Is your cat left or right pawed?

Old July 24th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Is your cat left or right pawed?

New Scientist has a report
(http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ght-pawed.html)
about male cats being mostly left pawed and female cats being mostly right
pawed. (http://tinyurl.com/lgk2y9 in case line wrapping broke the long one)

--
T.E.D. )

Old July 28th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Ted Davis" skrev i meddelandet
news
New Scientist has a report
(http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ght-pawed.html)
about male cats being mostly left pawed and female cats being mostly right
pawed. (http://tinyurl.com/lgk2y9 in case line wrapping broke the long
one)

--
T.E.D. )

That is interesting.
Many years ago I asked that question here in RPCA, after I had found that my
Hugo Katt (now RB) was definitely left pawed. I am afraid that I was mostly
ridiculed (some one taking up the question of south pawed :-p ) and did not
get many serious answers.
So posing the question again: Have you noticed? Right or left? Another
reason to spend hours watching your cats.
Elisabet

Old July 29th 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:01:51 +0200, Lisa Katt wrote:

So posing the question again: Have you noticed? Right or left? Another
reason to spend hours watching your cats.

Who needs another reason to spend time watching cats? The ones we have
could account for 24 hours each day. I find it pleasant to watch some of
my cats watching birds: there is a hummingbird feeder just outside a
kitchen wndow that has a padded cat shelf on the inside, and, as noted in
another post, Chubby and some of the others have taken to trying to catch
larger birds at the seed feeders (I watched Chubby catch a blue jay a few
days ago).

--
T.E.D. )

Old July 29th 09, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Two of mine are ambidextrous, O T on the other paw, always leads with his
left front paw. When checking something out or trying to get attention, it
is always the left paw first.
news