Mellow doood

Old September 22nd 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Default Mellow doood

Mark Edwards wrote:
Little Boy has rediscovered the cat tree by the window.

He likes to stretch out, and stare at the birds and the feral cats. If
I come close, he likes to head butt and nose touch (with an occasional
nip or two). The plastic rod that closes the Venetian blinds has
become his latest toy, and he occasionally grabs at the blinds
themselves, although we strongly discourage that (grin).

He has pretty much made the top shelf his spot. So I decided to get
out the catnip.

Little Boy likes catnip. He has been known to bogart the stash of any
other cats, too. But this time, he has his own little pile of the good
stuff. Little Boy sniffs it, eats it, rolls around in in, and gets
thoroughly high.

I stand next to the cat tree, and he is a total love bug, is rolling
back to let me kiss his tummy (usually, he gets mad if I kiss his
tummy), pats me on the head and face with his paws and head butts me
like I am his very best friend.

He has become The Mellow Dood.

I take care not to let him roll too far over the side of the top
shelf. Then I decide to just pick him up and cuddle. He loves it -
wrapping front paws around my neck, and kissing me.

Finally, he leans back and looks at the shelf, letting me know he
wants back on the shelf. I turn in that direction, and he simply rests
his front paws over the shelf, and remains sitting in my arms. He
either thinks he is completely on the shelf, or is trying some new
seating arrangement. Either way, it looks like more of the "I'm sooooo
high!" thing.

I put him the rest of the way on the top shelf, and ge looks a little
confused - sort of an "I was in the position I wanted - why did you
change it?" look.

Little Boy is so cute on catnip (evil grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

LOL! I can just see it now.

Lately, Francesca and Nina have rediscovered this cat toy that's like a
little bolster, made of upholstery fabric and stuffed with 'Nip. I
think it rolled under the bed and was forgotten for a while, but it has
now been excavated. I can buy them adorable catnip stuffed toys which
pretty much get an eyeroll, and an insultingly short period of
inspection before they wander off, saying in that way that only cats
can "Surely you didn't think I'd find that lame thing amusing?"

Well, the bolster has been a hot property around my scatter, lately.
The girls keep stealing it from each other like it's the ball at a
world cup soccer match. When they're in possession, they bunny kick it,
gnaw on it, bat it around, and then rub against it ecstatically,
drooling. The other day I was watching TV in my chair when I spotted
Cesca lying on the living room rug, her head and one foreleg draped
over the bolster, her eyes half closed and drooling with pleasure.
(Drool is her chief indication of sensory bliss.) The only possible
caption for that would have been "I'm sooooooo stoned!"

Melissa

Old September 22nd 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Shiral wrote:

Mark Edwards wrote:
He has become The Mellow Dood.
Either way, it looks like more of the "I'm sooooo
high!" thing.

The only possible
caption for that would have been "I'm sooooooo stoned!"

Melissa

Now all they need is some headphones and Pink Floyd!

--tension

Old September 22nd 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

[cats on 'nip]

Shiral wrote:
The only possible
caption for that would have been "I'm sooooooo stoned!"

No cluons were harmed when "tension_on_the_wire"
wrote:
Now all they need is some headphones and Pink Floyd!

You mean like the cats here?:

http://www.k6plus.com/Nohr/images/cats.htm

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old September 22nd 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Mark Edwards wrote:
[cats on 'nip]

wrote:
Now all they need is some headphones and Pink Floyd!

You mean like the cats here?:

http://www.k6plus.com/Nohr/images/cats.htm

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

YES!! Perfect. The stoner cat even has similar facial markings to
Francesca's. =o)

Melissa

Old September 22nd 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mark Edwards wrote:

You mean like the cats here?:
http://www.k6plus.com/Nohr/images/cats.htm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Joyce
Old September 22nd 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Mark Edwards wrote:
[cats on 'nip]

wrote:
Now all they need is some headphones and Pink Floyd!

You mean like the cats here?:

http://www.k6plus.com/Nohr/images/cats.htm

Brilliant! That stoner cat is totally listening to Interstellar
Overdrive!!
--tension

Old September 22nd 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

tension_on_the_wire wrote:

Mark Edwards wrote:

You mean like the cats here?:

http://www.k6plus.com/Nohr/images/cats.htm

Brilliant! That stoner cat is totally listening to Interstellar
Overdrive!!

The stoner cat was my favorite! Whoever created this picked a photo with
the most perfect facial expression.

I liked the hop-hop cat, too, and the iCat.

Very clever!

Joyce
Old September 22nd 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

You mean like the cats here?:

http://www.k6plus.com/Nohr/images/cats.htm

The cat in the Techno Cat picture could be Ranger!

Old September 23rd 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:45:56 -0700, Dan M wrote:

You mean like the cats here?:

http://www.k6plus.com/Nohr/images/cats.htm

The cat in the Techno Cat picture could be Ranger!

Thanks for thr pictures. MLB

Mellow doood [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 September 25th 06 12:10 PM
Mellow doood Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 0 September 21st 06 11:35 PM
Mellow doood Tish Cat anecdotes 1 September 21st 06 10:10 PM