We lost our other cat today

Old May 25th 04, 03:04 PM
Professor

Default We lost our other cat today

We had to put down my 19 1/2 year-old Siamese in February when 3 years of
near-total renal failure finally did her in. This morning our other cat
Loki had a major seizure and we decided to have him put down too. He too
had renal failure for which we were giving him fluids every night, but he
also had diabetes, a thyroid problem, and high blood pressure all of which
we were treating. The last few months he was peeing and pooping in
virtually every room in the house. It is sad to be without him, but it was
definitely his time to go. He didn't complain about going to the Vets this
time the way he usually did.

Old May 25th 04, 05:42 PM
Barb

That's so sad but it definitely seems that you really did everything you
could for these two cats and they were fortunate to have you caring for
them.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old May 25th 04, 06:46 PM
Melissa Houle

"Professor" wrote in message .. .
We had to put down my 19 1/2 year-old Siamese in February when 3 years of
near-total renal failure finally did her in. This morning our other cat
Loki had a major seizure and we decided to have him put down too. He too
had renal failure for which we were giving him fluids every night, but he
also had diabetes, a thyroid problem, and high blood pressure all of which
we were treating. The last few months he was peeing and pooping in
virtually every room in the house. It is sad to be without him, but it was
definitely his time to go. He didn't complain about going to the Vets this
time the way he usually did.

I'm sorry to hear about your double loss. It does sound like you did
every possible thing for Loki that could be done. I lost one cat, and
felt it was entirely too much, even though my remaining cat is in
pretty good health for his age of 16 years. However much I miss
Isadora though, I do confess I don't miss the way she kept peeing on
my bed and pooping in the livingroom in her last few months of life.
My new kitten has been a perfect lady about using her cat box, and it
is a great blessing!

Melissa

Old May 25th 04, 07:00 PM
James Marz

"Professor" wrote in message .. .
We had to put down my 19 1/2 year-old Siamese in February when 3 years of
near-total renal failure finally did her in. This morning our other cat
Loki had a major seizure and we decided to have him put down too. He too
had renal failure for which we were giving him fluids every night, but he
also had diabetes, a thyroid problem, and high blood pressure all of which
we were treating. The last few months he was peeing and pooping in
virtually every room in the house. It is sad to be without him, but it was
definitely his time to go. He didn't complain about going to the Vets this
time the way he usually did.

Glad to hear your story. You should have taken better care of your
cats. I laugh everytime a cat dies. Get you another one maybe you can
kill it too. Good luck with killing your next one Professor.

Old May 26th 04, 12:29 AM
Hilary JRP

"Professor" wrote in message .. .
We had to put down my 19 1/2 year-old Siamese in February when 3 years of
near-total renal failure finally did her in. This morning our other cat
Loki had a major seizure and we decided to have him put down too. He too
had renal failure for which we were giving him fluids every night, but he
also had diabetes, a thyroid problem, and high blood pressure all of which
we were treating. The last few months he was peeing and pooping in
virtually every room in the house. It is sad to be without him, but it was
definitely his time to go. He didn't complain about going to the Vets this
time the way he usually did.

Just wanted to extend my sympathies to you on your loss. It's a great
loss, especially after the loss of a 19 1/2 year-old buddy. God Bless
you and your family in this sad time.

Hilary