Remembering DD

Old May 5th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Remembering DD

It was on the 5th of May, 2003 that DD made her journey to the Rainbow
Bridge.

DD had been Nancy's companion for a few years before Nancy and I married.
When Nancy and I moved in together we each brought a kitty - I brought
Cleo and Nancy brought DD. The kitties settled in with each other fairly
well. They both slept on the bed, DD on Nancy's pillow and Cleo by my
feet.

When we adopted Amelia a few months later, DD and Cleo were both
horrified. They were both rather sedate adult cats, and having to put up
with a very energetic kitten was a bit trying for them. But everybody
adjusted again. Amelia loved to play and to snuggle, Cleo liked to play
once in a while but ignored Amelia, and DD tended to mother Amelia. Things
settled in to a nice peaceful routine.

When we moved into our current place, DD loved the back yard at least as
much as the other kitties did. She loved to go outside and chase bugs. She
especially enjoyed the twilight hours, when one of us would go and sit
outside with her. DD would let us know how much she enjoyed our company by
coming up and "scratching" us with her declawed paws (she was declawed by
the people Nancy adopted her from).

In the spring of 2003 DD got listless and her fur lost it's luster.
She didn't enjoy her outside time any more. When we took her to the vet we
learned that the CRF we had treated her for a couple years before had
worsened. We administered sub-Q fluids for a few months, and it seemed to
help her feel better. After a while, though, even the fluids didn't help.
With very heavy hearts we took DD on her final trip to the vet on May 5,
2003.

Since that day we believe DD has returned to say "hello" a few times.
Neither of us has seen her, but Nancy has several times felt a kitty
winding around her legs while she was working on the computer - and no
physical kitties were present.

We miss you, DD.

Dan

Old May 5th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It never is easy remembering a pet. My heartfelt condolences. My kitty
,Yes, I had to have put down. R. I. P. 18 Nov 2005

Michael Lane

" Say what you want and be who you are,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss

Old May 6th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
It was on the 5th of May, 2003 that DD made her journey to the Rainbow
Bridge.

snip loving memories
We miss you, DD.

{{{{Dan and Nancy}}} The anniversary of Nikki's passing is coming up. I
thought staying away from rpca a while would help me get over the grief
for her and Frank, but I only felt more alone than ever. At least there
are people here who remember them and understand how much the loss can
hurt. I remember DD and the shock of her passing. Wish I could do more,
but all I have is purrs and warmest sympathies to send.

Old May 6th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 05 May 2006 14:23:22 -0700, Dan M wrote:

It was on the 5th of May, 2003 that DD made her journey to the Rainbow
Bridge.

snip
We miss you, DD.

((((((((Dan and Nancy)))))))

I know where you're coming from. Even though we open our hearts and
homes to others, there's always that hole which none of the others can
fill.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old May 6th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 06 May 2006 09:54:00 +0300, Marina
wrote:

Dan M wrote:
It was on the 5th of May, 2003 that DD made her journey to the Rainbow
Bridge.

snip loving memories
We miss you, DD.

{{{{Dan and Nancy}}} The anniversary of Nikki's passing is coming up. I
thought staying away from rpca a while would help me get over the grief
for her and Frank, but I only felt more alone than ever. At least there
are people here who remember them and understand how much the loss can
hurt. I remember DD and the shock of her passing. Wish I could do more,
but all I have is purrs and warmest sympathies to send.

Don't forget that one of the greatest services provided by the group
is as a support group when one of the masters is hurting or lost. Well
meaning friends and family sometimes just don't understand like this
group.

Old May 6th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-06 01:54:00 -0500, Marina said:

Dan M wrote:
It was on the 5th of May, 2003 that DD made her journey to the Rainbow
Bridge.

snip loving memories
We miss you, DD.

{{{{Dan and Nancy}}} The anniversary of Nikki's passing is coming up. I
thought staying away from rpca a while would help me get over the grief
for her and Frank, but I only felt more alone than ever. At least there
are people here who remember them and understand how much the loss can
hurt. I remember DD and the shock of her passing. Wish I could do more,
but all I have is purrs and warmest sympathies to send.

((((Dan, Nancy AND Marina))))

It is just hard. That's all there is to it. I still miss Grant SO much.
I just realize, I won't get over missing him. But then I realize, I'm
not supposed to. I hope people don't get over missing me someday. If
they do, it means I didn't mean very much, didn't impact very much,
didn't matter very much. Our friends meant everything and still do, and
in the end, even if we are sad, that is not such a bad thing.

Old May 6th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

{{{Dan & Nancy}}}}

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old May 6th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What a lovely tribute! I can see DD chasing after the bugs; our cats (and
Fritzie before them) love moth-hunting in the back yard too. And I can well
believe she came back to say howdy. They never truly leave us.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old May 7th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you for telling us about DD.

On 2006-05-05, Dan M penned:
[...]

monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 10th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:

[...]

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek