I'm off

Old April 13th 06, 10:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I'm off

As of 16.40 today I'm on annual leave for 12 days so unless I get that
home network sorted out! (And that is a story!) I shan't be online- and
given the option between messing about with a network and playing with
Sarrasine and the feather onna stick..Well it's not as if I have much
choice- the cat knows the meaning of the words "pester power"

So purrs to all that need them and I'll be back soon!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 13th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
As of 16.40 today I'm on annual leave for 12 days so unless I get that
home network sorted out! (And that is a story!) I shan't be online-
and given the option between messing about with a network and playing
with Sarrasine and the feather onna stick..Well it's not as if I have
much choice- the cat knows the meaning of the words "pester power"

So purrs to all that need them and I'll be back soon!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Missing you already, have a great holiday.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 13th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Have as much fun as you and Sarrasine can fit into12 days! Return rested
and relaxed.
--
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin

oups.com...

Old April 13th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Charleen Welton wrote:
Have as much fun as you and Sarrasine can fit into12 days! Return rested
and relaxed.

And Redunzel but she isn't keen on feather onna stick, she prefers to
laze about and get skritchies...so I have a good excuse to spend a lot
of time in bed as well! "I can't get up, the cat's on top of me" is a
perfectly acceptable excuse for sloth in our house

Old April 13th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-13, Lesley penned:
As of 16.40 today I'm on annual leave for 12 days so unless I get
that home network sorted out! (And that is a story!) I shan't be
online- and given the option between messing about with a network
and playing with Sarrasine and the feather onna stick..Well it's not
as if I have much choice- the cat knows the meaning of the words
"pester power"

Wow, 12 days! Nice!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 13th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enjoy the time off!
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
oups.com...

Old April 13th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
Charleen Welton wrote:
Have as much fun as you and Sarrasine can fit into12 days! Return
rested and relaxed.

And Redunzel but she isn't keen on feather onna stick, she prefers to
laze about and get skritchies...so I have a good excuse to spend a lot
of time in bed as well! "I can't get up, the cat's on top of me" is a
perfectly acceptable excuse for sloth in our house

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Can you use that excuse if you're late for work? It sounds reasonable to me.
;-)

Old April 13th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Can you use that excuse if you're late for work? It sounds reasonable to me.

Alas no. I tried "the cats made me late" and then explained to my boss
that Redunzel was galloping up and down the landing and had to be
retrieved and her reply was that she would have just let the cat get
out and if it got onto the road..bad luck!

So my boss is not a cat lover....

Old April 13th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
Can you use that excuse if you're late for work? It sounds
reasonable to me.

Alas no. I tried "the cats made me late" and then explained to my boss
that Redunzel was galloping up and down the landing and had to be
retrieved and her reply was that she would have just let the cat get
out and if it got onto the road..bad luck!

So my boss is not a cat lover....

Maybe she was a mouse in a previous life. ;-)

Old April 13th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-13, Lesley penned:

Alas no. I tried "the cats made me late" and then explained to my
boss that Redunzel was galloping up and down the landing and had to
be retrieved and her reply was that she would have just let the cat
get out and if it got onto the road..bad luck!

So my boss is not a cat lover....

I've found that in a work environment, sometimes I give too much
detail.

The next time, maybe you should simply say that you had an emergency
at home, or a family emergency. As long as it isn't a regular
problem, the details shouldn't be important.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully