Begging Cat

Old February 19th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Begging Cat

My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
annoying.

We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...

Any hints?
Old February 19th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
wrote:
My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
annoying.

We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...

Any hints?

Hope that he doesn't get to be like Bubba.

When I ignore *his* begging he plunks his 25Lb butt on my foot
looks up at me with the most pitiful expression, and ups the
volume on his crying.

He's a drama queen anyway. It's probably *my* fault for giving in.
Old February 19th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:
My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
annoying.

We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...

Any hints?

Hope that he doesn't get to be like Bubba.

When I ignore *his* begging he plunks his 25Lb butt on my foot
looks up at me with the most pitiful expression, and ups the
volume on his crying.

He's a drama queen anyway. It's probably *my* fault for giving in.

hahaha! I wish Gracie were interested in food. She eats, but without
enthusiasm. She does make bunny nose at any dairy I might be
eating, but takes one or two licks then washes her fact and paws
for half an hour.

Old February 19th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:04:36 -0800, roxy6671 wrote:

My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
annoying.

We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...

Any hints?

Perhaps he likes to talk about how good your dinner smells. Or maybe he
is saying he hopes you remember that he likes to eat too.

TuTu does this also. She is underfoot in the kitchen and I have to keep
telling her to move. When I get desperate, I get the squirt bottle out.
One look at it and she moves. Princess (RB16) used to sit in the doorway
and watch but TuTu cannot seem to learn to do that. Best of luck. MLB

Old February 19th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Feb 19, 3:40*am, mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

Water squirting works but takes a lot of perceverance. My cat snowy
used to jump onto our bird cage and every time she jumped i squirted.
I am sure it will help with the crying but maybe she just wants some
attention and needs to be distracted with something else?
Regards
Margaret
Old February 19th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote

Water squirting works but takes a lot of perceverance.

Loud noises are a lot more effective and less messy than
water. A loud NO (from the diaphram, not in a little squeaky
girl voice) of a clap of the hands AND a yell work great.

Old February 19th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook[_2_]

wrote in message
My Cat has started something new. He sits under our island and meows
constantly while we cook. We have never fed him while cooking and of
course we try not to drop any food. But this constant meowing and
sticking his head between our feet while cooking is getting really
annoying.

We have had him for approx 3 years and he is less than 4 years old...

Any hints?

What is the point of having a pet if it has no more personality than a desk
lamp? He's being a cat, he likes to socialize and he likes attention. Your
there, the kitchen is full of sounds and smells and voices. He's excited by
it all and wants to be a part of it. Get used to it or get an ant farm.

Paul