Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me

Old September 26th 05, 11:21 PM
Joe Canuck

Default Neighbor's Cat Annoying Me

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

Okay, I love cats, we know that.

We do?

We only know what you are telling us. I suspect those who truly love
cats don't go around proclaiming they do... they just DO.

Actually, your subject line speaks volumes... those who love cats are
never annoyed by them. We tolerate their quirks with a smile and
thoroughly enjoy their company... even at 6 am in the morning.

I've felt a little sorry for Boots
because, even though he appears to want to be outside, he's lonesome.
If he sees me, he wants to come in.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but there was a cat fight right in
front of my living room window and I opened the door and it was Boots.
He doesn't have claws, but he's a good 25+ pounds and was giving some
poor cat the "what for." Boots saw me and came up for lovin' but
escaped my grasp when the other cat took off and went chasing after it.
He's a bully!

Anyway, so now he's absolutely sure where I live and comes and meows at
my door. He then figured out which patio was mine and was meowing at
*that* door. And THEN at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, he's meowing at my
bedroom window. I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.

Yet, you still shut the door in his face.

Suggestions?

Yes, stop shutting the door in his face. Easy huh?

Old September 27th 05, 12:57 AM
Cheryl

On Mon 26 Sep 2005 05:32:34p, Brandy**Alexandre wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

Anyway, so now he's absolutely sure where I live and comes and
meows at my door. He then figured out which patio was mine and
was meowing at *that* door. And THEN at 6:00 a.m. Saturday,
he's meowing at my bedroom window. I can tell him to be quiet
and go home, but he makes me feel so bad when I shut the door in
his face.

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. That was when I
got Bonnie, and had a couple of strays hanging out, too. I think
they were originally attracted to the bird feeder I put out in the
winter. The two strays and Bonnie definitely didn't have a home,
or if they did, it wasn't a good one. None of them were fixed. The
other cat, I called him Funny Face because of his black/white
markings on his face, I wasn't sure about. I figured he was part of
their little pack. But when I trapped him to get neutered, too, he
turned out to be already neutered. The ordeal of being trapped has
kept him away from my house. It had a happy side effect of keeping
him close to his own home. When I released him that day, he ran
straight for a house down the road behind my house. Clearly, home.
I used to see him cross the busy road in front of my house, but I
never see him do that anymore. I still see him back there close to
his house, so he's doing well. I don't recommend trapping a cat to
"scare" him into staying close to home, but in this happy accident,
it worked. I don't have any suggestions for you. He likes you!

--
Cheryl
Old September 27th 05, 10:08 AM
It's Me

You say Boots "doesn't have claws" but is outside. Either the people
who keep him are uneducated or simply uncaring. No declawed cat should
be left outside. Their claws are a means of defense and for climbing
(to avoid danger). I presume you posted a troll message, anyway, since
no cat lover would shut a door in a cats face. Can you go away?

Old September 27th 05, 10:10 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On 26 Sep 2005 21:32:34 GMT, "Brandy**Alexandre"
wrote:

Okay, I love cats, we know that. I've felt a little sorry for Boots
because, even though he appears to want to be outside, he's lonesome.
If he sees me, he wants to come in.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but there was a cat fight right in
front of my living room window and I opened the door and it was Boots.
He doesn't have claws, but he's a good 25+ pounds and was giving some
poor cat the "what for." Boots saw me and came up for lovin' but
escaped my grasp when the other cat took off and went chasing after it.
He's a bully!

Anyway, so now he's absolutely sure where I live and comes and meows at
my door. He then figured out which patio was mine and was meowing at
*that* door. And THEN at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, he's meowing at my
bedroom window. I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.

Suggestions?

Let him in, as long as he doesn't give Kami a hard time. He values
your friendship.

Charlie
Old September 27th 05, 03:37 PM
Barb

No neighbor is perfect. Don't you know that? You love cats, you're not
allergic, so sit back and enjoy the company. Getting up early is good for
you. Don't you feel better when you get up early rather than sleep 'til
noon?

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old September 28th 05, 04:36 AM
It's Me

Brandy Alexander writes
(in reference to allowing a declawed cat to roam outside)...

"She said he was like that when he chose her. Someone else had let him outside and now he belongs to D. As for shutting a door in a cat's face. It's not like SLAMMING the door in his face, it's patting him and telling him to go home.

It doesn't matter who previously had the cat...If D or F of Zee or
anyone else has the DECLAWED CAT NOW, that human being should know
better than to let that declawed cat roam outside.

Old September 28th 05, 12:17 PM
Joe Canuck

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

Brandy Alexandre wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Charlie Wilkes wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Let him in, as long as he doesn't give Kami a hard time. He
values your friendship.

Charlie

I let him in once, and Kami was not amused. And, since I saw him
picking on another cat, I'm not sure what he would do if she
showed any agression to him. He actually got up on my bed and
looked like he was settling in for the night, and growled when I
picked him up to put him out. That, and reasons I post in another
article, is part of the reason he can't come in again.

P.S. I do sit with him for 5 or 10 minutes outside giving him love. I
don't snub the poor guy after just a pat on the head.

Oh?

Old September 28th 05, 05:56 PM
KD

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:17:39 -0400, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

Brandy Alexandre wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Charlie Wilkes wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Let him in, as long as he doesn't give Kami a hard time. He
values your friendship.

Charlie

I let him in once, and Kami was not amused. And, since I saw him
picking on another cat, I'm not sure what he would do if she
showed any agression to him. He actually got up on my bed and
looked like he was settling in for the night, and growled when I
picked him up to put him out. That, and reasons I post in another
article, is part of the reason he can't come in again.

P.S. I do sit with him for 5 or 10 minutes outside giving him love. I
don't snub the poor guy after just a pat on the head.

Oh?

I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.

Isn't this woman a declawer?
Old September 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Joe Canuck

KD wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:17:39 -0400, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

Brandy Alexandre wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Charlie Wilkes wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Let him in, as long as he doesn't give Kami a hard time. He
values your friendship.

Charlie

I let him in once, and Kami was not amused. And, since I saw him
picking on another cat, I'm not sure what he would do if she
showed any agression to him. He actually got up on my bed and
looked like he was settling in for the night, and growled when I
picked him up to put him out. That, and reasons I post in another
article, is part of the reason he can't come in again.

P.S. I do sit with him for 5 or 10 minutes outside giving him love. I
don't snub the poor guy after just a pat on the head.

Oh?

I can tell him to be quiet and go home, but he makes
me feel so bad when I shut the door in his face.

Isn't this woman a declawer?

Yes. She had her cat, Kami, declawed.

Old September 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Joe Canuck

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

It's Me wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Brandy Alexander writes
(in reference to allowing a declawed cat to roam outside)...

"She said he was like that when he chose her. Someone else had
let him outside and now he belongs to D. As for shutting a door
in a cat's face. It's not like SLAMMING the door in his face,
it's patting him and telling him to go home.

It doesn't matter who previously had the cat...If D or F of Zee or
anyone else has the DECLAWED CAT NOW, that human being should know
better than to let that declawed cat roam outside.

I agree with you there. I would never let a declawed cat outside. Her
reasoning was that someone altered him contrary to his lifestyle. I
guess because he's so big she thinks no one will pick on him.

So, does this mean your cat NEVER goes outside?