By the Pound; Not the Count

Old January 22nd 10, 03:26 AM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
harry

Default By the Pound; Not the Count

Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

Truly

According to Jesus, in John 8:32, truth will set you free.
Old January 22nd 10, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

"harry"
Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

Well, most Torties are female and are supposed to bring good luck...
Bye

Old January 22nd 10, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

harry wrote:

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds

Your statistics are as fictional as your anecdotes.
--

Wayne M.
Old January 22nd 10, 01:57 PM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:26:06 -0800, harry wrote:

Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

Truly

According to Jesus, in John 8:32, truth will set you free.

You might try checking your "truth" sometime: the last I heard, most cats
were in the 6-10 pound range - mine are in the 7-16 pound range, mostly
around 9 pounds.

In any case, an average cat can deal with a 40 pound dog pretty well
because they are far better armed.

We don't own our cats - we serve them.

--
T.E.D. )

Old January 22nd 10, 06:40 PM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

harry wrote:
Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

Where on earth do you live, that five pounds is "average" weight for a
housecat? Agreed, cats in the U.S. seem to run a bit larger that their
UK counterparts, but the smallest cat I ever had weighed nearly ten
pounds, and she was TINY!
Old January 22nd 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kajikit wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:26:06 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

It would be four, not eight... and why is that a bad thing?

Huh? Don't they teach the multiplication tables in school anymore?
(4 x 5 = 20, not 40!)
Old January 22nd 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

It would be four, not eight... and why is that a bad thing?

Huh? Don't they teach the multiplication tables in school anymore?
(4 x 5 = 20, not 40!)

I was scratching my head at that, too...

Joyce

--
If an animal does something, they call it instinct. If we do exactly
the same thing for the same reason, they call it intelligence.
Old January 22nd 10, 09:55 PM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
harry

On Jan 22, 1:40*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
harry wrote:
Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

Where on earth do you live, that five pounds is "average" weight for a
housecat? *Agreed, cats in the U.S. seem to run a bit larger that their
UK counterparts, but the smallest cat I ever had weighed nearly ten
pounds, and she was TINY!

Hello,

Wishful thinking perhaps?- or "do you mean" barn cat?

During the Black Plague in Britain the Maltese cat literally saved
Europe from extinction. Regardless, this breed rarely appears on the
charts that hang in veterinarians' offices.

When the Plague first broke out, its cause was unknown; it was
eventually determined to be carried by fleas. Fleas, and presumably
the disease, had been around for a long time, so why should there
suddenly be an epidemic? The cause was the cats--not what the cats
did, but rather what they did not do. Over time, England had bred
their cats to magnificent sizes. Beautiful for show, they had become
useless at catching, killing and eating vermin.

The British feline was no longer able to get into the small spaces
where rats and mice hid. The rats proliferated, and their fleas
brought the Plague.

The small Maltese Cat has tiny ears, tiny paws, a short tail, short
legs, short fur, and the solid color and appearance of a gray rat. It
has a somewhat flat face with round, green eyes, and a loving
expression. In (an unknown year--what was it, please?) the English
imported large numbers of these Maltese cats. They were not recognized
as a special breed, and for centuries remained just the Maltese cat.
In recent history (years???) the Maltese breed has been recognized in
America, but currently seems to have been forgotten and for most
purposes is extinct."

History repeats itself . . . We never get any smarter, we just get
older . . . what will save us from the Plague next time?

"Truth shall make you free": Jesus in John 8:32
Old January 25th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote:

Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

It would be four, not eight... and why is that a bad thing?

Huh? Don't they teach the multiplication tables in school anymore? (4 x
5 = 20, not 40!)

How many of us have 5 lb cats? My lightest weighs 6+ lbs. Most are in
their teens and three of them would make a 40 lb d-thing. For what it
is worth, the 6+ lb owner, Tanada, has the d-cat terrified of her. She
has trained him to leave her alone.

Pam S. who figures that three cats could easily take out a 40+ lb d-g.
Old January 25th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

wrote:

Hello,

Since the average kitty weighs about 5 pounds, you will need to own 8
kitties to equal a 40 pound dog.

It would be four, not eight... and why is that a bad thing?

Huh? *Don't they teach the multiplication tables in school anymore? (4 x
5 = 20, not 40!)

How many of us have 5 lb cats? *My lightest weighs 6+ lbs. *Most are in
their teens and three of them would make a 40 lb d-thing. *For what it
is worth, the 6+ lb owner, Tanada, has the d-cat terrified of her. *She
has trained him to leave her alone.

Pam S. who figures that three cats could easily take out a 40+ lb d-g.- Hide quoted text -

Five pounds is a teeny cat. Even Bootygirl weighs about 7. Funny thing
is even
Bosley (24 POUNDS NOW!!) is afraid of her.

Sherry

Holy cow! 44 pound cat!!!! Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 3 July 31st 08 06:41 PM
He gained a pound!! Kreisleriana[_3_] Cat anecdotes 14 April 13th 08 02:27 AM
my cat can count! look at us we're beautiful Cat health & behaviour 3 May 24th 07 12:13 AM
At the pound Norm Cat anecdotes 1 June 10th 05 10:07 PM
Pound uthinasia muffin Cat rescue 10 May 16th 04 07:37 PM