Star - better pics and spoke to his new slave

Old January 22nd 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default Star - better pics and spoke to his new slave

Hi the

After four consecutive days of visits with Star, he's really loosened
up. Gone is the slink and in is the kitten-ish playful boy that lurked
beneath. He *only* wanted to play for the whole hour this time. Shots
start he http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20251...26469358tCJdXS
and if you cycle through the slide show you'll see the marked difference
between his posture at the get go and his confident curious posture now.
He sure is loud when he complains. Mouth like a sailor.

I spoke to Sarah today and was relieved and excited that our boy will
have such a good home. She has recently moved here from the Dominican
Republic and said lots of great things: horrified that anyone would
dump or harm an animal when they don't have a voice of their own and
can't protect themselves, was very concerned that Star will like her
(excellent attitude for a slave) and wants me to visit him any time
because, of course, I've bonded with him too and I have to check to make
sure he's well taken care of!!!

I'll be dropping him to her place on Wednesday. I think that's he'll
make a nice companion for her (have this feeling he'll need a buddy
though to keep from getting bored). I'll keep you posted.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 22nd 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:
Hi the

After four consecutive days of visits with Star, he's really loosened
up. Gone is the slink and in is the kitten-ish playful boy that lurked
beneath. He *only* wanted to play for the whole hour this time. Shots
start he http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20251...26469358tCJdXS
and if you cycle through the slide show you'll see the marked difference
between his posture at the get go and his confident curious posture now.
He sure is loud when he complains. Mouth like a sailor.

There's a marked difference in his posture. Glad he's loosening up -
maybe it won't take him so long to settle down in his new home.

I spoke to Sarah today and was relieved and excited that our boy will
have such a good home. She has recently moved here from the Dominican
Republic and said lots of great things: horrified that anyone would
dump or harm an animal when they don't have a voice of their own and
can't protect themselves, was very concerned that Star will like her
(excellent attitude for a slave) and wants me to visit him any time
because, of course, I've bonded with him too and I have to check to make
sure he's well taken care of!!!

She sounds like she will be a good slave.

Old January 22nd 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Susan M wrote:

Hi the

After four consecutive days of visits with Star, he's really loosened
up. Gone is the slink and in is the kitten-ish playful boy that lurked
beneath. He *only* wanted to play for the whole hour this time. Shots
start he http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20251...26469358tCJdXS

He does look much more relaxed and confident!

I'll be dropping him to her place on Wednesday.

Hooray!!

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 22nd 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Marina wrote:
Susan M wrote:
Hi the

After four consecutive days of visits with Star, he's really loosened
up. Gone is the slink and in is the kitten-ish playful boy that
lurked beneath. He *only* wanted to play for the whole hour this
time. Shots start he
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20251...26469358tCJdXS and if you
cycle through the slide show you'll see the marked difference between
his posture at the get go and his confident curious posture now. He
sure is loud when he complains. Mouth like a sailor.

There's a marked difference in his posture. Glad he's loosening up -
maybe it won't take him so long to settle down in his new home.

I think he will rule her with a velvet paw.

BTW, I didn't mention that he is only 3.1 kg, full grown they say. Less
than 7 pounds!

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 22nd 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

BTW, I didn't mention that he is only 3.1 kg, full grown they say. Less
than 7 pounds!

Aww, he weighs even less than Mir.

Old January 22nd 08, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I love happy endings!

--
Joy

There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to
come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

Old January 22nd 08, 09:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:03:43 -0700, Susan M wrote:

[...]

I'm so glad things are working out so well for Star!

He's such a beautiful kitty, too. Hard to believe he's so small, and
full grown, too. But small is nice, too.

I'm so glad you will be able to visit him, too.

He's a very, very lucky kitty, to have you looking out for him.

Happy ending for everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old January 22nd 08, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Susan M wrote:
After four consecutive days of visits with Star, he's really loosened
up. Gone is the slink and in is the kitten-ish playful boy that lurked
beneath. He *only* wanted to play for the whole hour this time. Shots
start he http://pets.webshots.com/photo/20251...26469358tCJdXS
and if you cycle through the slide show you'll see the marked difference
between his posture at the get go and his confident curious posture now.
He sure is loud when he complains. Mouth like a sailor.

He has "the look" of Otis as an adolescent. I'm glad that there was
such a happy end to Star's trek.

Old January 22nd 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Susan M wrote:
[...]

You've done a wonderful thing for Star, congratulations.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart