Shadow's Song

Old April 8th 04, 02:32 AM
Cheryl

Dan M dumped this in news:c52852$2o06ad$2@ID-
199721.news.uni-berlin.de on 07 Apr 2004:

I know for a fact that Sammy is capable of a lot more than just soft
squeaks - when I trapped him last July his "help, he's got me, he's
going to kill me!" screams must have been ehard in the next county. But
now that he is settled in as part of the family, all we hear are the
squeaks. Even when he gets really excited about something, all we hear
is "squeak-squeak-squeaksqueak".

Shadow is incapable of meowing. When he had the feeding tube incident
almost two years ago, the vet mutilated his throat trying to pull the tube
out through his throat. It was supposed to be able to be pulled through the
stomach wall and the flange on the inside should have just collapsed while
it was pulled, but that didn't happen. As a result of her many attempts,
his throat is all scar tissue. I feel bad for him with Bonnie because he
tries to scream at her to leave him alone but nothing comes out and she
must think it is fun to terrorize him. One time I heard him vocalize since
then. He was singing along with Bette Middler to "Wind beneath my wings".
lol He loves that song.

--
Cheryl
Old April 8th 04, 03:00 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 8th 04, 03:00 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 8th 04, 03:17 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 17:56:54 -0700, Dan M wrote:

Shadow cat, my little Sammy Kitten (who isn't so little any more) would
like to ask permission to use your song, too. He has no meow. All he can
manage is some soft, short squeaks.

Dan

He says yes and he is feeling better knowing there are others like him.

I know for a fact that Sammy is capable of a lot more than just soft
squeaks - when I trapped him last July his "help, he's got me, he's
going to kill me!" screams must have been ehard in the next county. But
now that he is settled in as part of the family, all we hear are the
squeaks. Even when he gets really excited about something, all we hear
is "squeak-squeak-squeaksqueak".

Dan

I hear you ;-)

If I hadn't heard Rocky yelling when I first popped him in the box to
haul off to TED for his snip-job, and then again heard him howl as the
poor techs tried to force him BACK inside for the trip home
afterwards, I'd say produces only the softest squeaks and meows. I
imagine some of the yowls I heard back before he was neutered were
also him, but I never actually saw him do it LOL
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 8th 04, 03:38 AM
Cheryl

John F. Eldredge dumped this in
on 07 Apr 2004:

You could feel the purr vibrations if you touched him, but
you could no longer hear him. Apparently he strained his vocal cords
when he screamed as the car broke his leg. He was still able to meow
at normal volume, however, so the meow must be made with a different
part of the vocal apparatus than is the purr.

Poor kitty! They are amazingly adaptable, though, aren't they? I think
you're right about being a different mechanism because Shadow purrs so loud
he can be heard by people I'm on the phone with if he's sitting next to me.

--
Cheryl

Old April 8th 04, 04:34 AM
Christine Burel

BRAVO! I was singing this at the keyboard (DH thinks I've lost it)! Way to
go Shadow and Cheryl!
Christine
"Cheryl" wrote in message
If I Only Had ...

... a Meow

(sung to the tune of "If I only had a Brain", Wizard of Oz)

I could walk across the room
Not feeling all this doom
Feelin' very proud
I wouldn't be a'runnin'
Bonnie wouldn't seem so cunnin'
If I only had a meow.

I'd stand up to ev'ry kitty
I'd be all hissy-spitty
In anger or in wow

With the meows I'd be voicin'
I would be rejoicin'
If I only had a meow.

Oh, I could tell you why
Shamrock makes me cry,
I could meow of things I never meowed before
And then I'd sit and meow some more.

I would not be just a nuffin'
My voice all full of snuffin'
My nose all feeling ow.
I would dance and be merry
Life would be a ding-a-berry
If I only had a meow.

--
Shadow

Old April 8th 04, 06:09 AM
LOL

Cheryl wrote in message ...
[...]

ROFL! Brava! Encore!
I couldn't snip any of it. :-)

------
Krista
Who sometimes would gladly donate some of her kitties' meows (or
screeches, bellows, and yowls)