Isis Is Sick

Old May 18th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Default Isis Is Sick

Hi all.

It seems that Isis is now sick and I was hoping that many of you will keep
her in your thoughts. I don't know what she has but it appears to look like
the same symptoms of a urinary blockage similar to what Icarus had. I gave
her an antibiotic which seemed to help because when I came home last night
she was producing urine normally. Now, this morning she vomited and pooped a
little but no urinecoming out. When I try to examine her, she hissed a bit
so it's obvious she's in pain. I have a call into the vet so hopefully
they'll call back. It's so sad since she's never really been sick. I
couldn't bare to lose her.

Old May 18th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Hi all.

It seems that Isis is now sick and I was hoping that many of you will keep
her in your thoughts. I don't know what she has but it appears to look
like the same symptoms of a urinary blockage similar to what Icarus had. I
gave her an antibiotic which seemed to help because when I came home last
night she was producing urine normally. Now, this morning she vomited and
pooped a little but no urinecoming out. When I try to examine her, she
hissed a bit so it's obvious she's in pain. I have a call into the vet so
hopefully they'll call back. It's so sad since she's never really been
sick. I couldn't bare to lose her.

Oh, no. I hope it is nothing serious, CP. I am so glad you are getting her
to the
vet asap.

Old May 18th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

As soon as the vet calls me back, she's going in. It's a crap shoot on
Sundays but he usually has boarders. The problem is, how did she get
blocked? She's the one cat that never gets sick. I tried to get Prednisone
and Amoxicillian in her but she's pretty difficult. Every time I try, she
hisses or manages to get her front paws free. It really makes me crazy
knowing there is nothing else I can do until she goes into the vet. I'd take
her to the emergency vet but they're very expensive.

Old May 18th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Candace

On May 18, 8:37*am, "Cat Protector" wrote:
Hi all.

It seems that Isis is now sick and I was hoping that many of you will keep
her in your thoughts. I don't know what she has but it appears to look like
the same symptoms of a urinary blockage similar to what Icarus had. I gave
her an antibiotic which seemed to help because when I came home last night
she was producing urine normally. Now, this morning she vomited and pooped a
little but no urinecoming out. When I try to examine her, she hissed a bit
so it's obvious she's in pain. I have a call into the vet so hopefully
they'll call back. It's so sad since she's never really been sick. I
couldn't bare to lose her.

I certainly hope it's nothing serious; you've had more than your share
of veterinary problems lately. Poor Isis.

Candace
Old May 18th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Hi Candace.

I brought her into the vet today and it may be a urniary tract issue. Her
urine PH was normal but her white cell count was pretty high. Luckily, her
bladder had very little urine in it so she isn't blocked. The vet examined
her and gave her fluid and a shot of anti-biotics. She is back home now and
I have to give her liquid antibitics every day for few days. It's unknown
what caused the issue. She's been a pretty healthy cat.

..

Old May 19th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot[_2_]

If you have other cats I would isolate her with her own litter box till this
is cleared up. I had one cat pass it onto another once because I didn't
keep them seperate.

Celeste

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Hi Candace.

I brought her into the vet today and it may be a urniary tract issue. Her
urine PH was normal but her white cell count was pretty high. Luckily, her
bladder had very little urine in it so she isn't blocked. The vet examined
her and gave her fluid and a shot of anti-biotics. She is back home now
and I have to give her liquid antibitics every day for few days. It's
unknown what caused the issue. She's been a pretty healthy cat.

..

Old May 19th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

A cat can't catch a urinary tract infection from another cat.

Old May 19th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

CP, had you been feeding both cats an all-canned diet?
Old May 19th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Yes. Both are on canned food. The vet says it isn't uncommon for female cats
to have urinary tract issues. It is rare however that they have blockages
like the male cats get. Right now, Isis is on anti-biotics and they seem to
be working. She's doing much better today but it was worrisome yesterday
considering she was harly eating and was going back to the litterbox several
times.

Old May 19th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cat Protector" wrote
Right now, Isis is on anti-biotics and they seem to
be working. She's doing much better today but it was worrisome yesterday
considering she was harly eating and was going back to the litterbox
several times.

I'm really glad she is better, CP.