Bonnie is making progress with hoomins

Old May 1st 04, 04:07 AM
Cheryl

Default Bonnie is making progress with hoomins

I have to take a break from reading the 300+ posts since last night to
announce that Bonnie now comes to my mom when she comes over. But only when
she is sitting on the couch and being quiet. Even when she doesn't go to
her, she sits and watches her like a hawk which is way better than with
most people who come over; no one ever sees her because she hides under my
bed. I'm feeling better about taking a vacation this summer because my mom
is going to stay at my house during the nights for the week. Now I just
have to teach my mom how to give Shadow his medications. When I made
reservations for a condo in Myrtle Beach SC for this year, I had doubts
that Shadow would still be around but he is going strong! This time of year
is good for him because the outdoor enclosure is opened up, and he sits out
there for hours. Snoozes even. Bonnie hasn't figured out the pet flap yet
and sits inside watching her 'brothers' romping around out there. She'll
get it soon, I can tell.

--
Cheryl
Old May 1st 04, 04:36 AM
Sherry

I have to take a break from reading the 300+ posts since last night to
announce that Bonnie now comes to my mom when she comes over. But only when
she is sitting on the couch and being quiet. Even when she doesn't go to
her, she sits and watches her like a hawk which is way better than with
most people who come over; no one ever sees her because she hides under my
bed. I'm feeling better about taking a vacation this summer because my mom
is going to stay at my house during the nights for the week. Now I just
have to teach my mom how to give Shadow his medications.

Bonnie has made *such* progress. You've done so great with her.
Glad it's working out so that you can have a worry-free vacation, too.

Sherry

Old May 1st 04, 07:29 AM
Christine Burel

Awww, Cheryl -- that's wonderful news! It sure is amazing what being able
to trust will do for a former feral! (Having said that, we'll have Tucker a
year in early June -- no more scared "deer-in-the-headlights" look -- he
purrs and will jump up into my lap and Celeste's and gets that blinky-eyed
happy look when he's kneading...how nice to be a year later...!)
hugs,
Christine (give Bonnie gentle scritches from us)

Old May 1st 04, 07:35 AM
Christine Burel

"Cheryl" wrote in message
itty (Sherry ) dumped this in
on 30 Apr 2004:

I have to take a break from reading the 300+ posts since last night to
announce that Bonnie now comes to my mom when she comes over. But only
when she is sitting on the couch and being quiet. Even when she
doesn't go to her, she sits and watches her like a hawk which is way
better than with most people who come over; no one ever sees her
because she hides under my bed. I'm feeling better about taking a
vacation this summer because my mom is going to stay at my house
during the nights for the week. Now I just have to teach my mom how to
give Shadow his medications.

Bonnie has made *such* progress. You've done so great with her.
Glad it's working out so that you can have a worry-free vacation, too.

Sherry

I just noticed that Shadow has a runny nose. He just ran downstairs
probably to the litter box down there because Bonnie and Shamrock are up
here. The runny nose worries me, but the pollen has been really bad here.
I hope that is all it is. I tend to look for any signs of the FeLV to
pop up. Worrywort meowmie. He's had runny eyes and loud snoring for a
while now. Otherwise, ok. (except for the IBD) He had a clean bill of
health several months ago when he had a full bloodwork done; now the Pred
is running low, and the Flagll too so I'll have to get him back to the
vet. He's due for butt shaving. Gawd, Sherry I feel so bad for this
cat.

--
Cheryl

A plethora of purrs from us for Shadow -- I wouldn't be surprised if it is
the pollen; a friend of mine's cat lost his meow and I suggested that it
could be allergies or asthma and he took his cat to the vet who thought the
same and after a steroid shot his kitty is much better. You're taking good
care of Shadow, Cheryl, and doing the absolute best you can for him.
Thinking of you,
Christine, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker