I Believe

Old October 17th 05, 04:30 AM
PatM

Default I Believe

{{{I believe the world would be in MUCH better shape if it were
run by post-menopausal women. Women are never subject to
the need to appear "macho" and they are much more analytical
in making choices - especially after the biological urge to
reproduce has passed.}}}

Ditto. Would women start a war then send their sons and daughters off
to die?

I believe...vandals and malicious grafitti artists and such should be
made to wear hot pink jumpsuits for a period of time directly
proportional to their crime...1 week minimum, in school, on the job,
everywhere.

I believe... there should be a separate area (like non-smoking) for
cell phone users so we wouldn't have to listen to their conversations
in resturants and...?

I believe... health, dental, eye, hearing and housing should be
affordable for everyone. Yeah, right... Not saying they have to be
free, just affordable. Like that's going to happen.

I believe...there should be a massive campaign to educate people about
spaying and neutering and necessary vet care. It should be followed up
with grants for mobil vet trucks to visit rural areas and vouchers for
participating town vets.

I'll climb off my soapbox now!
PatM

Old October 17th 05, 06:39 AM
Yoj

"PatM" wrote in message
ups.com...
{{{I believe the world would be in MUCH better shape if it were
run by post-menopausal women. Women are never subject to
the need to appear "macho" and they are much more analytical
in making choices - especially after the biological urge to
reproduce has passed.}}}

Ditto. Would women start a war then send their sons and daughters off
to die?

I believe that those who think it's a good idea to go to war should be the
ones to do the fighting.

Joy

Old October 17th 05, 07:37 AM
Shiral

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Pamela Shirk wrote:

SNIP
I believe that every parent who lets their children misbehave in public, or
worse thinks such misbehavior is cute, should be made to stand in a corner
along with their children.

Better still, lock them in a small room with their kids, and
keep them there for twenty-four hours straight (with no way
of pushing responsibility for discipline off on someone else).

I believe this, and the kids should be given an extreme sugar rush,
first. EG

I believe that men are not only the weaker sex, but try to use it to their
advantage by appearing stupider as well. You wives know what I mean.

I'm not so sure it's deliberate! (Sometimes I think they
genuinely ARE not only weaker but stupider.)

I believe that men who behave as you describe ARE more stupid. But I do
not want to condemn ALL men when many are wise enough to stop and think
before they act and speak.

:-)

I believe the world would be in MUCH better shape if it were
run by post-menopausal women. Women are never subject to
the need to appear "macho" and they are much more analytical
in making choices - especially after the biological urge to
reproduce has passed. (That doesn't mean they can't
appreciate an attractive male, but they aren't so dominated
by their hormones that they lose all sense of proportion -
not to mention "common sense".)

Bravo, yes. I believe this, too. Long standing world problems might
even start to get cleared up without the need to appear to be the tough
guys all the time.

I believe in freedom of religion, but I also believe that religion
should not be taught in public school science classes. We need citizens
who are scientifically literate and know how to prove or disprove a
theory by proper scientific methods. Learn about and discuss your
chosen theology at your chosen place of worship, not in biology class.

I believe miracles can happen through human or at least mortal agents.

I believe cooperation is better than arguing in almost every situation.
(With the exceptions of criminal actions.)

I believe that arguing is my least favorite form of human
communication.

I believe it is ALWAYS wrong to abuse children, animals and elderly
people. Especially in the case of sexual abuse of children.

I believe that wrongs and injustices can be righted if enough people
work toward that end.

I believe that my home must always have at least one resident cat in
order to feel like my home.

I believe that most people are essentially good and decent until proven
otherwise.

I also believe it's almost inevitable that at some point in our lives,
the people we love will disappoint us in some way.

I believe in forgiveness, especially if I'm the one who needs to be
forgiven! =o) Forgiving others is a lifelong lesson I've been trying to
learn.

I believe one should trust in God or Providence, but lock their doors
at night anyway.

I DO believe pride goeth before a fall, because I've seen it happen.
Always be ready for the Cosmic Banana Peel of life.

I believe people would be happier if they had something hilarious to
laugh at at least once a day for every day in every year of their life.

I believe that even the wisest, smartest most knowledgeable and
socially poised people can say incredibly stupid things, once in a
while. Nobody is 100% gaffe-proof. The likelihood of this happening is
directly proportional to the number of microphones that may be pointed
at that person at the time they say it.

I believe that people who close their minds and open their mouths are
MOST likely to say stupid things on a regular basis. If they make
sense, it's likely to be an accident.

I believe I've run out of beliefs.

Melissa

Old October 17th 05, 05:39 PM
Wayne Mitchell

"PatM" wrote:

Would women start a war then send their sons and daughters off
to die?

Yes, they would ... and tell those sons and daughters, "Come
back with your shield or on it."

Part of the reason we sometimes think women would do a better
job at governing our nations than men have been doing is that we
have had less opportunity to observe them in the effort.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old October 17th 05, 05:39 PM
Wayne Mitchell

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

I believe that men are not only the weaker sex, but try to use it to their
advantage by appearing stupider as well. You wives know what I mean.

I'm not so sure it's deliberate! (Sometimes I think they
genuinely ARE not only weaker but stupider.)

Men, in general, are stupider than women. Women, in general,
insist upon marrying men. Therefore, women, in general, are
stupider than men.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old October 17th 05, 06:39 PM
Pamela Shirk

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
link.net...
If you're as nutty as I am and watch the Red necked Comedy Tour, you'll
know that there is one part called "I Believe." In it the comedians take
turns giving comedic versions of life as they'd like it. I got thinking
last night and came up with a couple of personal "I Believes." Please join
in and help me work off some rant time.

I believe that those who are caught creating computer viruses should be
forced to unravel the US and state tax codes, and write clear versions of
them.

I believe that laughter is a more universal and precious language than
shouting

I believe that we should all let our inner child out more often

I believe that if people showed the common sense of cats we'd all be a lot
better off

I believe that if our kids are our future, we'd all better start training
them better today

I believe that unruly teens should be sealed in wine barrels and fed through
the bung holes. When they're 18 we can let them out and see if it worked,
if not they should be sealed back in and released on a trial basis when they
turn 21.

I believe that trolls need a life.

I believe that logic has it's own place, but so does illogic.

When it comes to trolls, computer hackers, those who write viruses and
others who hurt others on the net should be introduced to bowling as a
contact sport.

Pam S. who hates outlook express but has to use it for school

Old October 17th 05, 06:41 PM
CatNipped

Old October 17th 05, 07:04 PM
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
"Nomen Nescio" ] wrote in message

Lori, don't bother with Nomen. He's a troll as far as I'm concerned.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 17th 05, 07:07 PM
Jo Firey

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

Finally. Someone with more extreme views than mine on Teens. I've long
believed that teen boys, as much for their own sake as for the sake of their
families and society in general should be confined. Lately I've come to the
conclusion that teen girls are at least as bad.

Jo

(Over the weekend an as yet unidentified person came to our house in the
middle of the night. Found a bag of Quick Crete (instant concrete), sprayed
water all over a kids car, covered it with the concrete mix added more water
and rubbed it in. I was a cool night, I found it much earlier in the
morning than the kid would have and the boys managed to clean up all the
mess. I believe anyone that would do such a thing should be drawn and
quartered)

Jo

Old October 17th 05, 07:08 PM
Victor Martinez

I believe all living things are somehow connected.

I believe love is life.

I believe we can learn much from "lower" life forms.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he