Lighthearted, OT and cheeky/rude

Old August 29th 05, 06:29 PM
Helen Miles

Default Lighthearted, OT and cheeky/rude

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28082005/32...lage-name.html

I'm sorry, but this REALLY amused me. LOL!

There is some use of profanity. Kind of.

Helen M

Old August 29th 05, 07:08 PM
jmcquown

Helen Miles wrote:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28082005/32...lage-name.html

I'm sorry, but this REALLY amused me. LOL!

There is some use of profanity. Kind of.

Helen M

LOL! I heard about this a couple of weeks ago on the radio. They were
trying to report the story but the morning crew kept breaking into gales of
laughter and coming up with euphemisms for the name of the town!

Old August 29th 05, 07:37 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:29:10 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
yodeled:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28082005/32...lage-name.html

I'm sorry, but this REALLY amused me. LOL!

There is some use of profanity. Kind of.

Helen M

Well, someone should go to England and steal all the Wapping, Barking,
Dorking and Chipping signs. I always wondered why they had so
many gerunds there.

Theresa
Old August 29th 05, 07:39 PM
Enfilade

Helen Miles wrote:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28082005/32...lage-name.html

I'm sorry, but this REALLY amused me. LOL!

There is some use of profanity. Kind of.

Does it count as profanity if you're Austrian?

--Fil

Old August 29th 05, 08:00 PM
Irulan

LOL, that's F------ hilarious!
Heh.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
news:2aa801b8065a53b03a26e829db2dc359.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old August 30th 05, 03:13 AM
Takayuki

"Helen Miles" wrote:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28082005/32...lage-name.html

I'm sorry, but this REALLY amused me. LOL!

There is some use of profanity. Kind of.

Helen M

I liked this part

"Just this morning I had to tell an English lady who stopped by that
there were no F---ing postcards."

Old August 30th 05, 03:35 AM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:13:00 -0400, Takayuki
yodeled:

"Helen Miles" wrote:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/28082005/32...lage-name.html

I'm sorry, but this REALLY amused me. LOL!

There is some use of profanity. Kind of.

Helen M

I liked this part

"Just this morning I had to tell an English lady who stopped by that
there were no F---ing postcards."

Reminds me of an old joke:

A little lady walks into a Baskin Robbins. She looks around for a
while, and then says to the man behind the counter "I`ll take a quart
of chocolate.".
The man replies " I`m sorry Madam but we are all out of chocolate, if
you look around I`m sure you will find something else that you like."
The lady says "okay" so she looks around and says "I`ll have a pint of
chocolate Ice Cream."
The man behind the counter replies "I`m sorry Madam but we are all out
of chocolate ice cream, I`m sure if you look around I`m sure you`ll
find something else that you would like."
So the lady looks around and says "okay I`ll have a scoop of chocolate
ice cream on a sugar cone"
The man behind the counter is boiling mad by this point, but manages
to keep his cool and not yell at the little old lady. He then asks her
"Can spell the word straw in strawberry?".
The old lady said "s-t-r-a-w".
The man then asked her "Can you spell the word van in vanilla?"
The lady once again said "v-a-n".
The man then replied "Can you spell the word F**K in chocolate?"
The lady looks a little puzzled and then replies "there is no f**k in
chocolate.".
The man says to her " THAT`S WHAT I`VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU LADY,
THERE IS NO F**KING CHOCOLATE!!"

Theresa