrote:
Whether you are yay or nay on the subject, let them know:

Mutts and Moms Paw Boutique 523 S Raymond Avenue Pasadena, CA

What the hell is this person talking about and why should I care?

Jill

Old October 17th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Gypsy Jo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Whether you are yay or nay on the subject, let them know:

Mutts and Moms Paw Boutique 523 S Raymond Avenue Pasadena, CA 91105
626.394.0946 Email: www.muttsandmoms.org

http://www.theindychannel.com/entert...07/detail.html

Current flap w/ Ellen DeGeneres. She adopted a dog from them. Says she
spent $3,000 on spay/neuter & training to integrate the dog w/ her cats.
Dog was too hyper, so she gave the dog to her hairdresser. Hairdresser's
kids totally bonded w/ dog - dog was happy.

Then rescue agency found out. What Ellen did was against their policy.
Ellen admits she did not read all through the paperwork that she signed when
she adopted the dog. Rescue people took the dog away from the hairdresser &
her family.

Ellen is admitting what she did was wrong - but since the dog was happy, and
so was the hairdresser & her family, rescue agency could be lenient and let
the dog stay with them...

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity:

Old October 17th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 17, 7:25 am, "Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:
"Gypsy Jo" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

It was pretty sad. You already know this I'm sure, MMJ, but IMO when
you're dealing with animals,
and the myriad of special cirumstances involved in their welfare, you
just can't be ironclad with your
"rules." You make exceptions for the greater good of the animal.
That's what the rescue lady should have
done. All the heartbreak for the little girls, and the bad publicity
for her shelter could have been avoided
if she'd just went with the flow and said, "OK, let's do an
application for this new owner, check her references,
and just change ownership of the dog."
It's not like she found the dog chained up in the backyard or
anything.

Sherry

Old October 17th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
"Gypsy Jo" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Okay, now it makes sense. I didn't understand the OP since I don't follow
"celebrity" news. Where's the harm if she gave the dog to a loving family?
A good home, loving environment, kids who loved and bonded with the pup.
And they just took it away because of some stupid contract language? And
now the dog is sitting in a kennel, rather than in a loving home? That's
deplorable!

It's not like Ellen is some schmoe off the street. And I'm pretty sure her
hairdresser isn't one of those folks who works for minimum wage + tips at
Super Cuts Ellen apparently had a legitimate reason for re-homing the
dog. So what's the big deal? Guess I'll email them with my 2 cents worth.

Jill

Old October 17th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 17, 9:00 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
"Gypsy Jo" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Jill- Hide quoted text -

My thoughts too. IIRC, Ellen is pretty well known for her love of
animals
and support of animal issues, too. IMO she was treated like some
schmuck
who gave the dog away with no thought of its welfare. I just don't
believe
that is true.
The rescue lady is right that Ellen went against the contract she
signed. But
for crying out loud. She's just being a control freak whose main
concern
is not the welfare of the dog, it's "her rules.". .... She is probably
just suceeded
in getting horrible publicity for her shelter, and that's going to
hurt her
animals most of all.

Sherry

Old October 17th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

http://www.theindychannel.com/entert...07/detail.html

Current flap w/ Ellen DeGeneres. She adopted a dog from them. Says she
spent $3,000 on spay/neuter & training to integrate the dog w/ her cats.
Dog was too hyper, so she gave the dog to her hairdresser. Hairdresser's
kids totally bonded w/ dog - dog was happy.

Then rescue agency found out. What Ellen did was against their policy.
Ellen admits she did not read all through the paperwork that she signed when
she adopted the dog. Rescue people took the dog away from the hairdresser &
her family.

Ellen is admitting what she did was wrong - but since the dog was happy, and
so was the hairdresser & her family, rescue agency could be lenient and let
the dog stay with them...

I totally missed this story, so had to do a bit of catching up. That's
insane! I don't understand what is wrong with finding a better
situation for an animal, when the one you originally offered turned
out not to be so good - for the animal, for the pets you already have,
or for you.

I do have to say I'm baffled as to how spay/neuter and training can
cost $3000, though. Guess they do things differently in Hollywood!

Joyce
Old October 17th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Current flap w/ Ellen DeGeneres. She adopted a dog from them. Says she
spent $3,000 on spay/neuter & training to integrate the dog w/ her cats.
Dog was too hyper, so she gave the dog to her hairdresser.
Hairdresser's kids totally bonded w/ dog - dog was happy.

Then rescue agency found out. What Ellen did was against their policy.
Ellen admits she did not read all through the paperwork that she signed
when she adopted the dog. Rescue people took the dog away from the
hairdresser & her family.

Ellen is admitting what she did was wrong - but since the dog was happy,
and so was the hairdresser & her family, rescue agency could be lenient
and let the dog stay with them...

And five will get you ten, if DeGeneres were not a
celebrity, the rescue people would never have done a thing!
(Some people go on the assumption that ANY publicity is
better than none.) IMO, she behaved in a responsible way,
so what's their point? They wanted the fees for "placing"
the dog a second time, never mind that she'd already found
it a good home?
Old October 17th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sherry wrote:

My thoughts too. IIRC, Ellen is pretty well known for her love of
animals
and support of animal issues, too. IMO she was treated like some
schmuck
who gave the dog away with no thought of its welfare. I just don't
believe
that is true.
The rescue lady is right that Ellen went against the contract she
signed. But
for crying out loud. She's just being a control freak whose main
concern
is not the welfare of the dog, it's "her rules.". .... She is probably
just suceeded
in getting horrible publicity for her shelter, and that's going to
hurt her
animals most of all.

But she gets her OWN name in the news! (Some people have
more ego than sense.)
Old October 17th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Sherry wrote:

[...]

We are talking about a Beverly Hills establishment, aren't we? I tried
going to the web site from the original post and it told me it is
"unavailable". I suspect the people at Mutts and Moms are dealing with
quite a backlash of negative publicity.

It's one thing to take on a person who has no contacts and who probably go
quietly into "that good night" and just let people walk all over them in the
name of the contract. It's quite another to take on a well known public
figure who is an animal lover, comedianne and talk show host who can give
you a literal scolding on the air!

It wasn't hearsay or gossip in Ellen Degeneres' case, it was her personal
experience. She whipped them but good on the air. And well she should.
She didn't do a thing wrong. Contract be damned; the pup didn't fit in with
her cats. So she found the pup a good, loving home. So what??? Why is it
the shelters' business?

Jill

Speaking of moms ... Cheryl Cat anecdotes 28 August 24th 06 12:17 PM
Any hypertension moms here? Yowie Cat anecdotes 11 November 9th 05 10:49 PM
URI in kittens and Moms Wendy Cat health & behaviour 4 October 18th 05 04:10 PM
Ellen Degeneres Stacey Cat anecdotes 2 April 13th 04 01:33 AM
Mutts-Mobile Adoption Unit Marina Cat anecdotes 4 October 12th 03 07:16 AM