How long have most of your cats....

Old May 10th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask

Default How long have most of your cats....

Gloria wrote:
lived? How many years?

My first moggy felix born the same day as me lived for 18 years and he
was tough, lived outside mostly and was my dog's best friend. Then many
many years of overseas travel. Then my first Burmese, Sam only lasted 6
years, followed by Monki 23 years and sadly 2 days ago Max 14 years. I
will in time get another Burmese possibly 2. I cannot bear a house
without a cat and somehow their presence invites a secure feeling and
occupancy. Hard to describe actually as I'm a hard line agnostic who
doesn't believe in ghosts or spirits or the supernatural but their
(cats) presence can be felt, well by me anyway!
Old May 10th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Netmask" wrote:
My first moggy felix born the same day as me lived for 18 years and he was
tough, lived outside mostly and was my dog's best friend. Then many many
years of overseas travel. Then my first Burmese, Sam only lasted 6 years,
followed by Monki 23 years and sadly 2 days ago Max 14 years. I will in
time get another Burmese possibly 2. I cannot bear a house without a cat
and somehow their presence invites a secure feeling and occupancy. Hard to
describe actually as I'm a hard line agnostic who doesn't believe in
ghosts or spirits or the supernatural but their (cats) presence can be
felt, well by me anyway!

Pssst ... try a Burmese rescue! There are all kinds of cats, all breeds, at
the shelters.

Old May 31st 09, 09:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask

cybercat wrote:
"Netmask" wrote:
My first moggy felix born the same day as me lived for 18 years and he was
tough, lived outside mostly and was my dog's best friend. Then many many
years of overseas travel. Then my first Burmese, Sam only lasted 6 years,
followed by Monki 23 years and sadly 2 days ago Max 14 years. I will in
time get another Burmese possibly 2. I cannot bear a house without a cat
and somehow their presence invites a secure feeling and occupancy. Hard to
describe actually as I'm a hard line agnostic who doesn't believe in
ghosts or spirits or the supernatural but their (cats) presence can be
felt, well by me anyway!

Pssst ... try a Burmese rescue! There are all kinds of cats, all breeds, at
the shelters.

You won't find a Burmese in the RSPCA (not in Australia). As most cats
in Australia are micro chipped (now compulsory by law along with
vacinations) for identification most pedigree cats either get run over
by traffic or are returned to their owners. When I was at the cattery
the owner received a call from the local police to say they had one of
her cats a cat that she had sold to someone who decided to just open the
front door and let it go after 3 years. Lucky blue burmese found.

So I would have a stray except for my allergies and asthma which
developed back in the late 60's. So unfortunately I can only live with a
Burmese.
Old May 31st 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Netmask" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Netmask" wrote:
[...]

I have asthma and am allergic to cats. They make medicine for that. Shame on
you.