PING: Sherry

Old December 1st 10, 06:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default PING: Sherry

Can you handle some more gratitude? This time it's about Billy and
Lily. They are two of the best cats I've ever known, and they are only
with me because of you. They have some odd quirks. Some of which you
know about already. Like, sleeping on their backs with paws folded.

But something I may not have mentioned before. Both of them love the
young kittens. Billy is especially fond of them, in fact he spends a
great deal of time playing with them and grooming them. He never spits
at a kitten. Lily will spit occasionally, but a split-second later she
goes back to licking the little one.

Billy mostly prefers dry food, and when the kibble dish is empty, he
notifies me by showering me with affection. If I don't get the hint
right away, he starts shredding paper until kibble has been delivered.
At which point he will take a few pieces out of the dish and crunch,
crunch on it. He never eats much. But when he wants to eat, the dish
better be filled, or else something made of paper is going to be
demolished.

Lily loves most gooshy fudz, and seafood of all kinds, and chicken.
She will take food right from your fingers if you offer it that way,
and she's very careful not to accidentally bite your hand.

Lily is always ready to tell you something. She's the most talkative
kitty in the clowder. All it takes is a glance at her, to start her
talking. If you talk back, she will converse for as long as you want.
Billy on the other hand prefers to sing - long, drawn out trills are
his specialty.

And of course both of them are stunningly beautiful. Billy in
particular has a soft, silky coat with plenty of "down" on his belly.
Lily's fur is so thick that her nickname is "Puffy Fluff".

Perhaps the most unusual thing about these cats is that when they are
going to hurl, they let out the most pitiful sounding wails. "Woe-wow-
wah! Woe-wow-wah!" (the accent is on "wow") means (I think) "I feel
sick! I'm nauseated! Oh, I hate this feeling, oh..." It comes from the
back of the throat rather than deep in the chest, so it has a high-
pitched tone. But we only hear it on rare occasions. I've no idea what
happens to all the fur they must ingest, as they very seldom pitch
hairballs.

They are independent little buggers who sleep alone, mostly, instead
of curled into a pile with other cats, or on our beds. Maybe they just
don't get chilled due to the volume of their fur.

Anyhow, thanks for enabling me to become the slave of such a wonderful
pair. I think we were meant to be a family, and I can't imagine a life
without the two of them.
Old December 1st 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 1, 12:56*am, Pat wrote:
[...]

Aww.. that is good to hear. How old are they now? Seven?

Frank does that thing when he throws up too. It's a positively
otherworldy sound. It's like he's *wailing*. I always know when
Frank is about to throw up, no matter where he is in the house.

Sherry
Old December 1st 10, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Sherry wrote:
*How old are they now? Seven?

I guess they're in their 7th year, but haven't had their 7th birthday
yet. They were IBKs when you found them in July of '04, I think. So I
suppose they were born sometime in June of '04 and will officially be
7 this coming June ('11).

Frank does that thing when he throws up too. It's a positively
otherworldy sound. *It's like he's *wailing*. I always know when
Frank is about to throw up, no matter where he is in the house.

I've never heard it from any other cat, except for during the past
year or so, Tommy has started doing it. He's 9, and he didn't ever do
it during his first 7-8 years. I believe he learned from B&L, who must
have learned it from your Frank! Is this possible?

OT - Ping Sherry re CDs CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 July 21st 10 02:53 PM
Ping Sherry Granby Cat anecdotes 0 May 24th 08 08:21 PM
Ping SHERRY Pat Cat anecdotes 6 July 9th 07 10:05 PM
PING: Sherry Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 0 January 12th 05 03:32 AM
PING: Sherry Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 7 December 18th 04 02:46 PM