Census. Please respond.

Old June 6th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Census. Please respond.

Oops! I knew I forgot someone... Unfortunately I cannot recall her name, a
young calico female (mostly black) we rescued in 1981 and rehomed in 1982.

Old June 6th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

CURRENT:
Frank, male, dsh, tabby, 1.5 years, from no kill shelter
Lyle, male, dsh, tabby, 1.5 yeara, from no kill shelter

RB:
T.C., female, dsh, white, came in off street, RB 1981 at about 8 y.o. with
kidney failure

Topper, male, dsh, tux, from shelter, RB 1996 15 y.o. kidney failure
Zachary, male, dsh, black, from shelter RB 2007 10 y.o. crf

ME:
Andy, male, dsh, 50-55, N.Y, USA 2 cats at max (current), RPCA since
dawn_of_time (pre-split)
found RPC by searching for "cat" in Tin.

Old June 6th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

Name: Baby Eyes
Gender: Female
Breed: Oscar the Grouch
Colour: Grey with tiny white bib
Age: 8 soon
Source of cat: gift

LOL, "Oscar the Grouch" is a breed?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 6th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Phoenix wrote:

You have a male calico? He's a rare kitty!

Maybe that's not what it's called? He's mostly white, but
has big splotches of grey-tabby coloring and a grey
stripey tail. (pics he
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2276878...7603708650865/)

So what do you call that??

Adorable? Upside-downy head?

He's a brown tabby with white - a *lot* of white.

I would also call him a "Roxy-style" cat because he's patterned more
or less like she is, although she has less white:

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/..._fetching.html

A calico would also have orange fur, where the orange and the brown/black
striped fur are in separate patches. But Fearless doesn't appear to have
any orange.

Old June 6th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

wrote

| Pat wrote:
|
| Name: Baby Eyes
| Gender: Female
| Breed: Oscar the Grouch
| Colour: Grey with tiny white bib
| Age: 8 soon
| Source of cat: gift
|
| LOL, "Oscar the Grouch" is a breed?

Has to be. She has that unmistakeable look.

Old June 6th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Current cats:

Name: Cocoa
Gender: Female
Breed: DSH
Colour: Black
Age: 15
Source of cat: Croydon Cat Rescue

Name: Willow
Gender: Female
Breed: DSH
Colour: Tabby
Age: 13
Source of cat: Local pet shop aged 7 weeks old

Name: Merlin
Gender: Male
Breed: Chinchilla x DSH
Colour: Grey & white
Age: 9
Source of cat: Croydon Cats Protection

Name: Bracken
Gender: Male
Breed: DSH
Colour: Tortoiseshell
Age: 9
Source of cat: Croydon Cats Protection
~ ~ ~

RB cats:

Name: Wonky
Gender: Male
Breed: DSH - semi-feral
Colour: Black
Source of cat: Croydon Cats Protection (ex-foster cat)
Age if went to RB: 4-5?
Cause of going to RB: N/K
~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender: F
Your age: 35-39
Birthday month: Sept
Location (county, country): Surrey, UK
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 4
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 5 (+ 11 foster cats)
How long have you been with RPCA?: 1996 for r.p.c, then to rpca after
the groups split - ie, since it started
How did you find RPCA?: Was a poster to rpc pre-split then followed it
over. Read via USENET

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old June 6th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:58:21 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Ted Davis wrote:

Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 15

Goodness, I had no idea you had so many! You have a private cat shelter.

What I have is a soft heart for cats and a place in the country where we
can all live together (though with CJ around, there are frequent fights).

Fifteen may be too many in the dead of winter, but not enough in warm
weather: for much of last night, I had no bed cats, and only three ever
showed up.

--
T.E.D. )

Old June 6th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

news

Ted Davis wrote:

Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 15

Goodness, I had no idea you had so many! You have a private cat shelter.

What I have is a soft heart for cats and a place in the country where we
can all live together (though with CJ around, there are frequent fights).

Fifteen may be too many in the dead of winter, but not enough in warm
weather: for much of last night, I had no bed cats, and only three ever
showed up.

--
T.E.D. )

Nights like that. Sometimes I go out to call ours, and come in and tell
Charlie to forget it. If I were a cat, I wouldn't come in on some of these
nights either.

Jo

Old June 6th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message
~~~

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name:
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would be
female*)
Breed: (DSH, for example)
Colour: (eg, tabby & white)
Age: (if unsure, indicate a 'best guess' with a star eg, "about four"
would be 4*)
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home,
neighbourhood stray, given to you, adopted from shelter, adopted from pet
shop, adopted from breeder etc etc

Tanada, female, DSH, Black and White Tuzedo, 15.5 years old. Received from
neighbor who threatened to throw her out onto a five lane street if I didn't
take her.

QC, female, Maine Coon mix, brown/grayish tabby, 10* years old. Berfert
(RB) brought her home one day and she never left.

Merlin, male, DSH, gray tabby and white, 10* years old. Was brought into
PetSmart for surrender by a soldier being sent to Korea. His meowmie had
already been sent to Germany. Merlin never made it to the cages. His
original name was Tiger. It didn't fit him.

Pine Cone, male, DSH, brownish gray tabby and white, 7 years old.
Discovered us on Morrow Mountain State Park in North Carolina where he'd
been dumped by some dipwad with feces for brains. He heard us and came
running. He's been running us ever since.

1st Sergeant Huey, male, DSH, orange tabby and white, 6 years old. Was
abandoned by another moronic dipwad with feces for brains on Simmons Army
Airfield here at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He immediately appointed
himself at Rob's nurse cat. The two of them do most things together.

Sonya, female, DSL/oriental mix, gray and white tuxedo, 4* years old. She
was a foster for a local no-kill shelter. She decided that she liked the
digs after all and we decided that she was a natural to own us. When her
kittens went to their only homes, Sonya and one kitten stayed behind.

Qui Gun Kit, male, DSL/oriental mix, black and white tuxedo. 3 years old.
He was the runt of the world's longest feline pregnancy. He was also the
most curious, active, and strange of the kits. He and Mike, our son, fell
in love and have been buddies ever since.

Miss Calico Girl, female, DSL, brindled calico and white mix. 2* years old.
She was abandoned by a stupid twit when said twit moved from a trailer park
in the neighboring county. Rob was receiving nursing care at the time and
his CNA brought her over for us to take care of her. MCG weiged about 8 lbs
and you could see her back bone and ribs. 6 months later she weighs over 11
lbs and is a healthy girl cat, except for ear mites.
~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel
free to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe (Rainbow Bridge, Missing in Action, Rehomed, Unknown etc)
Name:
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would be
female*)
Breed: (DSH, for example)
Colour: (eg, tabby & white)
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home,
neighbourhood stray, given to you, adopted from shelter, adopted from pet
shop, adopted from breeder etc etc
Age if went to RB:
Cause of going to RB (if known):

Diamond, RB MIA, male*, DSH, black, neighbor had too many pets and was
ordered to get rid of one or be evicted from military housing. Diamond was
Rob's first soul cat. We got him at 9 months in 1987 he abandoned us to
live with his girlfriend in 1990 as we were leaving Kentucky to move across
the country.

Muffin, MIA probably RB, male* gray tabby and white. Adopted from a pet
store. Muffin was in a box with a sign on it that read "any kittens still
here at closing will be taken to the shelter." He was about 4 when he went
missing in '92. We kept putting him on a diet and he went where the
pickings were better.

Pixel, RB, DMH/oriental mix, black. Neighbor adopted him and decided that
she couldn't cope with cat messes so dumped him on us. disappeared as we
were packing to move to Texas. Our neighbors kept accusing him of opening
their rabbit cages and stealing the baby bunnies. I wish my fingers were as
nimble as his paws were supposed to be.

Guido the Mafia Hit Cat, male RB, DSH, black. 1* year old. Adopted as
companion and therapy cat for our son. Run over on five lane street one
night. He was Tanada's brother and the strangest character. Both he and
Tanada used to eat olives from our daughter's fingers.

Pumpkin. male, MIA DMH, orange tabby, 2* years old, was rescued from an
abusive neighbor, disappeared from our back yard in California.

Buddy, male, RB, DSH, gray and white, was abandoned by previous renters and
decided to let us move into his apartment after all. murdered by a
neighbor. Buddy liked to weird out the other cats by "barking" at them. He
also liked to meditate with me.

Penelope, female, RB DMH, calico and white, was abandoned in our
neighborhood probably when she went into first heat. Wound up on our
doorsep and moved on in. Gave birth to four bitties, two of which inherited
her Feline Lukemia. She died from it in 2004.

Berfert, male, RB DSH, black and white tuxedo, was rescued from abusive
neighbor. Mike's buddy after Guido went to the bridge. Berfert had the
most warped outlook on life and would do things just to make the humans
shake their heads and wonder about him.

~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender:
Your age: (in 5-year bands,14 or less, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39,
etc etc)
Birthday month:
Location (state, country):
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment:
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time:
How long have you been with RPCA?:
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?:

Me? female, 50-55, September (Virgo) North Carolina, USA, owned by nine
cats, Max cats owned by 12 (found homes for most of them then got adopted by
a few more) I started with RPCA in 1998 after searching for a group of like
minded people on USENET. The other cat groups were either meaner than
snakes or were focused on matters that I wasn't interested in.

Pam S
~ ~ ~

feel free to add any other interesting data points if you like.

Eventually I will compile the results into a set of interesting
statistics (eg, something like "most people here own 2-3 cats, the most
poular cats are DSH tabbies and tuxedos, most of us are between 35 and 60,
scorpios seem to own the most cats, and most of our cats got RB because of
CRF at around the age of 16 or so. This is what I hope will be included in
FAQ looks at Mark)

Yowie