One bitty has gone.....

Old July 8th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default One bitty has gone.....

We let them have one last romp together then put Trouble, the black and
white bitty into the carrier.

His brother, Chaos is looking a little confused. I've always wondered
how kitten cope with being raised together with their brothers and
sisters and then being separated. It seems a little sad but at the
same time, that is the way life goes.

I just watched my roomie leave with the carrier, and my heart is a
little sad, but I knew that one was going to be defintiely leaving when
they came up on wednesday.

Chaos is right now on his back having a snooze, with his little bitty
bellow open to be tickled.

Kristi

ps, see i TOLD you that i wasn't keeping them, well, ONE at least.
We're going to be finding a home for Chaos, but in the mean time i
don't mind taking care of a bitty

Old July 8th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Fri 07 Jul 2006 11:51:36p, Mischief wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
oups.com):

We let them have one last romp together then put Trouble, the
black and white bitty into the carrier.

His brother, Chaos is looking a little confused. I've always
wondered how kitten cope with being raised together with their
brothers and sisters and then being separated. It seems a
little sad but at the same time, that is the way life goes.

I just watched my roomie leave with the carrier, and my heart is
a little sad, but I knew that one was going to be defintiely
leaving when they came up on wednesday.

Chaos is right now on his back having a snooze, with his little
bitty bellow open to be tickled.

Kristi

ps, see i TOLD you that i wasn't keeping them, well, ONE at
least. We're going to be finding a home for Chaos, but in the
mean time i don't mind taking care of a bitty

They will be fine. While the best scenario is to stay together,
not many are that lucky and they grow up into healthy, happy
kitties. Scarlett and Rhett were two of four littermates, and they
got to stay together, but I use to wonder if they missed the other
two, or if the other two missed them. They are extremely close.
Rhett will go to Scarlett and lay his head down in front of her for
a face cleaning. She does so every time. They have their play
fight sessions, and sometimes one will squeal, and run off, but
they still curl up together for naps. I'm glad they have each
other, even though Shamrock and Bonnie adore both of them.

--
Cheryl
Old July 8th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

NEVER!!!!!

Old July 8th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

I have no idea how many sisfurs and brofurs Persia had, but when she came to
me she was perfectly willing (and in fact, demanded) a human who would take
care of her. She was probably 2 years old at the time.

Just tonight she got into a hissy fit with the arched back and the huge
puffed up tail because some cat (looked like a young one) decided to
challenge her territory and peek in the window!

Some cats like the companionship of other cats. Persia, clearly, does not.
She probably doesn't remember her littermates except in an annoying way. So
don't worry too much. The sweet little black & white bitty will be fine and
so will the tumbling orange one. Just keep him busy with plenty of toys and
attention until he is rehomed

Jill

Old July 8th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Sat 08 Jul 2006 12:17:30a, jmcquown wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I have no idea how many sisfurs and brofurs Persia had, but when
she came to me she was perfectly willing (and in fact, demanded)
a human who would take care of her. She was probably 2 years
old at the time.

Marley (RB) was like that. Marley's life was pre-internet for me.
I have learned so much since finding these groups, and if I'd found
them before he was sick, he might be alive now. He got megacolon
and I didn't get him to a vet in time, didn't know he was in
trouble, and didn't know how to pill a cat. He was probably only 13
years old when he was put to sleep in 2001.

[history of Marley]
He hated all other cats. My sister went to get Marley from a
dumpster when our mom told us a co-worker of hers saw him there. My
sis had several other cats, and one had kittens and Marley beat up
on them. He held one kitten down by its ears and my sis decided
Marley couldn't stay and was going to send him to the "pound". I
didn't know anything about shelters and euthanization back then,
but I couldn't see "sending him to the pound". That was in like
1992. My landlady let me take him in even though the lease said "no
pets". I got Shadow because a neighbor put him out (1995/1996 or
so) and wouldn't let him back in because he was flea-ridden. Hell,
they let a visitor bring their dog in their apt and Shadow jumped
from the balcony to get away from the dog. Before Shadow, I took
in a kitten and Marley was so rough with the kitten that I let the
person who adopted 2 of the other littermates take that kitten
(Tiki) from me because I just couldn't keep him with Marley. I
didn't know how to integrate them back then. Heck, I didn't know
how to integrate Shadow with Marley either. They hated each other
the entire time they were together. When Marley died, I think
Shadow was finally happy being an "only" but I had to ruin it by
fostering a bunch of cats. He got sick soon after I took in
fosters.

--
Cheryl
Old July 8th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

I've just gotten word that the girl who adopted Trouble, is willing to
adopt Chaos too. She already has three cats like me, but doesn't want
to split them up.

My heart is sad that tomorrow i won't have any bitty to play with. But
at the same time, both bitties will have a nice large home with other
cats to play with.

*sniff* must go cry now.....

Kristi

Old July 8th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Mischief wrote:
We let them have one last romp together then put Trouble, the black
and white bitty into the carrier.

His brother, Chaos is looking a little confused. I've always wondered
how kitten cope with being raised together with their brothers and
sisters and then being separated. It seems a little sad but at the
same time, that is the way life goes.

I just watched my roomie leave with the carrier, and my heart is a
little sad, but I knew that one was going to be defintiely leaving
when they came up on wednesday.

Chaos is right now on his back having a snooze, with his little bitty
bellow open to be tickled.

Kristi

ps, see i TOLD you that i wasn't keeping them, well, ONE at least.
We're going to be finding a home for Chaos, but in the mean time i
don't mind taking care of a bitty

You had me worried for a moment when I read the header, I thought one had
died. Purrs for the bitty to have a long and happy life in his new home.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 8th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

I've just gotten word that the girl who adopted Trouble, is willing to
adopt Chaos too. She already has three cats like me, but doesn't want
to split them up.

My heart is sad that tomorrow i won't have any bitty to play with. But
at the same time, both bitties will have a nice large home with other
cats to play with.

*sniff* must go cry now.....

May be sad to see the other go but at least Trouble and Chaos will be
back together and it will make it easier for them to adjust to a new
home.

Bet they will be glad to see each other again!!

Old July 8th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

=
We let them have one last romp together then put Trouble, the black
and white bitty into the carrier.

=

I have to admit that I am glad Trouble and Chaos will be together.

We had decided that "two cats is normal and three cats is pushing it,
four cats is out of the question." We had Nox and Smokey; then we
found Kumani and Tyche, 3 week old orphan bits.

Well, if three cats is (barely) acceptable and four cats is out, then
we would keep one and re home one once they were weaned, yes?

No. They bonded to each other, HARD, so hard they SCREAMED when they
lost sight of one another. That feline scream of agony that sounds
like a crying baby. And they bonded to Dylan as their "natural
mother." (At 9 months, when Kumani was at the vet overnight and
quarantined 2 days more, both Kumani and Tyche were inconsolable and it
went on until Kumani was back at home with us. We put them together in
a big carrier so they dont' shriek in the car.)

Out of the question? They didn't ask the question. They just made
themselves at home...

Purrs for the bits in their new home.

--Fil

Imp meets a bitty Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 August 1st 06 09:21 AM
BITTY PICS!!!!! (KFW!!) Mischief Cat anecdotes 21 July 10th 06 10:03 PM
We're gonna have bitty visitors!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 13 July 6th 06 05:18 AM
Bitty Clothes Enfilade Cat anecdotes 13 June 29th 06 08:26 PM
Bitty Report Tanada Cat anecdotes 18 April 19th 05 01:51 PM