What does it mean?

Old November 14th 03, 06:29 AM
Takayuki

Default What does it mean?

Lately, Betty's been pawing at me more and more. A few minutes ago,
Betty was following me around, and when I sat down, she threw herself
on the floor, rolled over to show her belly, and pawed at the air
towards me. I told her she was very pretty, and continued to read
some papers.

She then came up to me, stood on her hind legs with her front paws on
my knee, and said, "Maaaauuuuu!" I leaned over to give her some
scritches, and she patted me on the cheek. I picked her up, put her
on my lap, and she kept pawing at my arm, so I leaned down, and she
touched my nose with her paw. She does this sort of thing all the
time!

What does she want? Now she's falling asleep while using my forearm
as a pillow, so I can't ask her.

Old November 14th 03, 06:37 AM
Marina

"Takayuki" wrote
Lately, Betty's been pawing at me more and more. A few minutes ago,
Betty was following me around, and when I sat down, she threw herself
on the floor, rolled over to show her belly, and pawed at the air
towards me. I told her she was very pretty, and continued to read
some papers.

She then came up to me, stood on her hind legs with her front paws on
my knee, and said, "Maaaauuuuu!" I leaned over to give her some
scritches, and she patted me on the cheek. I picked her up, put her
on my lap, and she kept pawing at my arm, so I leaned down, and she
touched my nose with her paw. She does this sort of thing all the
time!

What does she want? Now she's falling asleep while using my forearm
as a pillow, so I can't ask her.

Nikki acts pretty much like this, too. I just interpret it to show that she
is really needy sometimes and wants a lot of petting and cuddling. The thing
is, she became more needy when she contracted hyperthyroidism. Now I know
that, when she becomes extra needy, it's probably time to check her thyroid
levels and up her dosage.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 14th 03, 07:04 AM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote

What does she want? Now she's falling asleep while using my forearm
as a pillow, so I can't ask her.

Nikki acts pretty much like this, too. I just interpret it to show that she
is really needy sometimes and wants a lot of petting and cuddling. The thing
is, she became more needy when she contracted hyperthyroidism. Now I know
that, when she becomes extra needy, it's probably time to check her thyroid
levels and up her dosage.

Hmm, I hope she isn't hyperthyroid! Nikki does sound like Betty in a
lot of ways.

I wish I could tell better what Betty wanted. Maybe she wanted some
catnip, or maybe she wanted to play, or maybe she wanted a kitty
treat.

Old November 14th 03, 09:44 AM

Takayuki wrote:

She then came up to me, stood on her hind legs with her front paws on
my knee, and said, "Maaaauuuuu!" I leaned over to give her some
scritches, and she patted me on the cheek. I picked her up, put her
on my lap, and she kept pawing at my arm, so I leaned down, and she
touched my nose with her paw. She does this sort of thing all the
time!
What does she want? Now she's falling asleep while using my forearm
as a pillow, so I can't ask her.

I think she wanted to go to sleep using your forearm as a pillow.

Seriously, I think she just wanted to cuddle with you! It sounds like she
just needed a little affection. You have a wonderful cat - she sounds very
sweet and affectionate.

Joyce
Old November 14th 03, 02:18 PM
Marina

"Takayuki" wrote

I wish I could tell better what Betty wanted. Maybe she wanted some
catnip, or maybe she wanted to play, or maybe she wanted a kitty
treat.

Or maybe she wants a kitty friend... ;o)

--
Marina
Old November 14th 03, 02:52 PM
Dan Mahoney

What does she want? Now she's falling asleep while using my forearm
as a pillow, so I can't ask her.

That's pretty much what Amelia does when she wants me to help her up
onto my shoulders. Sounds like she might just be asking to cuddle.

Or perhaps saying "I could use a kitty buddy"

Dan

Old November 14th 03, 04:25 PM
Steve G

Takayuki wrote in message . ..

Lately, Betty's been pawing at me more and more.

(...)
What does she want? Now she's falling asleep while using my forearm
as a pillow, so I can't ask her.

She wants a nice piece of gouda cheese.

This post was brought to you by the Gouda Cheese Awareness Council[1]
(Cat Subdivision).

Steve.
[1] G-CAC! Which is, appropriately enough, a common noise made when
trying to eat Gounda cheese.
Old November 14th 03, 05:32 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:29:58 -0500, Takayuki
wrote:

Lately, Betty's been pawing at me more and more. A few minutes ago,
Betty was following me around, and when I sat down, she threw herself
on the floor, rolled over to show her belly, and pawed at the air
towards me. I told her she was very pretty, and continued to read
some papers.

She then came up to me, stood on her hind legs with her front paws on
my knee, and said, "Maaaauuuuu!" I leaned over to give her some
scritches, and she patted me on the cheek. I picked her up, put her
on my lap, and she kept pawing at my arm, so I leaned down, and she
touched my nose with her paw. She does this sort of thing all the
time!

What does she want? Now she's falling asleep while using my forearm
as a pillow, so I can't ask her.

She wants attention -- probably wants play time too.
Old November 14th 03, 05:36 PM
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message \\

Or maybe she wants a kitty friend... ;o)

I think she's a lovely affectionate cat. I also second what Marina said
about a friend for Betty

Susan M
Otis and Chester