Early wake-up

Old December 11th 05, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Early wake-up

"Christina Websell" wrote:
He still continues to tell me if she is in trouble. She cannot make a
sound, so Boyfie will tell me if she is at the door to go out for the toilet
if I haven't heard her stratching at the apron I leave dangling there so she
can alert me.
It makes no difference, she still doesn't like him much. He likes her,
though. He seems to look out for her. He does seem to be a bit unsung,
doesn't he?

KFC has a lot to be happy about. Nice home, bodyguard, meowmie,
chickens. All that's missing are children. I wonder why she's so
quiet?

Old December 11th 05, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

Nice thought! Kitty is almost always absolutely horrible to Boyfie
and he is almost always very patient and kind to her in return.

He's such a saint! Sounds like he deserves some special kitty treats
for his unselfish deeds.

She cannot make a sound, so Boyfie will tell me if she is at the
door to go out for the toilet if I haven't heard her stratching at
the apron I leave dangling there so she can alert me.

Is she physically unable to meow, or just a quiet cat? Lucky for her
she has BF to speak for her. And maybe he doesn't mind her temper, but
just takes it in stride. Felines seem to do a lot of whacking at each
other, even as a way of being friendly. Not saying KFC was being
friendly, just that cats might put up with that treatment more than
humans would. I know I'd be pretty annoyed if I did someone a nice
favor and they slapped me in the head in thanks!

Joyce - still trying to picture how KFC got trapped by a pillow...
Old December 11th 05, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote:

He still continues to tell me if she is in trouble. She cannot make a
sound, so Boyfie will tell me if she is at the door to go out for the toilet
if I haven't heard her stratching at the apron I leave dangling there so she
can alert me.
It makes no difference, she still doesn't like him much. He likes her,
though. He seems to look out for her. He does seem to be a bit unsung,
doesn't he?

It looks as though Boyfriend is just so happy to have a family
and a home he's doing his best to take care of everyone -- look
after his meowmie when she goes down the garden, keep tabs on
the crabby old lady, and just generally be the man of the house,
no?

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old December 11th 05, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Nice thought! Kitty is almost always absolutely horrible to Boyfie
and he is almost always very patient and kind to her in return.

He's such a saint! Sounds like he deserves some special kitty treats
for his unselfish deeds.

She cannot make a sound, so Boyfie will tell me if she is at the
door to go out for the toilet if I haven't heard her stratching at
the apron I leave dangling there so she can alert me.

Is she physically unable to meow, or just a quiet cat?

She seems to be physically unable to meow. Her mouth opens but nothing
comes out, she's always been like this. Sometimes a very tiny sound will
emerge, like "ier" but mostly nothing.

Lucky for her
she has BF to speak for her. And maybe he doesn't mind her temper, but
just takes it in stride. Felines seem to do a lot of whacking at each
other, even as a way of being friendly. Not saying KFC was being
friendly, just that cats might put up with that treatment more than
humans would. I know I'd be pretty annoyed if I did someone a nice
favor and they slapped me in the head in thanks!

He is very good with her, she's pretty crabby and he puts up with it with
very good humour.

Joyce - still trying to picture how KFC got trapped by a pillow...

Ah well, here's the explanation. I have a bay window in my lounge and my
three-seater settee fits into it snugly. On the left hand side there is a
small space where the back and arm do not quite fit against the wall.
Kitty's cushion is on the left hand side of the top of the back cushions,
she must have toppled off it in the night and her cushion had fallen too and
blocked the space for her to get out.
She was fine. You can see her on her cushion at:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

Tweed

Old December 12th 05, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 11 Dec 2005 02:23:17 GMT, wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

When I was a child, we had a cat who was unable to purr audibly,
although you could feel the vibration if you touched him. My father
once accidentally ran over the cat, breaking but not crushing his leg,
and he let out enough of a scream that he apparently damaged his vocal
cords. For the rest of his life, he could meow but couldn't purr loud
enough to hear.

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu
Old December 12th 05, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Poor KFC!!!! How brave of Boyfie to call the alarm. I'm glad she is OK!

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Now, as I get up very early in the week for work, I *do* like to have a
little lie-in on Saturday and Sunday morning. I was not best pleased,
therefore, to be woken up this morning before 7 by Boyfriend wowling his
head off. I put the pillow around my ears, but no good..he would not shut
up.
I reluctantly got up, thinking "this better be good, Boyfie, or you and I
might have a few words!!"
When I got downstairs, I found Boyfie staring intently at the side and

back
of the settee. I could hear vague scrabbling noises coming from behind

it.
Some years ago, a rat got in and was in this very place, so I immediately
thought the same might have happened again. I accused Boyfie of being a
wimp, why did he not just catch it??
Then I noticed...that Kitty's beloved
cushion-on-the-back-of-the-settee-where-I-love-to-sleep was blocking any
entrance out of there from the top and also that Kitty was nowhere to be
seen.
I removed the cushion. A very small tuxedo girl climbed out from her
prison. To say she was annoyed would be an understatement :-) the girl
flashed fire!
She must have fallen off her cushion during the night and it tipped over

prevent her escape.
Was she pleased with Boyfriend for alerting meowmie to her plight? Not a
chance. He went up to her to say he got her out and was she okay? and she
boxed his ears. Hard. Not only that but she said wowlie rude noises to

him.
He just shrugged and went outside on rat patrol.

I just love this cat.

Tweed

Old December 14th 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

He still continues to tell me if she is in trouble. She cannot make a
sound, so Boyfie will tell me if she is at the door to go out for the
toilet
if I haven't heard her stratching at the apron I leave dangling there so
she
can alert me.
It makes no difference, she still doesn't like him much. He likes her,
though. He seems to look out for her. He does seem to be a bit unsung,
doesn't he?

It looks as though Boyfriend is just so happy to have a family
and a home he's doing his best to take care of everyone -- look
after his meowmie when she goes down the garden, keep tabs on
the crabby old lady, and just generally be the man of the house,
no?

It seems like that, doesn't it? Bless his enormous heart. I think he's
quite an anxious cat, it's probably the temperament he was born with, he is
a worrier.
Kitty was also taken in from de out, just like he was. Does she care if I
fall off a ladder or through logs into an empty pond? No. Does she feel
obliged to accompany me down the garden, no matter how cold, rainy, snowy,
howling winds and gales to help me with the chickens. No. Not if it
interferes in any way with her snoozing in front of the fire. She's a cat,
and that's how it should be.
But Boyfriend *does* take it upon himself to endure all this weather to
accompany me. I don't know why, he certainly doesn't have to and I haven't
encouraged him to do so. I would prefer him to stay in the house and keep
warm actually while I endure the weather while I'm doing the poultry hut
close-up dance ;-)
Not a chance. I am definitely not to be trusted on my own down the garden.
Is there such a thing as a cat saint?

Tweed
P.S. There were some men in next door's garden (the empty house) with
torches. This was after dark last night and Boyfie meowed at the back door,
so I went out. I shouted to them "Eh, what do you think you are doing?" No
reply. "Hey, you, with torches, what are you doing in the garden?"
Reply "Is it your garden?" Me "Yes" (it isn't) Me: "what are you
doing in my garden at this time of night?" Them "Looking for a football"
Me: "I think not, clear off immediately, or I will call the police."
They went.
An hour later my neighbour knocked on my door to see if I was okay because
my house was surrounded by police cars with flashing lights. Another
neighbour had called them.
Much more excitement than has happened down here for years ;-)