Advice on a weak, tiny baby kitten

Old September 24th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Advice on a weak, tiny baby kitten

A friend of mine has had a couple of abandoned kittens dumped on her
doorstep, and she is attempting to take care of the poor little things.
Both were skin and bones and had swollen bellies and were infested with
fleas.

She has bathed both of them to help with the fleas and is feeding them
kitten formula. One of the kittens seems to be doing fine on
the formula but the other is not at all eager to take it's formula, cries
a lot, and is listless and non-energetic.

Other than a trip to the vet for a checkup, any advice on what might help
the weaker kitten?
Old September 24th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

A friend of mine has had a couple of abandoned kittens dumped on her
doorstep, and she is attempting to take care of the poor little things.
Both were skin and bones and had swollen bellies and were infested with
fleas.

She has bathed both of them to help with the fleas and is feeding them
kitten formula. One of the kittens seems to be doing fine on
the formula but the other is not at all eager to take it's formula, cries
a lot, and is listless and non-energetic.

Other than a trip to the vet for a checkup, any advice on what might help
the weaker kitten?

A trip to the vet is the best advice you will get. Does "Your friend"
plan on taking them to the vet??

Old September 24th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

make sure they are going to the bathroom, often that is a huge issue,
bathing to get rid of fleas and keeping warm will do wonders, Lee
news

Old September 24th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kraut wrote:

A friend of mine has had a couple of abandoned kittens dumped on her
doorstep, and she is attempting to take care of the poor little things.
Both were skin and bones and had swollen bellies and were infested with
fleas.

She has bathed both of them to help with the fleas and is feeding them
kitten formula. One of the kittens seems to be doing fine on
the formula but the other is not at all eager to take it's formula, cries
a lot, and is listless and non-energetic.

Other than a trip to the vet for a checkup, any advice on what might help
the weaker kitten?

A trip to the vet is the best advice you will get. Does "Your friend"
plan on taking them to the vet??

There's no reason for you to assume that Dan is the person with the
kittens. We all know Dan here - if he had taken that on, he'd tell us!

Anyway, Dan - does she know that she has to stimulate them to pee and
poop? (I'm assuming they're tiny babies, here.) And that they need to be
fed on a very regular schedule, something like every 2 hours, all around
the clock. So that means getting up several times a night.

I do agree with kraut that going to the vet is a Real Good Idea.

Joyce
Old September 24th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Anyway, Dan - does she know that she has to stimulate them to pee and
poop? (I'm assuming they're tiny babies, here.) And that they need to be
fed on a very regular schedule, something like every 2 hours, all around
the clock. So that means getting up several times a night.

Yep, she knows and is handling the kittens pretty much as I would.

I do agree with kraut that going to the vet is a Real Good Idea.

That's my inclination as well. That's what I've been recommending.

Old September 24th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I do agree with kraut that going to the vet is a Real Good Idea.

That's my inclination as well. That's what I've been recommending.

If these are the two black and white kittens, one mostly black, and
the other mostly white, that's I've been saying too. Things seemed
promising so far, and I'll keep sending purrs for the two poor babies.

Old September 24th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:01:23 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[quoted text muted]

If these are the two black and white kittens, one mostly black, and
the other mostly white, that's I've been saying too. Things seemed
promising so far, and I'll keep sending purrs for the two poor babies.

Yep, that's them.

Old September 29th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

A friend of mine has had a couple of abandoned kittens dumped on her
doorstep, and she is attempting to take care of the poor little things.
Both were skin and bones and had swollen bellies and were infested with
fleas.

She has bathed both of them to help with the fleas and is feeding them
kitten formula. One of the kittens seems to be doing fine on
the formula but the other is not at all eager to take it's formula, cries
a lot, and is listless and non-energetic.

Other than a trip to the vet for a checkup, any advice on what might help
the weaker kitten?

Lots of purrs and best wishes for the kitten,
Polonca and Soncek