Flying cat!

Old October 23rd 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Flying cat!

Cinders was curled up next to me tonight as I used the computer.
Unfortunately, my allergies are currently acting up, and I sneezed
loudly. Cinders took off as if shot from a catapult; I think she made it
about 10 feet in her first leap before she touched the ground. I will
have to apologize to her later for startling her. Sometimes she just
flinches when I sneeze, but most of the time she will dash out of the
room.

How do your cats react to humans sneezing?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old October 23rd 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Oct 22, 9:05*pm, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
Cinders was curled up next to me tonight as I used the computer. *
Unfortunately, my allergies are currently acting up, and I sneezed
loudly. *Cinders took off as if shot from a catapult; I think she made it
about 10 feet in her first leap before she touched the ground. *I will
have to apologize to her later for startling her. *Sometimes she just
flinches when I sneeze, but most of the time she will dash out of the
room.

How do your cats react to humans sneezing?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available fromhttp://pgp.mit.edu

Depends on how loudly I sneeze and whether or not it's a sudden sound
after a long period of quiet. (I have a loud sneeze.) Francesca will
sometimes huddle down and point her ears out to the sides of her head
if she's really startled. Often though when my allergies kick in and
I do a lot of sneezing one after another they give me well bred looks
of incredible disdain, as if they've never seen any creature as loud
and crude as me.

Melissa
Old October 23rd 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
Cinders was curled up next to me tonight as I used the computer.
Unfortunately, my allergies are currently acting up, and I sneezed
loudly. Cinders took off as if shot from a catapult; I think she made it
about 10 feet in her first leap before she touched the ground. I will
have to apologize to her later for startling her. Sometimes she just
flinches when I sneeze, but most of the time she will dash out of the
room.

How do your cats react to humans sneezing?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Skeeter (RB) is the only one I've had who had a violent reaction to my
sneezing. She used to run out of the room, especially if she were on my lap
at the time of the sneeze. A really bad sneezing spell would probably send
her out the cat door. She reacted the same way to coughing or choking.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old October 23rd 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Joy wrote:
Skeeter (RB) is the only one I've had who had a violent reaction to my
sneezing. She used to run out of the room, especially if she were on my lap
at the time of the sneeze. A really bad sneezing spell would probably send
her out the cat door. She reacted the same way to coughing or choking.

Oh, this reminds me of Nikki. When I coughed, she would answer with a
cough-like sound. A little like the ack-ack-ack they use for birds, but
it was a special cough just to answer mine.

My cats don't care if I sneeze. Sometimes they'll just send me a dirty
look for making such a racket.

Old October 23rd 08, 09:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kiki is frightened by sneezes. Naughty is not frightened by anything
(except toddlers) and when I sneeze she bites whatever is the closest
part of me.

Old October 23rd 08, 09:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

John F. Eldredge wrote:

Cinders was curled up next to me tonight as I used the computer.
Unfortunately, my allergies are currently acting up, and I sneezed
loudly. Cinders took off as if shot from a catapult; I think she made it
about 10 feet in her first leap before she touched the ground. I will
have to apologize to her later for startling her. Sometimes she just
flinches when I sneeze, but most of the time she will dash out of the
room.

How do your cats react to humans sneezing?

Depends on the cat. Licky will of course dash out of the room and
completely disappear. Smudge might get up and leave, but not in a panic.
Often though, a sneeze will merit little more than an ear swivel. Roxy
gives me those well-bred looks of utter disdain that Melissa was talking
about.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 23rd 08, 10:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"John F. Eldredge" wrote:

snip

How do your cats react to humans sneezing?

Depends on two things: how juicy the sneeze is and whether it lands on
fur.

Odd how outraged Leila can be when one of my sneezes catches her -
compared with how blase she is when one of her sneezes catches me!

Baird

--
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and in a divided country
that's enough to win elections. -Bill Steele
Old October 23rd 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

How do your cats react to humans sneezing?

--

My partner is allergic to Smudgie so he sneezes quite a lot. When he
sneezes (loudly and 3 or 4 in a row) she doesn't react at all - I think she

Sharon

Old October 23rd 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

John F. Eldredge wrote:
Cinders was curled up next to me tonight as I used the computer.
Unfortunately, my allergies are currently acting up, and I sneezed
loudly. Cinders took off as if shot from a catapult; I think she
made it about 10 feet in her first leap before she touched the
ground. I will have to apologize to her later for startling her.
Sometimes she just flinches when I sneeze, but most of the time she
will dash out of the room.

How do your cats react to humans sneezing?

It only bothers her if she's snuggled right next to me, sound asleep

Jill
Old October 23rd 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Oct 22, 9:05*pm, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:

How do your cats react to humans sneezing?

My Cinder (who mostly lives in the room with my work-at-home desk, of
her own volition), makes this combination chitter-growl noise at me.

It's apparently distressing to her. And more so in that, like my
mother before me, I routinely have sneezing fits of 10-20 sneezes in a
row before I'm done.

Deborah
Slave to the Magnificents

The Flying Leap Joy Cat anecdotes 3 June 21st 06 03:26 AM
The Flying Leap [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 June 19th 06 08:48 PM
The Flying Leap sandra Cat anecdotes 0 June 19th 06 08:35 PM
Flying cats from UK Sandra Cat anecdotes 3 April 12th 06 05:42 PM
Flying cats HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 98 January 12th 04 02:08 PM