How did you choose your furry masters?

Old October 16th 04, 06:35 AM
Kajikit

Default How did you choose your furry masters?

Or did they choose you? Stories please!

(no I'm not just a voyeur... in three weeks we'll be getting our own
kitties and I'm getting nervous - I've never ever had a cat of my own
in my entire life! What if they decide they don't like me?)

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Here kitty kitty kitty... visit http://www.catslaves.org!

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Old October 16th 04, 08:08 AM
Wilba

Kajikit wrote:

Or did they choose you? Stories please!

(no I'm not just a voyeur... in three weeks we'll be getting our own
kitties and I'm getting nervous - I've never ever had a cat of my own
in my entire life! What if they decide they don't like me?)

We had been going to the shelter for a couple of weeks to see what was what,
and on this day we decided we were ready - if the right cat was there we
would take it.

We got to a cage with a cute big kitten sitting up on the shelf. We said
hello and she meowed and jumped down to come and meet us. We squatted down
by the front of the cage to have a chat with her. I turned to Janice to say
that this looked like a nice cat. While my head was turned, Tashie stood up
on her back legs, reached through the wire, and touched my cheek with her
paw, like, "I choose... YOU!"

Old October 16th 04, 08:27 AM

Kajikit wrote:

(no I'm not just a voyeur... in three weeks we'll be getting our own
kitties and I'm getting nervous - I've never ever had a cat of my own
in my entire life! What if they decide they don't like me?)

Yay!!! Congratulations - you're getting your first kitties!

I'm sure they will love you! You're such a cat-lover, they won't have
any choice.

Good luck! Please keep us posted.

Joyce

Old October 16th 04, 03:33 PM
Victor Martinez

Kajikit wrote:
Or did they choose you? Stories please!

Xoxo chose us. Kinda. He was rescued by a neighbor back when we lived in
the condos. He became the condo cat, but we became his main
caregivers. We took him to the vet and fed him much better food than the
guy who rescued him did. Plus the guy had a cat who hated all other cats.
When our beloved Quetzie died, Xoxo mourned for him for weeks. He
dissappeared from the courtyard and we could hear him crying in the back
of the building at night. When we moved to our house, Xoxo came with us
and he's been a very happy indoor-only cat since.
Luna also kinda chose us. We went to get one kitten and we immediately
loved Maya's coat. However, Maya was doing her thing, smelling
everything and not staying put. Luna, on the other hand, had to be with
us. She *loves* people, so we decided to take them both.
Basho and Issa were selected by the breeder, so there was no choice
there, other than the choice of colors.
Fez definitely chose me and I chose Rufous. They were tiny 4 week old
abandoned kittens at the SPCA, part of a litter of 5. When I opened the
cage they were in, Fez got up from the pile, made a beeline for me and
started meowing. He still has the exact same voice....
He obviously wanted to come home with me and I chose Rufous because he
was the biggest, fuzziest, orangest kitten I've ever seen.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he