Curly is at TED

Old September 1st 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Curly is at TED

Aparently, Curly and Chloe had a knock down, drag out fight a few days
ago. Chloe has always been afraid of Curly (he chases her) and I supect
he cornered her and he got the worst of the ensuing fight. She has one
bite on her left arm that is healing cleanly, but she bit him twice: once
on the right arm and once in the right armpit, and at least one of those
is *not* healing cleanly.

I managed to catch him last night (Monday) and locked him in the front
bathroom. This morning I took him to the vet. He will have to be sedated
so they can drain the worse of the wounds. I get him back Wednesday.

I hope he learned something from this, particularly that female cats, even
small ones, can be extremely dangerous foes - just because they are small
doesn't mean that they are easy targets.

--
T.E.D. )

Old September 1st 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Ted Davis wrote:
Aparently, Curly and Chloe had a knock down, drag out fight a few days
ago. Chloe has always been afraid of Curly (he chases her) and I
supect he cornered her and he got the worst of the ensuing fight.
She has one bite on her left arm that is healing cleanly, but she bit
him twice: once on the right arm and once in the right armpit, and at
least one of those is *not* healing cleanly.

I managed to catch him last night (Monday) and locked him in the front
bathroom. This morning I took him to the vet. He will have to be
sedated so they can drain the worse of the wounds. I get him back
Wednesday.

I hope he learned something from this, particularly that female cats,
even small ones, can be extremely dangerous foes - just because they
are small doesn't mean that they are easy targets.

Purrs on the way for Curly. As the slave of small female cat I know how mean
they can be and it doesn't get better with age, Snoopy is nearly 20 and she
still has a go at the boys occasionally.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 1st 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 1, 9:51*am, Ted Davis wrote:
Aparently, Curly and Chloe had a knock down, drag out fight a few days
ago. *Chloe has always been afraid of Curly (he chases her) and I supect
he cornered her and he got the worst of the ensuing fight. *She has one
bite on her left arm that is healing cleanly, but she bit him twice: once
on the right arm and once in the right armpit, and at least one of those
is *not* healing cleanly.

I managed to catch him last night (Monday) and locked him in the front
bathroom. This morning I took him to the vet. *He will have to be sedated
so they can drain the worse of the wounds. *I get him back Wednesday.

I hope he learned something from this, particularly that female cats, even
small ones, can be extremely dangerous foes - just because they are small
doesn't mean that they are easy targets.

And they have to be tough because the boys _will_ take it to
conclusions under many circumstances. From long experiance with d*gs,
I know that a sane male d*g will not fight seriously with a female
(should I use the correct word?) unless he is very hard-pressed. My
Snowball used to use this knowledge to bully male dogs, even ones
bigger and tougher (which wasn't difficult) than herself. Sane d*gs do
not harm puppies either (except for very dominant females in some
cases when their subordinate dares to give birth)

Cats have _very_ faint echoes of these inhibitions and certainly not
enough that a female can trust her safety or that of her kittens in
the presence of a male. Obviously, there are exceptions.

--
Will in New Haven
Old September 1st 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ted Davis wrote:

I hope he learned something from this, particularly that female cats, even
small ones, can be extremely dangerous foes - just because they are small
doesn't mean that they are easy targets.

Nikki taught that lesson to several bigger male cats. Purrs for Curly to
recover soon and completely from his fight.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 1st 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Will in New Haven wrote:

And they have to be tough because the boys _will_ take it to
conclusions under many circumstances. From long experiance with d*gs,
I know that a sane male d*g will not fight seriously with a female
(should I use the correct word?)

Only if they're not spayed.

--
JANUARY 1, 1000: This was the historic day that humanity celebrated
the dawn of our current millennium. The occasion was marked by
Old September 1st 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 1, 3:02*pm, wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote:

* And they have to be tough because the boys _will_ take it to
* conclusions under many circumstances. From long experiance with d*gs,
* I know that a sane male d*g will not fight seriously with a female
* (should I use the correct word?)

Only if they're not spayed.

No being spayed does not change things in that respect. My Snowball
was a respectable spayed lady from a very young age and male dogs let
her get away with truly audacious stuff. And she knew exactly what she
was doing. A neighbor's boxer, male, would find himself watching her
play with his favorite toy and he would growl and act annoyed and then
give up. And it wasn't because she was formidable. On the other hand,
she was _totally_ differential to a very friendly mixed Rotty female
who lived nearby also. Snowball always gave her the right of way, even
though the big dog never demanded it.

--
Will in New Haven

Old September 1st 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Will in New Haven wrote:

On Sep 1, 3:02?pm, wrote:

Will in New Haven wrote:

? And they have to be tough because the boys _will_ take it to
? conclusions under many circumstances. From long experiance with d*gs,
? I know that a sane male d*g will not fight seriously with a female
? (should I use the correct word?)

Only if they're not spayed.

No being spayed does not change things in that respect. My Snowball
was a respectable spayed lady from a very young age and male dogs let
her get away with truly audacious stuff.

I meant your use of the correct word.

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old September 1st 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 08:51:21 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

Aparently, Curly and Chloe had a knock down, drag out fight a few days
ago. Chloe has always been afraid of Curly (he chases her) and I supect
he cornered her and he got the worst of the ensuing fight. She has one
bite on her left arm that is healing cleanly, but she bit him twice: once
on the right arm and once in the right armpit, and at least one of those
is *not* healing cleanly.

I managed to catch him last night (Monday) and locked him in the front
bathroom. This morning I took him to the vet. He will have to be sedated
so they can drain the worse of the wounds. I get him back Wednesday.

I hope he learned something from this, particularly that female cats, even
small ones, can be extremely dangerous foes - just because they are small
doesn't mean that they are easy targets.

Sending purrs for Curly to make a very quick and complete recovery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old September 2nd 09, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

[...]

I hope everything goes well and they he heals real fast.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Sugar and Spice and Ms. Blue Belle
Old September 3rd 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 20:47:47 GMT, Judith Latham
wrote:

A woman scorned and all that.

... the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

http://www.online-literature.com/kipling/916/

Bud