Poinsettia

Old December 3rd 10, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Poinsettia

Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.
But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.
Old December 3rd 10, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 2, 6:03*pm, Winnie wrote:
Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.

Oops, I meant getting a Christmas tree.

Old December 3rd 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

"Winnie" wrote in message
Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.
But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

{{{{{{{{{{Winnie}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry, it must be awful to lose a loved one so close to Christmas.
Heart healing purrs are continuing to be sent.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old December 3rd 10, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:05:43 -0800 (PST), Winnie wrote:

On Dec 2, 6:03*pm, Winnie wrote:
Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.

Oops, I meant getting a Christmas tree.

But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

But surely you will have another cat, sooner or later, won't you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein
Old December 3rd 10, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Winnie" wrote in message
Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.
But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

It's hard, isn't it? Hugs and purrs.

Joy

Old December 3rd 10, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
karla

"Winnie" wrote in message
Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.
But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

You are very brave Winnie, but please don't be too hard on yourself.

I hope the things you are giving are going to people or cats that are
special to you, or that are in need.

And I hope that you will save a few things of Rusty's also. Think of it as
a starter set.
Karla

Old December 4th 10, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Winnie" wrote in message
Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.
But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

You are still hurting a lot, aren't you?
Tweed

Old December 4th 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 2, 6:03*pm, Winnie wrote:
Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.

Oops, I meant getting a Christmas tree.

But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

But surely you will have another cat, sooner or later, won't you?

No I don't plan on having another cat.
I feel that the phase of my life as a cat slave is over.
Rusty would be my one and only owner.
Taking care of him all these years have been
quite draining, both mentally, physically, and
financially, especially near the end.
And I am not getting any younger.
Plan to do a fair bit of traveling to see my family.
It won't be fair to a cat who would be home alone
a lot or worse, boarded at the vet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^ * *

Old December 4th 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On Dec 2, 6:03 pm, Winnie wrote:
[...]

Well, only you can make that decision. Unless, of course, at some point a
cat makes the decision for you.

In the meantime, purrs and hugs. I know this is terribly painful.

Joy

Old December 4th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 3, 8:43*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Winnie" wrote in message

Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.
But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

You are still hurting a lot, aren't you?
Tweed

Actually I am slowly getting better. I kept myself busy and this
Christmas
season is better (so far) than some previous ones.
I tried to think of the positives, like no more cleaning up cat
vomit.
And Rusty is in a better place now.
No more pain or discomfort for him. He won't feel the winter cold.
He won't be awakened by me around midnight for the New Year
countdown.
And I won't worry about him when I have to be out of town.

Talking about Rusty in this group is theraputic for me as I know
people here
understand the loss of a beloved cat.

Winnie