OT - What are you reading?

Old August 18th 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default OT - What are you reading?

Me? "Mayflower" by Nathan Philbrick: a history of the Plymouth Plantation
for the first 75 to 100 years. I'm learning a lot that I never knew. I'm a
history addict. The cats seem to find it interesting too.

and

"Quilter's Complete Guide" by Marianne Fons and May Porter: a basics text
on how to make different types of quilts. I need the help. My left index
finger is currently bandaged due to a slip of a rotary cutter while cutting
out strips of red checked cloth.

I just finished the new JA Jance mystery and a bunch of Jo Dereske's Miss
Zukas library mysteries. Her cat is called "Boy Cat Zukas." She didn't
like cats, but is learning, slowly, to become a cat slave.

SO, what is your current reading material? What have you recently finished?
Do your cats have preferences?

Pam S. who'll stop while her finger is only moderately hurting.

Old August 18th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 18, 3:17*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
[...]

"How Much for Just the Planet" the late John M. Ford's Star Trek novel
that managed to get by the people who control "continuity" for the
series. People complain that it destroys the dignity of the original
crew. Howlingly funny.

Just finished: "Finder" by Emma Bull, an urban fantasy set in
Bordertown, where magic meets rock and roll.

Recently finished: "Falling Free" by Louse McMaster Bujold" I waited
forever to find out what the fuss was about Bujold. Then I read all of
her fantasy and all of her SF in one swell foop. This one is SF and
great SF.

Recently finished: "Digital Knight" first book published by Ryk E.
Spoor, better known online as Sea Wasp. This is a fix up with
connected shorter pieces. It works very well, although it involves
themes I don't usually like much, like vampires.

The cats like me to read something comfortable for them to sit on.

--
Will in New Haven
Old August 18th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmmee

dh is reading a collection of short noevels, i on the other hand am still
trying to find a way to read e books that doesn't involve six hundred
dollars... if anyone has any ideas i am open, Lee"tanadashoes"

Old August 18th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I was reading a book called "Origins" by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. He's an
astrophysicist who writes a lot of science material for the public and
has hosted a number of TV shows about stars, galaxies, etc.

I've had the book for 6 weeks, and have already renewed it once, so I
have to return it unfinished. But maybe I'll try again later. I love to
get in bed at night and read, but these days I'm so tired that I fall
asleep after reading only a few pages. So it can take me a long time
to get through a book!

Joyce

--
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old August 18th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Stormmmee wrote:
dh is reading a collection of short noevels, i on the other hand am still
trying to find a way to read e books that doesn't involve six hundred
dollars... if anyone has any ideas i am open, Lee"tanadashoes"

If it's an old book you might find it on Gutenberg for free.

Cheryl
Old August 19th 09, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe[_2_]

[...]

waves Hi to Pam You brought me back to the fold...I love "what are
you reading threads"...
It depends on where I am. If I'm in bed I'm finishing up "Holy Smoke"
that you and Rob gave to me when we were in Kings Mountain. If I'm in
the living room and not on the puter I'm reading diabetic how-to-eat
books.....

but in the bathroom...the holiest of all reading rooms... I'm reading
"The Art of Racing in the Rain". A mini-review: "A heart-wrenching
but deeply funny and ultimately uplifting story of family, love,
loyalty, and hope, The Art of Racing in the Rain is a beautifully
crafted and captivating look at the wonders and absurdities of human
life...as only a dog could tell it." and ""...one of those stories
that may earn its place next to Richard Bach's 'Jonathan Livingston
Seagull,' Paulo Coelho's 'The Alchemist,' and Yann Martel's 'Life of
Pi'...It's magic indeed..."

Julie

Old August 19th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Will in New Haven wrote:
Recently finished: "Falling Free" by Louse McMaster Bujold" I waited
forever to find out what the fuss was about Bujold. Then I read all of
her fantasy and all of her SF in one swell foop. This one is SF and
great SF.

I LOVE her Miles Naismith books and hope she eventually goes back to that
universe. I also love all her other stuff too, so I'm not hurting TOO badly
(big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old August 19th 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Julie_Snowshoe wrote:
If I'm in
the living room and not on the puter I'm reading diabetic how-to-eat
books.....

Um... diabetics need fiber, but I don't think they're supposed to eat the
books (evil grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old August 19th 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when tanadashoes wrote:
SO, what is your current reading material?

Lady of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

ASP.NET MVC Framework (programming)

Just finished Christopher Moore's "Fool"

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request