Some Unusual Information About Cats

Old May 27th 08, 05:06 AM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.community
javawizard

Default Some Unusual Information About Cats

I've posted quite a bit of rather unusual information about cats at
www.odd-info.com in the Cats section. Enjoy! - Jeff
Old May 27th 08, 07:08 PM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.community
Ralph

I was a little dubious of some of these claims.

1. I did a google search, and found only one reference to the blindfolded
kitten item.
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...n&ct=clnk&cd=4

The kittens were blindfolded for months.

2. If you put perfume on my cat, you'd have one insulted cat. She won't
approach anyone wearing heavy scents.

To introduce cats or kittens, put them on opposite sides of a door, so they
can scent and hear each other, and avoid angry responses.
Same again without the door, but with the new arrival in a travel cage.
Then test without the cage, but constant supervision until trusted.
Days at each stage or longer may be needed. (but the results are worth it)

3. My cat loves foil of any kind, aluminum or other. She hasn't eaten
any, like other cats I've seen.

4. Cats use their whiskers for information. They are not necessarily the
width of the cat. They are 'sense hairs', which the cat has in various
places and concentrations on their body. The whiskers are just easily
visible. They also get chewed off by some mother cats. There is no
problem; they grow back.

5. If you want my cat to come running suicidally at you to play, (claws
out!) hold a balloon anywhere. I never understood this, because she's
otherwise quite timid. She's a balloon maniac. - even brings the stub and
string back after breaking it.

6. She also used to fetch, in the apartment where I first got her. She
stopped when I moved.

Oh, she's a classic tabby from the pound, that I got as a kitten 16 years
ago. I'm still learning from her.
She has her claws, scratches at her post, (that took some encouragement) and
still has a purr like a motorboat.