Andy update

Old November 24th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cl

Default Andy update

Well I had to take Andy to my regular vet today as he had a relapse of
the vomiting this morning. He was fine for a couple of days. I don't
know why this occurred again. It cannot be anything with the food or
water as my other cat is fine and she eats the same food and drinks the
same water that he does. Anyhow I had to leave him with at the vets for
a few hours. Some of the stuff they want to do requires sedating him.
Any purrs that could be directed to him would be appreciated. I hope
everyone else here and their masters are ok.

cl
Old November 24th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Your other cat is fine as you said right? Have you ever thought it might
be a food allergy. You might have had these questions and remarks made if
so I apologize but this is the first remembering seeing them.

How old is the furball? When did this start? What had been done? What is
being done?

Is the furball gobbling his food? wet or dry?

Also have you check the distributors of the food they are eating there
might be different version of the food they are eating which effects on the
furball and not the other one.

Good luck

purrs in route

Old November 24th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

cl wrote:
Well I had to take Andy to my regular vet today as he had a relapse of
the vomiting this morning. He was fine for a couple of days. I don't
know why this occurred again. It cannot be anything with the food or
water as my other cat is fine and she eats the same food and drinks the
same water that he does. Anyhow I had to leave him with at the vets for
a few hours. Some of the stuff they want to do requires sedating him.
Any purrs that could be directed to him would be appreciated. I hope
everyone else here and their masters are ok.

cl

Just because one cat eats the food does not mean the other cat does not
have a problem digesting it. We had one cat, Smokey (RB this year from
oral cancer), who just gobbled her kibble - and the result was that
after about an hour, it would swell in her stomach and up it would come.
After a while, it became a "habit" for her to upchuck after she ate - no
matter what she ate.

Also, just one of our cats has developed a grain allergy (he scratches
and gets sores whenever we feed food with corn or wheat in it - rice is
OK), but none of the others are like that. So we spend $35+/- per bag
for wheat & corn free (only grain is "wild" rice) kibble every 2 weeks
or so (we have 11 cats). There are a multitude of foods like this, and
we went through 5 different brands until they decided they like this one
(Innova), since it is plain round kibble, not fancy X's or O's or some
other weird shape.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old November 24th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

Well I had to take Andy to my regular vet today as he had a relapse of the
vomiting this morning. He was fine for a couple of days. I don't know why
this occurred again. It cannot be anything with the food or water as my
other cat is fine and she eats the same food and drinks the same water
that he does. Anyhow I had to leave him with at the vets for a few hours.
Some of the stuff they want to do requires sedating him. Any purrs that
could be directed to him would be appreciated. I hope everyone else here
and their masters are ok.

cl

Poor Andy. Purrs sent for him to get feeling better.
Kyla

Old November 24th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cl

"cl" wrote in message
Well I had to take Andy to my regular vet today as he had a relapse of the
vomiting this morning. He was fine for a couple of days. I don't know why

Yes Mary is fine with no problems at all. If it is a food allergy it has
just developed in the last few days or week. They are eating the same
exact food that they have been eating for months. I checked the labels
on both the dry and canned food they are eating and can see no
differences. Of course I just bought a new case of each of the canned
foods they eat and I do not have any of the previous batch of cans of
the canned food that he eats. So it is possible that they changed it
somehow I cannot tell. The dry food bags that I have now are not new.
They have been eating this dry food for at least two weeks.

This started last Friday afternoon but cleared up on it's own later on
Friday. All day Saturday and Sunday he was fine until this morning. I
think it is a case of him just eating too much food before his system
was ready to handle it. He is 8 years old, and the vet wants to run a
blood panel, and possibly some x-rays. Since he had been biting and
picking at the bottom of his right rear foot they are going to sedate
him so the hair can be trimmed to allow examining the area better. While
they are at it they are going to trim his claws, and remove a few minor
matts that he had in front of his tail.

Thanks for the purrs.

cl
Old November 24th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cl

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
cl wrote:
[...]

I think it is more a matter of him eating too much food before his
system was ready to handle it. It could be a problem with the food he is
eating I suppose. I have checked both the dry and canned food they both
eat and can see nothing that indicates they have been changed. Of course
I don't have the bags from the previous purchases so it is possible. I
will keep your suggestions in mind however and just keep an eye on him.
He has in the past had problems with vomiting so he does tend to have a
sensitive stomach. So the things you suggest are possible. For now I am
anxiously awaiting the vets call as I do anytime any of my cats are put
under/sedated. I will update more later.

cl

Old November 24th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old November 25th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Lots of purrs for Andy coming your and his way!
Christine

Old November 25th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cl

cl wrote:
Well I had to take Andy to my regular vet today as he had a relapse of
the vomiting this morning. He was fine for a couple of days. I don't
know why this occurred again. It cannot be anything with the food or
water as my other cat is fine and she eats the same food and drinks the
same water that he does. Anyhow I had to leave him with at the vets for
a few hours. Some of the stuff they want to do requires sedating him.
Any purrs that could be directed to him would be appreciated. I hope
everyone else here and their masters are ok.

cl

I got Andy back from the vet around 4 pm. His bloodwork showed no
problems. They looked at his foot that he was picking/biting at it and
did not see any problems. On the other back foot however they found an
abrasion that looked like he scraped it on something. While he was there
and they had him sedated they trimmed his claws, and trimmed off the
matts that he had. They gave me some antibiotics for the vomiting, and
some pain medicine to keep him from biting at or licking his foot. I
will start the medicines on him tomorrow morning. He is still walking a
little wobbly, and did eat a little bit about an hour ago. He did manage
to keep most of it down but did bring up a little bit of it. But he
seems ok. He just needs time for the sedation to fully wear off. Thanks
for the purrs so far! Keep him coming please.

cl

Ping: Andy Susan M[_3_] Cat anecdotes 9 June 25th 08 12:01 AM
who doesn't Andy taste fully Detestable Austrian Necrophiliac Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 09:51 AM
when doesn't Andy tease eerily Maify Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 11:49 AM
Update on Andy (my cat who had a dental done) rrb_041303 Cat anecdotes 4 August 16th 03 07:10 AM
Purrs for Andy RBinCA Cat anecdotes 1 July 9th 03 04:22 AM