Spiders

Old September 12th 13, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Spiders

This is the time of year when your house spiders that you never knew you had
come out. It's the breeding season.
I got huge one yesterday, but unable to get to her to gather her in a towel
and flip her outside. She was crafty enough to get into into a crack. I
watched her crawling across my wall very fast.
Boyfie didn't notice otherwise he'd have eaten her.
You know how people say put a glass over your spider, slip some cardboard
under and throw them out? Far too big for a glass.
and even if she was smaller (still big) I've tried that. The minute a
large spider rushes up the glass, I drop it. I just can't tolerate it.
I "can" do the big fluffy towel and flap it out of the window thing.
I've always been afraid of big spiders but I don't want to kill them, it's a
massive thing for me to get them in a towel and put them out.

Old September 12th 13, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
This is the time of year when your house spiders that you never knew you
had come out. It's the breeding season. I got huge one yesterday, but
unable to get to her to gather her in a towel and flip her outside. She
was crafty enough to get into into a crack. I watched her crawling
across my wall very fast. Boyfie didn't notice otherwise he'd have eaten
her. You know how people say put a glass over your spider, slip some
cardboard under and throw them out? Far too big for a glass. and even
if she was smaller (still big) I've tried that. The minute a large
spider rushes up the glass, I drop it. I just can't tolerate it. I
"can" do the big fluffy towel and flap it out of the window thing. I've
always been afraid of big spiders but I don't want to kill them, it's a
massive thing for me to get them in a towel and put them out.

I used to be afraid of spiders but have got it down to only getting that
reaction if the take me unexpected such as running fast towards me or as
one did, landing on my when I was in my black nighty and couldn't find the
B.... thing. If they do shock me like that then they're dead. I couldn't
pick one up in a towel, not being able to see it would freak me out but I
can happily get it into the big glass jar with a card on top because I can
see exactly where it is. When I then take it outside, I turn around
several times before shaking it onto the ground and I watch where it
landed just to make sure it's gone. the reason I turn around with it is
because I have noticed that if I don't they just head back to my house,
one actually raced me back up the drive. If I turn around they head away.
Honestly it's true.

Judith

I believe you, kind of..

I just cannot do those big ones and I think gathering them up in a towel and
throwing them outside is the best I can do.
I don't want to kill them, and it took me quite a long time to even to be
able to do that.
I am quite proud of myself for being able to.
They are the only thing I don't like.

Old September 13th 13, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:26:09 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
This is the time of year when your house spiders that you never knew you had

come out. It's the breeding season.

I got huge one yesterday, but unable to get to her to gather her in a towel

and flip her outside. She was crafty enough to get into into a crack. I

watched her crawling across my wall very fast.

Boyfie didn't notice otherwise he'd have eaten her.

You know how people say put a glass over your spider, slip some cardboard

under and throw them out? Far too big for a glass.

and even if she was smaller (still big) I've tried that. The minute a

large spider rushes up the glass, I drop it. I just can't tolerate it.

I "can" do the big fluffy towel and flap it out of the window thing.

I've always been afraid of big spiders but I don't want to kill them, it's a

massive thing for me to get them in a towel and put them out. I don't have any big spiders. The ones I do find I put into a jar and take them outside. About 15 years ago I found a big "wolf" spider that I killed. The same day Ike (my cat) disappeared. Since then I have not killed any spiders.

Old September 14th 13, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Mike Mayers wrote:

[...]

Don't mess with the goddess Arachne.

--
Joyce

The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr
Old September 14th 13, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

---------

I don't have any big spiders. The ones I do find I put into a jar and
take them outside. About 15 years ago I found a big "wolf" spider that I
killed. The same day Ike (my cat) disappeared. Since then I have not
killed any spiders.

______
I am sure that was just a coincidence, but really don't want to kill one.
I think I got her - there was a huge girl spider in my bath this morning so
she got the fluffy towel treatment. Gather towel carefully together with
spider inside and flap towel outside.
Then I came home from shopping tonight and there was another one on the wall
in the hall, not quite so big, but big enough to give me the heebie-jeebies
so that one got the ftt too.

Once upon a time I could not have done it even with a fluffy towel, but hey,
they do no harm - yes they can nip and cause a swelling if you pick them up
with bare hands but no way I am likely to do that.
I do realise you have different spiders in the US, some of which can be
dangerous but here we have nothing much to kill us in the venom department.
We have only one venomous snake and I've never seen one.
I just seem to have a built in horror of big spiders.
The only wildlife that is likely to kill me is a red deer stag in the
rutting season and I keep well away from them at that time of year, which is
approaching actually..

Tweed