Female cat seems weird?

Old March 1st 12, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chaniarts[_2_]

Default Female cat seems weird?

On 2/29/2012 2:03 PM, Rene wrote:

OK so all of you seem to agree that she is not pregnant. I'll give her
some worm medicine today then. She seems fine and is very quick in her
movements around the house. I'll give her the worm medicine and some
Frontline flea stuff even though she isn't scratching more than
normal. LEt me go back and read the article about Cat tips and see
what it has to say.
Thank you for your assistance.

--

I did not say anything about whether she is (or is not) pregnant. I said
that a diagnosis cannot be made from a newsgroup. I would also not assume

Thanks you for taking care of her, but please go the one extra step and take
her to a veterinarian.

MaryL

ITA with Mary here--I also did not say she wasn't pregnant. We can't
determine that based on some text.

Also, don't treat her at all until she's seen a vet. Worm medicine is
rather hard on the body (it has to kill the worms but not the cat).
When you bring her in to the vet, like Mary suggested, take a fresh
stool sample in with her.

Rene

it could also be nothing.

we were fosters for a young-ish female cat. she came to us and looked
very swollen. her shape, when viewed from above and behind, was almost
triangular. she had a full set of xrays, tests, needle biopsy for and of
internal fluids, etc, and absolutely nothing was wrong. it wasn't fat
either, as she had the same correct feel of all her internal organs.
ribs, and hip region.

that was 3 years ago. she still has a lot of this shape, but it has gone
down just a little bit. she's just 'oddly' shaped.

you do need to get it checked out by a vet, without treating her for
anything without a diagnosis.
Old March 5th 12, 08:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_4_]

wrote in message
Hello cat lovers,

I brought my female cat into the house several weeks ago as she was
swollen a bunch. It looked like she was going to have kittens at any
time. Several weeks have passed and she has no kittens that I can
find. She still seems slightly swollen however. Now my two Tomcats are
chasing her all over the place, doing that neck biting thing.

Why aren't your tomcats neutered? Why haven't you had the female cat
spayed? Do you realize how hard it is to find homes for kittens? That
almost 5,000,000 cats and dogs are euthanized in shelters every year?

Apparently she is in heat again. I'm positive when she was in heat a
couple of months ago, the Toms tagged her.

How long have you had her? A couple of weeks or a couple of months?

So is it possible for them to have an internal abortion? Or go in heat
again while they are still with kitty cat?
What is the normal time frame from conception to birthing for female
cats?

About 9 weeks so get her in there and get her spayed!!!!!!!!!!!

Spam removed.

Old March 5th 12, 08:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_4_]

wrote in message
OK so all of you seem to agree that she is not pregnant. I'll give her
some worm medicine today then.

Don't worm her unless you know what kind of worms she's infested with. Only
the vet can tell you with certainty what parasites she has.

She seems fine and is very quick in her
movements around the house. I'll give her the worm medicine and some
Frontline flea stuff even though she isn't scratching more than
normal. LEt me go back and read the article about Cat tips and see
what it has to say.
Thank you for your assistance.

I get the feeling you don't plan to have her spayed.

Old March 5th 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

You all realize this guy is probably a troll ;-)

Old March 5th 12, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

You all realize this guy is probably a troll ;-)

That was my first suspicion, but I decided to treat the message as if it is
real because I would rather give a troll some laughs than take a chance that
a cat is in real need of some veterinary care.

MaryL

Old March 5th 12, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

You all realize this guy is probably a troll ;-)

That was my first suspicion, but I decided to treat the message as if it
is real because I would rather give a troll some laughs than take a chance
that a cat is in real need of some veterinary care.

MaryL

I always do myself till I saw the responses ;-)

Old March 7th 12, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

MaryL wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

You all realize this guy is probably a troll ;-)

That was my first suspicion, but I decided to treat the message as if
it is real because I would rather give a troll some laughs than take
a chance that a cat is in real need of some veterinary care.

MaryL

Yes. I don't know what, "Troll" means. There are only two kinds of posters.
Logical and illogical. - I always assume the poster is logical, and give
them a logical answer. If, at some later time, they prove themselves to be
illogical, then I no longer bother with them. I have frequently been called
a, "troll" by those who disagree with me.