People Baby Purr Request

Old February 5th 05, 01:52 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default People Baby Purr Request

My brother and SIL told my mom yesterday that she's expecting. This
wasn't planned, but it's not totally unexpected either, as they'd been
talking about having another child. (their youngest daughter just
turned 2, and the pediatrician is very happy with how she'd developed,
both physically and mentally)

Anyway, they're both scared to death as they're a little older than
most baby-having couples (he'll be nearly 41 when the baby is born,
she's 39), and they're afraid something will be wrong with the baby
because of this.

Please share a few of those purrs for a uneventful pregnancy and a
healthy baby in the Fall!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old February 5th 05, 01:57 PM
jmcquown

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
My brother and SIL told my mom yesterday that she's expecting. This
wasn't planned, but it's not totally unexpected either, as they'd been
talking about having another child. (their youngest daughter just
turned 2, and the pediatrician is very happy with how she'd developed,
both physically and mentally)

Anyway, they're both scared to death as they're a little older than
most baby-having couples (he'll be nearly 41 when the baby is born,
she's 39), and they're afraid something will be wrong with the baby
because of this.

Please share a few of those purrs for a uneventful pregnancy and a
healthy baby in the Fall!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Purrs on the way, but of course women are having babies at later ages all
the time these days. Back when I was born, in 1960, it was practically
*unheard of* for a woman my mom's age to be having a baby. She was 33

Jill

Old February 5th 05, 03:03 PM
CatNipped

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
My brother and SIL told my mom yesterday that she's expecting. This
wasn't planned, but it's not totally unexpected either, as they'd been
talking about having another child. (their youngest daughter just
turned 2, and the pediatrician is very happy with how she'd developed,
both physically and mentally)

Anyway, they're both scared to death as they're a little older than
most baby-having couples (he'll be nearly 41 when the baby is born,
she's 39), and they're afraid something will be wrong with the baby
because of this.

Please share a few of those purrs for a uneventful pregnancy and a
healthy baby in the Fall!

Purrs on the way. But tell your SIL that that's not really that old to be
having a baby, women have babies into their late 40s. If she's really
scared I'm sure the doctor can do an amniocentesis (sp?) - but that would
involve the decision to terminate the pregnancy if there *is* something
found.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 5th 05, 03:21 PM
Christina Websell

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
My brother and SIL told my mom yesterday that she's expecting. This
wasn't planned, but it's not totally unexpected either, as they'd been
talking about having another child. (their youngest daughter just
turned 2, and the pediatrician is very happy with how she'd developed,
both physically and mentally)

Anyway, they're both scared to death as they're a little older than
most baby-having couples (he'll be nearly 41 when the baby is born,
she's 39), and they're afraid something will be wrong with the baby
because of this.

Please share a few of those purrs for a uneventful pregnancy and a
healthy baby in the Fall!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

As I'm sure your brother and sil are aware, there is an increasing risk of
anomalies in the child as the mother gets older. However, my mother gave
birth to one of my brothers when she was 37 and another when she was 39 and
they are both absolutely fine, intelligence wise and health wise.
A colleague at work has just returned from maternity leave, having had her
first child at 39. He is fine too.
If the health service there is anything like in the UK, she will be well
monitored.
Lots of purrs for a happy outcome.

Tweed

Old February 5th 05, 03:31 PM
Gabey8

We're sending out loud, happy, chirpy purrs for the parents-to-be's good
news, and plenty of purrs and purr-ayers for a healthy, uneventful
pregnancy for mama and baby.

Wish them the best for us. )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old February 5th 05, 05:16 PM
OU812?

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
My brother and SIL told my mom yesterday that she's expecting. This
wasn't planned, but it's not totally unexpected either, as they'd been
talking about having another child. (their youngest daughter just
turned 2, and the pediatrician is very happy with how she'd developed,
both physically and mentally)

Anyway, they're both scared to death as they're a little older than
most baby-having couples (he'll be nearly 41 when the baby is born,
she's 39), and they're afraid something will be wrong with the baby
because of this.

Please share a few of those purrs for a uneventful pregnancy and a
healthy baby in the Fall!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Gladly! My mom had my sister at 39 and there were no problems, well,
except poor mom had morning sickness the whole way thru her pregnancy
(anemia as well iirc) tell her to take her vitamins and iron
supplements and such and she should be fine

Kristy
Old February 5th 05, 06:39 PM
Cathi

In message , jmcquown
writes

Purrs on the way, but of course women are having babies at later ages all
the time these days. Back when I was born, in 1960, it was practically
*unheard of* for a woman my mom's age to be having a baby. She was 33

Not that many years later, my mother gave birth to her last (me). She
was 44 at the time, and already a grandma!
--
Cathi
Old February 5th 05, 06:43 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 08:52:43 -0500, Jeanne Hedge wrote:

My brother and SIL told my mom yesterday that she's expecting. This
wasn't planned, but it's not totally unexpected either, as they'd been
talking about having another child. (their youngest daughter just
turned 2, and the pediatrician is very happy with how she'd developed,
both physically and mentally)

Anyway, they're both scared to death as they're a little older than
most baby-having couples (he'll be nearly 41 when the baby is born,
she's 39), and they're afraid something will be wrong with the baby
because of this.

Please share a few of those purrs for a uneventful pregnancy and a
healthy baby in the Fall!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Purrs for a successful outcome. I was born just before my mother's 40th
birthday. My youngest granddaughter was born just before her mother's
40th birthday. In this area it is common to have kids later in life.

Old February 5th 05, 06:47 PM
Cheryl

On Sat 05 Feb 2005 08:52:43a, Jeanne Hedge wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:mjj90111466nntqdtcq0uh9s08aua42lr1@
4ax.com):

Please share a few of those purrs for a uneventful pregnancy and a
healthy baby in the Fall!

Purrs for your brother and SIL! Exciting! More and more people are
having kids later in life. I couldn't do it, but I know many who do.
Even my sister had twins at age 35. Now that I DEFINITELY couldn't
do!

--
Cheryl