Lily stood her ground today

Old December 28th 05, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Lily stood her ground today

The enmity between Lily and Eli might be easing!!

Today she was laying next to me on the sofa when Eli jumped up onto the back
of the sofa and started glaring at her. She growled but did not run off (and
I wouldn't have let her run off if she had tried to, she has to learn that I
will always protect her). Then Eli went and laid on the floor near my feet.
After a while I got up and Lily stayed right where she was.

It's major progress, that she will stay in the same room with Eli, but this
was just the beginning. A while later, in the kitchen, Lily came in and
started demanding that I open a can of gooshy food. I mean she hollered so
loud and long that she woke everyone else up and they all came running into
the kitchen. Including Eli. And once more, Lily stayed right there.

After the can was open and doled out into their many dishes and as Lily was
eating, Eli tried to put his head in and get a bite. That's when Lily
growled at him, and she kept eating, and he just backed away with his tail
between his legs!!!!

I'm so proud of my courageous girl....

Old December 29th 05, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

After the can was open and doled out into their many dishes and as Lily was
eating, Eli tried to put his head in and get a bite. That's when Lily
growled at him, and she kept eating, and he just backed away with his tail
between his legs!!!!

I'm so proud of my courageous girl....

Good for her! Sounds like she's making progress.
Old December 29th 05, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad you're making progress, purrs for it to continue.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Extra Talkative Today jmcquown Cat anecdotes 7 February 11th 05 07:50 PM
Today is Duffy's adoption anniversary+birthday MaryL Cat anecdotes 19 February 2nd 05 07:43 PM
Today gracecat Cat anecdotes 52 October 13th 04 02:01 PM
Roxy is being a sweetheart today! Marina Cat anecdotes 1 December 22nd 03 02:30 PM
bad news at the vet today :( -L. Cat health & behaviour 39 September 12th 03 06:20 PM