OT - Still

Old December 2nd 10, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default OT - Still

now that does suck, Lee
"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Dec 2, 11:35 am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
lol, while i agree with your mom, that is why there are freezers now,

We had a freezer which I often considered "accidentally" switching off
during the turkey glut as it would have then gone off- I used to watch
her Boxing Day carefully wrapping little piles of turkey in foil so
they could be frozen. My mother's philosophy was if there was turkey
available she wasn't going to buy anything else for me to eat until it
was used up as I suspect she thought I was only worth leftovers

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 3rd 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Still eating turkey, and still enjoying it just as much - we *never* have
enough to freeze with me around (I've eaten the whole shebang (stuffing,
mashed taters, creamed peas, etc.) as left-overs twice, turkey sandwiches
for lunch and dinner (sliced bread, mayo, turkey, stuffing and cranberry
sauce), and now I'm eating the "dregs" (since we ran out of stuffing) -
just plain turkey pieces with cranberry sauce. If the myth about
triptophan were true I'd be asleep for the next year! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

I'm thrilled to hear you're eating so well! And if you still have turkey
left it's easy enough to bake a pan of dressing (stuffing without having
been stuffed into anything)

Jill

Old December 3rd 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 29, 12:08*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Still eating turkey, and still enjoying it just as much - we *never* have
enough to freeze with me around (I've eaten the whole shebang (stuffing,
mashed taters, creamed peas, etc.) as left-overs twice, turkey sandwiches
for lunch and dinner (sliced bread, mayo, turkey, stuffing and cranberry
sauce), and now I'm eating the "dregs" (since we ran out of stuffing) - just
plain turkey pieces with cranberry sauce. *If the myth about triptophan were
true I'd be asleep for the next year! *;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Some think the trytophan in turkey helps with insomnia. Other say its
the high carbohydrate that usually accompany Thanksgiving dinner that
helps.
Old December 3rd 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I'm *barely* holding on to the 90's in
weight despite the amount I eat. I have my own theories of what's going on,
but to convince a doctor to do the right tests and prove my supposition is
almost impossible.

Old December 4th 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 00:17:06 +0000, Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Some think the trytophan in turkey helps with insomnia. Other say its
the high carbohydrate that usually accompany Thanksgiving dinner that
helps.

Turkey isn't unusually high in tryptophan, and you need a LOT more than
any food can give you to have a sleep-inducing effect.

I reckon the alleged effect is actually due to not having to get up for
work next morning.

Eating a large meal (of whatever sort) tends to make most people sleepy.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly