best drinking fountains?

Old October 26th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default best drinking fountains?

I used to have Drinkwell but ran into a problem replaing the filters I
ended up giving to my daughter & her family

I got one with a dome, had excellent ratings but it was such a pain to
use and now it's broken

I need another drinking fountain not too many requirments : P

has to have big resoirvour (sp) not too noisey, ease of use, ease of
cleaning & replacing the filters...and the big one PRICE

I'm the US, I saw some great prices but there were on a UK Site

and thanks for info on feliway ..I have some & forgot abt it

they love to drink out of the tolet...and I'm concerned about their
safety

mind you the day I clean toilet I don't them drink from it for 24
hrs..but w/my guys the will clunk the lid up & down and will strach
the door to bathroom

I rent & she hates cats but has to let me have them under HUD, just
give her reason...

thank you all so much everybody here has been so friendly and helpful

Lynn

I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up
something else.
~Lily Tomlin

Old October 27th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elizabeth Blake[_2_]

"ensoul" wrote in message
ps.com...
I used to have Drinkwell but ran into a problem replaing the filters I
ended up giving to my daughter & her family

I have a Drinkwell and have ordered filters online. One time I ordered them
and the package said they were aquarium filters, but they were the exact
same size/shape as the official Drinkwell filters. So you might want to
consider getting another Drinkwell and looking for aquarium filters as
replacements. Check your local pet store first.

I used to have a Petsmart (I think?) and didn't like it. The reservoir was
very small and my cats prefer the free-falling water stream of the Drinkwell
rather than the other one where the water ran down the ramp.

--
Liz

Old October 27th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"ensoul" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Why do you think your fountain is broken? It might just need a good
cleaning. I have a Petmate and right after my husband died it stopped
working. I thought I had burned up the motor because I had forgotten to fill
the reservoir and went online to see about replacing it. I found
instructions on cleaning it and tried that first and it's been working
since. I think we had it for a year or so and the pump hadn't been taken
apart and rinsed out. It builds up a yucky slime in there that eventually
obstructs the flow of water. I take it apart and rinse it out every time I
break down the fountain for a good cleaning now (probably about once a
month) and have had no further problems. I like it because it is quite.
There is no pump noise and because of the ramp that someone else didn't care
for, I don't have running water sounds that would probably drive me crazy
(or to the bathroom frequently)

Wendy

Old October 27th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmagerl[_2_]

Can you provide a link to your "aquarium" filters. I find the drinkwell
filters too expensive.

A tip: I find it very difficult to remove the motor so I can put the bowl in
the dishwasher. So I took a strip of electrical tape annd wrapped it around
the motor body to form a pull tap. Pulling the tab rotates the motor enough
for me to get a finger under it.

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old October 29th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ANTHONY DIODATI

let the bathroom sink run just a trickle,
cleopatra she loves it.
Tony
ps.com...

Old October 29th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

On Oct 28, 8:03?pm, "ANTHONY DIODATI"
wrote:
[...]

~Lily Tomlin- Hide quoted text -

can't let the sink run because of mang. I live in low income housing
and the office B.... and I don't use that word lightly, would have a
fit...they go into apartments unannouced and when your not home

the drinkwell I gave to my daughter...it's the dome one that's borken
and was such a pain to use, I know it's broken because when you plug
it in nothing happens and yes I checed all they plug ins and cleaned it

Old October 29th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article .com,
says...
wrote:
[...]

Ah, I know what causes that. Behind all of these fountains is nothing
but a fish tank pump. They got clogged with cat hear and other gunk but
they're very easy to disassemble and clean out.

Old October 30th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote in message
"ensoul" wrote in message
ps.com...
I used to have Drinkwell but ran into a problem replaing the filters I
ended up giving to my daughter & her family

I have a Drinkwell and have ordered filters online. One time I ordered
them and the package said they were aquarium filters, but they were the
exact same size/shape as the official Drinkwell filters. So you might
want to consider getting another Drinkwell and looking for aquarium
filters as replacements. Check your local pet store first.

I used to have a Petsmart (I think?) and didn't like it. The reservoir
was very small and my cats prefer the free-falling water stream of the
Drinkwell rather than the other one where the water ran down the ramp.

"Petmate" - and yeah, my cats like the free-falling stream of water (none of
them drink form the bowl, they all lap at the falling stream of water. I
wish I could afford the Drinkwell "Platinum" - my Drinkwell is about to give
up the ghost (I have to take the water reservoir off so I can "spin start"
the motor). I can't talk DH into shelling out the $65 though.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Liz