the TED?

Old February 27th 05, 04:35 PM
kitkat

Default the TED?

MLB...I saw your comment under Jasper's picture on my site...asking if
he had seen "TED" cuz his 3rd eyelid is showing. What is "TED"? The Eye
Doctor? The Evil Devil?

Should I be more concerned about this than I am? He honestly seems to be
almost back to 100% normal. Is it possible that the 3rd eyelid showing
is a sign of old age and not severe illness in this case?

Pam
Old February 27th 05, 04:38 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"kitkat" wrote in message
m...
MLB...I saw your comment under Jasper's picture on my site...asking if
he had seen "TED" cuz his 3rd eyelid is showing. What is "TED"? The Eye
Doctor? The Evil Devil?

Very close; the evil doctor (no matter how benign the vet really is!).

Should I be more concerned about this than I am? He honestly seems to be
almost back to 100% normal. Is it possible that the 3rd eyelid showing
is a sign of old age and not severe illness in this case?

Pam

As long as the vet knows that it's still showing, I wouldn't worry about it.
I don't *think* it's age-related. Otoh, haven't done a search on it,
either...

Cathy

Old February 27th 05, 05:08 PM
Mary

kitkat wrote:

Should I be more concerned about this than I am? He honestly seems to be
almost back to 100% normal. Is it possible that the 3rd eyelid showing
is a sign of old age and not severe illness in this case?

Pam

I have had and seen many old cats but I have only seen the third eyelid
in sick cats. And in fact, none of the sick cats I saw it in were old.
You have only had him since August--maybe it just takes some time for it
to go away. You mentioned that he did not have proper nutrition for the
last years of his previous owner's life. I feel certain your vet would
have brought it up if he thought there were something else going on.
Although, he might have assumed that it was because of this recent
problem and not an ongoing thing.
Old February 27th 05, 07:11 PM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:35:56 +0000, kitkat wrote:

MLB...I saw your comment under Jasper's picture on my site...asking if
he had seen "TED" cuz his 3rd eyelid is showing. What is "TED"? The Eye
Doctor? The Evil Devil?

Should I be more concerned about this than I am? He honestly seems to be
almost back to 100% normal. Is it possible that the 3rd eyelid showing
is a sign of old age and not severe illness in this case?

Pam

I really don't know but the third eyelid showing concerned me. From what
I have read, it is a sign of illness. I suppose it could be old age, but
I am not an expert. I really can't remember details of individual cats
because there are so many. As used in the group, TED means (I was told)
The Evil Doctor from the cat's point of view. When I mention this to my
Vet, she said she got that impression from the cat's reaction. Best
wishes and purrs that Jasper is OK MLB