Here we go again

Old September 24th 10, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Here we go again

An influx of trolls and net-cops. Everyone got their recipes and other
distractions ready?

OB Cats: Persia is on her back in a patch of sunshine with her very soft
tummy exposed. Every time I walk by I give her tummy a rub. She opens her
gorgeous green eyes and blinks slowly at me Then she goes back to
snoozing. She's a champion snoozer.

Jill

Old September 24th 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"jmcquown" wrote
..
An influx of trolls and net-cops. Everyone got their recipes and other
distractions ready?

hehehe Yup! Prepping a set for Lee based on what she has now to cook on.
Making assumptions she has a half fridge and just 3 burners tops. Microwave
hopefully.

Old September 24th 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

this isn't a recipe but its what we did to clear the frig and have something
for comfort food/easy as we are winding down on the inventory.

i am guessing at amounts but this is just an idea thing so ymmv.

one can each black beans, kidney beans, drained and rinsed.

one can chili beans, combine and let sit while

you dice finely about a half cup very strong onion and one stalk celery,
saute this in three pats of whipped butter, then add two cooked turkey
burgers and two cooked sausage patties, dice all the meat before adding,
then add a half cup of diced tomatoes. after this is heated add the beans
stir and put on the back burner to simmer very slowly until you are hungry.
no cool bread so it will be water crackers with it,

Old September 25th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

we have a decent frig, apartment sized, but only two burners el. and a nuker
i can't operate because its touch pad, but its swankeeir than ours at home
has defrost and even tells dh when to turn the item being defrosted, cooking
utensiles include a med sized stock pot we did a roast in, a twelve inch
skillet same lid for both, a steamer set that is a one and a half or two
quart sauce pan and the steamer in this room doubles as a colender, and that
my friends is the limit of stove items, also a glass mixing bowl and three
pyrex bowls for cooking in nuker and storing, Lee
"cshenk" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote
.

Old September 25th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
An influx of trolls and net-cops. Everyone got their recipes and other
distractions ready?

OB Cats: Persia is on her back in a patch of sunshine with her very
soft tummy exposed. Every time I walk by I give her tummy a rub. She
opens her gorgeous green eyes and blinks slowly at me Then she goes
back to snoozing. She's a champion snoozer.

Jill

All cats are, Jill. (I've read that a healthy adult cat sleeps between
eighteen and twenty hours a day!)
Old September 25th 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Storrmmee wrote:
this isn't a recipe but its what we did to clear the frig and have something
for comfort food/easy as we are winding down on the inventory.

i am guessing at amounts but this is just an idea thing so ymmv.

one can each black beans, kidney beans, drained and rinsed.

one can chili beans, combine and let sit while

you dice finely about a half cup very strong onion and one stalk celery,
saute this in three pats of whipped butter, then add two cooked turkey
burgers and two cooked sausage patties, dice all the meat before adding,
then add a half cup of diced tomatoes. after this is heated add the beans
stir and put on the back burner to simmer very slowly until you are hungry.
no cool bread so it will be water crackers with it,

Sounds delicious, but all those beans and strong onion would give me
indigestion for a week! (My once "cast iron" stomach deserted me about
twenty years ago.)
Old September 25th 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

mine is leaving me, but i do love beans, we had it over whole wheat thin
spaghetti with shredded parm/ramano/oseceogo, yummy, Lee
m...

Old September 27th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^^=[_3_]

That is good to hear, Lee, sounds like you're doing okay in the food dept.
You've really got it together and I'm glad you have a microwave that your dh
can deal with.
You're doing good with what you have. Love, Kyla