Early wake-up

Old December 10th 05, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Early wake-up

Now, as I get up very early in the week for work, I *do* like to have a
little lie-in on Saturday and Sunday morning. I was not best pleased,
therefore, to be woken up this morning before 7 by Boyfriend wowling his
head off. I put the pillow around my ears, but no good..he would not shut
up.
I reluctantly got up, thinking "this better be good, Boyfie, or you and I
might have a few words!!"
When I got downstairs, I found Boyfie staring intently at the side and back
of the settee. I could hear vague scrabbling noises coming from behind it.
Some years ago, a rat got in and was in this very place, so I immediately
thought the same might have happened again. I accused Boyfie of being a
wimp, why did he not just catch it??
Then I noticed...that Kitty's beloved
cushion-on-the-back-of-the-settee-where-I-love-to-sleep was blocking any
entrance out of there from the top and also that Kitty was nowhere to be
seen.
I removed the cushion. A very small tuxedo girl climbed out from her
prison. To say she was annoyed would be an understatement :-) the girl
flashed fire!
She must have fallen off her cushion during the night and it tipped over to
prevent her escape.
Was she pleased with Boyfriend for alerting meowmie to her plight? Not a
chance. He went up to her to say he got her out and was she okay? and she
boxed his ears. Hard. Not only that but she said wowlie rude noises to him.
He just shrugged and went outside on rat patrol.

I just love this cat.

Tweed

Old December 10th 05, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, poor Boyfie, the unsung, unappreciated hero!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 10th 05, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw, that's just KFC's way of saying thank you to her sweet Boyfie.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 10th 05, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote in message
aw, that's just KFC's way of saying thank you to her sweet Boyfie.
Lily & her mama

I suppose this is why he didn't take offence. He's used to her vile temper
;-)
If she gets too much for him he just takes himself out into the garden.

Tweed

Old December 10th 05, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dat my Boyfriend - he good kitty! I's prowd to hav such a Boyfriend!

Purrs an nose kissies;

Mimi
(Weeble's baby sisfur - and now I has a baby sisfur of mine own - an she
look like Weebs!)

Old December 10th 05, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 10 Dec 2005 11:33:58a, Christina Websell wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Was she pleased with Boyfriend for alerting meowmie to her
plight? Not a chance. He went up to her to say he got her out
and was she okay? and she boxed his ears. Hard. Not only that
but she said wowlie rude noises to him. He just shrugged and
went outside on rat patrol.

I just love this cat.

I just loved your description of "wowlie" and "wowling" LOL Poor
Boyfie! He deserves some hugs and scritches for saving KFC!

--
Cheryl
Old December 10th 05, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:33:58 -0000, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

[...]

Darling boy. He understands she's an old girl; she was probably so
upset from being stuck in there, she just let fly at the first thing
that came near her.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 10th 05, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 12:36:01 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

[...]

Aww, we all appreciate him. He's a lovely bloke.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 10th 05, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
[...]

Nice thought! Kitty is almost always absolutely horrible to Boyfie and he
is almost always very patient and kind to her in return. Once or twice she
has driven him too far and he's given her a gentle clip around the ear but
that's very rare and it shocks her into being polite for a while.

He still continues to tell me if she is in trouble. She cannot make a
sound, so Boyfie will tell me if she is at the door to go out for the toilet
if I haven't heard her stratching at the apron I leave dangling there so she
can alert me.
It makes no difference, she still doesn't like him much. He likes her,
though. He seems to look out for her. He does seem to be a bit unsung,
doesn't he?

Tweed

Old December 11th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Was she pleased with Boyfriend for alerting meowmie to her plight? Not a
chance. He went up to her to say he got her out and was she okay? and she
boxed his ears. Hard. Not only that but she said wowlie rude noises to
him.
He just shrugged and went outside on rat patrol.

I just love this cat.

Me too. Just explain to him "no good deed goes unpunished" but he should
keep doing them anyway.

Jo