Burmese cat wants to eat gravel

Old May 9th 09, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

Default Burmese cat wants to eat gravel

Netmask wrote:
Netmask wrote:
My 14 year old Burmese is wanting to eat gravel - what does this mean?
Is he lacking minerals or has an upset tummy? very strange..

Tonight (Sydney Friday 6pm) Max suffered a cardiac arrest and passed
away. I was with him at the surgery. Max was born on May 5 1995. He was
a very sociable cat who looked forward to visitors and the occasional
dog. The last pathology report indicated probably cancer, invading the
brain and possibly a fungal infection. All the tests were ambiguous. I
will bury him next to his great uncle who reached 23 years. He has been
my constant companion for so many years. At 70 myself I thought he would
outlive me. Life goes on.....

"....Rise up slowly, Angel..." It's hard to let you go.

70 is still the prime of life. Purrs for you continued wellbeing. MLB
Old May 31st 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask

Netmask wrote:
My 14 year old Burmese is wanting to eat gravel - what does this mean?
Is he lacking minerals or has an upset tummy? very strange..

Many thanks to all - i have visited the breeder who sold me my burmese
cat 14 years ago and lo and behold his mother Kaama (17 years) is still
alive and in very good health. So I am getting another little Burmese
boy when one of Kaama's grandchildren have a litter shortly. Kaama is
long retired and I am tempted to see if I could acquire her as well but
at 17 i see in a short time more tears and sorrows so maybe i won't say
anything.... and not sure how a 17 ex mum would get on with a kitten.
All the cats are in separate cages and a bit grubby for my taste which
upsets me compared to the comparative luxury of my place - but I
suppose that's the way they have to be in a breeding establishment.
Old May 31st 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

"Netmask" wrote in message
Netmask wrote:
My 14 year old Burmese is wanting to eat gravel - what does this mean? Is
he lacking minerals or has an upset tummy? very strange..

Many thanks to all - i have visited the breeder who sold me my burmese cat
14 years ago and lo and behold his mother Kaama (17 years) is still alive
and in very good health. So I am getting another little Burmese boy when
one of Kaama's grandchildren have a litter shortly. Kaama is long retired
and I am tempted to see if I could acquire her as well but at 17 i see in
a short time more tears and sorrows so maybe i won't say anything.... and
not sure how a 17 ex mum would get on with a kitten. All the cats are in
separate cages and a bit grubby for my taste which upsets me compared to
the comparative luxury of my place - but I suppose that's the way they
have to be in a breeding establishment.

When you buy breeder cats you deserve what you get. Millions of perfectly
lovely cats, often from a healthier gene pool need homes NOW. Shame on you
for supporting breeding. Ugh. What goes around comes around.

Old May 31st 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cyberpurrs

"Netmask" wrote
All the cats are in separate cages and a bit grubby for my taste which
upsets me compared to the comparative luxury of my place - but I suppose
that's the way they have to be in a breeding establishment.

Ask yourself how you can support this? NO, they do not have to be this way
in a breeding establishment. You are subsidizing abuse.

Go see some kittens at your local shelter. I dare you.

Old May 31st 09, 08:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask

cyberpurrs wrote:

"Netmask" wrote
All the cats are in separate cages and a bit grubby for my taste which
upsets me compared to the comparative luxury of my place - but I
suppose that's the way they have to be in a breeding establishment.

Ask yourself how you can support this? NO, they do not have to be this
way in a breeding establishment. You are subsidizing abuse.

Go see some kittens at your local shelter. I dare you.

Burmese are the only breed that I'm not allergic to apart from those
ugly fur less type

FEMALE BURMESE WILL ONLY ONE WET BRAND AND FLAVOR mamasan via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 4 January 24th 07 07:25 AM
Litter Box Question (Burmese) Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 9 December 6th 04 07:34 PM
Burmese Cats Alan Hannas Cats - misc 8 December 12th 03 10:34 PM
Burmese and heart problems Sarah Cat anecdotes 5 September 22nd 03 12:36 AM
Burmese and heart problems Sarah Cat health & behaviour 6 September 21st 03 05:38 AM