Sensitive spot above base of tail?

Old May 3rd 04, 03:50 PM
[ medic ]

We call it the "extra special happy kitty spot" in our house. My tom, Maus,
doesn't like it being touched, he gets kind of bitchy when you scratch there
and he'll run off.

We just adopted a little girl yesterday, Ryoko, and she seems to love having
her's scratched because she'll just flop over and start purring. Of course
that's only happened twice so far, she's still a little apprehensive of
Maus.

"Robotech_Master" wrote in message
g...
I was just wondering...is there something special about the area just
above the base of the tail? I remember that one of my grandmother's
cats had a skin condition in that area, and my own cat seems rather
sensitive in that area...if I touch or rub it, she starts licking (or
nibbling) on my hand.

Is this something to be worried about/see the vet over?

--
Chris Meadows aka | If this post helped or entertained you, please rate
Robotech_Master | it at http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=robotech

http://www.eyrie.org/~robotech

Old May 3rd 04, 08:59 PM
James Marz

"Mary" wrote in message . com...
"Robotech_Master" wrote in message
g...
I was just wondering...is there something special about the area just

above the base of the tail?

It's the kitty g-spot! Rub it and Buddha will begin meowing while rocking
her head side to side Little Stevie
Wonder style. :')

ROTFLMAO!! Great post! Try poking that g-spot with a hot needle. My
cat will run like Forrest Gump! Chase it down and poke in the eyes and
it will *look* like Stevie Wonder!

James Marz

Old May 3rd 04, 09:38 PM
Mary

"Laura R." wrote

Heh. Oscar licks anything nearby when I get his ticklespot. I think I like

"kitty g-spot" better. ;-)

Hmmm. That's kitty #2 who has a licking response. Any time Cheeks is petted
and feeling good she "lips" things, to use my husband's term for it. Rubs
the sides of her face and lips on whatever is near. If there are no toys,
then a pillow.

---

Old May 3rd 04, 09:39 PM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote

We'd say "Cherokee! Your paws are dirty!"
then scratch him there to awe and amaze our friends.

This is funny.

---

Old May 4th 04, 02:47 AM
S&R

Why are you talking about poking a cat with a needle for you freak????????
Whats your problem??????
"James Marz" wrote in message
om...

. com...

Old May 4th 04, 06:32 AM
HUDAV847

So it's not harmful or hurting her or anything to scratch her there?

Not only is it non-harmful, but I think it is very beneficial to your cat. I
think the reason why they like it so much is that that part of their body
doesn't get stimulated when they groom - they can't reach it. Ever stay in bed
sick and not shower that day? When I do that, my scalp gets kind of 'sore'
from the lack of stimulation. I think that might account for some cats being
sensitive there.